Attack Damn it!

anji - my advice is not to start again, but to do what everyone else does when they slip up; but it behind them, keep going, and try not to do it again.

BUT. You have to know that you can't drink alcohol in cruise. Not just because it will stop you losing weight or because its "baaad" - but because will make you feel very, very, very ill.

I drank just 3 glasses of wine about 4 weeks in - and the hangover lasted 3 days of misery, and the first day hurt more than any hangover since I was 18, and Magaret Thatcher was PM.

Put the wine in a locked cupboard and refuse invitations where wine will be on offer. If wine is around you, drink fizzy water or diet coke.

Remember - It's not for ever - just until you reach csonsolidation, when wine can be part of your once a week gala meal.

And if you really can't imagine being with out wine for that long - chose another diet, because Dukan and Alcohol is not a good mix at all.

Thanx Atropos for ur advice. I will continue the Dukan diet as I enjoy meat so much and don't really want to be drinking wine as I have even so it's a good way to stop. I think I've lapsed because I didn't feel all that good and woke up this morning with a chest infection so struggling for breath and feeling really sh** so gonna have to see how it goes for a couple of days now and maybe start over when I'm feelin better. :)

Good luck Anji I am sure the book will help you get your head round Dukan and ready to make a great start when you can - I missed wine like anything at first as I was used to unwinding with a couple of glasses in the evening with dinner and it was a real social thing - it took a couple of weeks for me to get my head round it and currently I have four bottles of wine untouched in the fridge and I am not tempted - I also have a bottle of champagne ready for reaching target and can't wait to have it. Everyone is right that alcohol and Dukan do not mix - well more Dukan and wine - I have had a few nights with a couple of vodka and diet cokes and the scales have still been kind - mind you otherwise I have been 100% so that might have helped too. Anyway I am mumbling - good luck with your Dukan journey - you can do it, of course you can! x

Thanx that's nice to know that its not only me who likes a glass of wine! Will keep u updated when I start properly,I'll probably have to take steroids and antibotics now so it'll be a few days until I can start it properly! But I've got the book to keep me entertaine! Already read 1/4 of it! It's really encouraging,a lot more than the website!!! Waste of money! Anyway,speak soon and thanx again and well done u on having 4 bottles of wine on fridge :) x

I too, cant wait to get to target for some wine! Your not alone anji. I'm missing a night out with some wine, but must remember this is only short term and will be soooo worth it in the end when we reach our targets! Get well soon, and good luck, keep us updated xxx

Thanx samjay will do. And yes it will be worth it won't it! Hopefully be in a bikini by summer!! We'll see. Thanx for get well wishes. Speak soon xxx

Back