Damn it!!!!

Hi,

I tried AGAIN to re-start s&s but day one was awful. I don't know what was wrong with me but i was just miserable the whole day and was in tears by the evening and ended up having a WW meal :(

Anyways I re-re-re (lol) started today and so far really good :) I've had shake, bar, shake and am making shake-cookies with a cuppa tea in a bit .... but i'm feeling positive today,

I really don't want to fail again,

I feel crap when I see people have lost 5,7,9, 11 stone ect!! and i have 2 STONE to loose and I can't do it?!?

Someone kick me up the butt and tell me to get on with this!! haha :D

Ready for a big kick up the bum?

There is only one person responsible for what you put in your mouth and that is you. You choose whether you do it or not. There will be many hurdles during your weight loss journey and it is up to you to overcome them, engage your willpower and crack on.
You can do this. You have willpower in you, everybody does. Find it, use it, and it will grow and grow. The longer you stick to the diet, the harder it is to give in. You can do it!!!

Ready for a big kick up the bum?

There is only one person responsible for what you put in your mouth and that is you. You choose whether you do it or not. There will be many hurdles during your weight loss journey and it is up to you to overcome them, engage your willpower and crack on.
You can do this. You have willpower in you, everybody does. Find it, use it, and it will grow and grow. The longer you stick to the diet, the harder it is to give in. You can do it!!!

Every word so true, i need to do this as my self esteem is just crumbling under the repeted failures!!

Its ok we've all been there start afresh Don't think about the times it's gone wrong think about the times you've stuck with it. Im back after a long break (a month) as realised wasn't getting closer to my goal was getting further away. Day two for me we will all get there.

this might be the time you REALY do it and get to goal and you will be able to look back and laugh at all your false starts :)
awesome kick you got there Saddlebag lol
x

Every word so true, i need to do this as my self esteem is just crumbling under the repeted failures!!

Try this: when you get the urge to eat, clear your head of that voice inside saying "eat it". It is your inner critic- the voice that we have ALL heard, saying things like "what's the point? You'll never succeed" and "one bite won't hurt". There are techniques you can use, I think it's Paul McKenna that teaches you to isolate that voice, give it an identity. Give it a ridiculous, silly identity, and when it starts telling you to eat, imagine it's talking in a really squeaky voice or with a funny accent. You will find it harder to listen to and take seriously, and soon the real you will take over and tell you what you already know! That is, don't eat it because you'll feel bad afterwards.
Whenever you can, think about how proud you will feel tomorrow, when you have stuck to the diet. Then the next day, do it again. Be proud of yourself! Then do it again, and again, and again. Feeling good about yourself is addictive! You will not want to lose that feeling.
Most of all, do not drag yourself down for having slipped up. Yes, you've come off the diet, and it may not be the first time, but how many people can actually say they've never done that? We're all dieting on here. I for one have dieted many, many times, then ended up bingeing and diet was ruined. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, you are only human and we all make mistakes, which are to be learnt from.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Saddlebag said:
Try this: when you get the urge to eat, clear your head of that voice inside saying "eat it". It is your inner critic- the voice that we have ALL heard, saying things like "what's the point? You'll never succeed" and "one bite won't hurt". There are techniques you can use, I think it's Paul McKenna that teaches you to isolate that voice, give it an identity. Give it a ridiculous, silly identity, and when it starts telling you to eat, imagine it's talking in a really squeaky voice or with a funny accent. You will find it harder to listen to and take seriously, and soon the real you will take over and tell you what you already know! That is, don't eat it because you'll feel bad afterwards.
Whenever you can, think about how proud you will feel tomorrow, when you have stuck to the diet. Then the next day, do it again. Be proud of yourself! Then do it again, and again, and again. Feeling good about yourself is addictive! You will not want to lose that feeling.
Most of all, do not drag yourself down for having slipped up. Yes, you've come off the diet, and it may not be the first time, but how many people can actually say they've never done that? We're all dieting on here. I for one have dieted many, many times, then ended up bingeing and diet was ruined. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, you are only human and we all make mistakes, which are to be learnt from.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Well said Saddlebag, I'd like the isolating the voice technique, I'll try it :)

Well said Saddlebag, I'd like the isolating the voice technique, I'll try it :)

My personal favourite is imagining an ex boyfriend who I reeeeeaaaaaallllllly dislike telling me to eat food.... Makes me get all cross and I refuse to listen!!
I hope people don't think I'm mad :D

I just ate a pork pie!!!! I'm on my second week!!! I've been 100% up until now! Why on earth did I do it!!! Am I going to be kicked out of ketosis now?!!

jussy805 said:
I just ate a pork pie!!!! I'm on my second week!!! I've been 100% up until now! Why on earth did I do it!!! Am I going to be kicked out of ketosis now?!!

I'd imagine so as the pork pie will surely contain lots of carbs in the pastry. I think after week 1 we can get a bit complacent( I know I can) just accept it happened but don't let it drag you into the ' I've messed it up might as well carry on' frame of mind. This will get you nowhere. Get back to your packs and carry on as normal. Keep your hands and mind busy today :)

Thanks sooooo much for the support!

Love the silly voice thing! I might get the Paul McKenna CD just s a boost.

Well still 100% :D

went to bed at 9pm after my 'crispy shake cookies' and cuppa as i get soooo snacky t night,

had 2 x 500ml waters and my milshake this morning,

going to have a bar for lunch.

wooo! feel better and less bloated all ready!! :)

Well done hun! Thats good going. The others have offered great advice. You CAN do this! x

I don't like the crispy cereal and have bought quite a few packs of it. Maybe I will prefer the cookies. How do I make them?

I don't like the crispy cereal and have bought quite a few packs of it. Maybe I will prefer the cookies. How do I make them?

I pour the packet into a bowl and add a small amount of water (like when u make icing, very small amount at a time as it can go too runny fast!) until its a cake batter consistancy,

i usually make 2 'milies cookies sized' ones by splitting the mix into 2 blobs and putting them on grease proof paper then use the back of a spoon to smooth them into cooki shapes.

cook in oven on the paper on a tray for about 8 min GM 5 and turn them over for another 2 mins the cook the underside or the can be a big soggy.

its more like a muffin than a cookie, but i don't like them at all as a shake but enjoy them like this with a cup of tea :)

Well done you!!! Doesn't it feel fab to have stuck to it? Keep going chick and your confidence will blossom!

I pour the packet into a bowl and add a small amount of water (like when u make icing, very small amount at a time as it can go too runny fast!) until its a cake batter consistancy,

i usually make 2 'milies cookies sized' ones by splitting the mix into 2 blobs and putting them on grease proof paper then use the back of a spoon to smooth them into cooki shapes.

cook in oven on the paper on a tray for about 8 min GM 5 and turn them over for another 2 mins the cook the underside or the can be a big soggy.

its more like a muffin than a cookie, but i don't like them at all as a shake but enjoy them like this with a cup of tea :)

Will after try this tomorrow, thanks! (love this site)

Back