Dancing on Ice

Yes I have to agree, really glad Donal got to the final & he did a really good job at the end, but in the end there really was a clear winner!!

Och you know me I always have to buck the trend lol I think the difference in Donal from the early weeks was incredible, that to me is more what the show is about than some one who was a 'dead cert' from week one.

Glad Donal got to do his Bolero though rather than Jess

I was working and when the night shift came on I asked them NOT to tell me who won...but one kind person decided to make a point of telling me...why do people have to spoil other peoples fun???? I will get her back one day when she wants me to stay stum....

Just watched it now and was so pleased at the result....Donal did come on in leaps and bounds but I could sit and watch Ray all night very entertaining...

Right what we watching next lol..xx

P/s you better all be into big brother in the summer or else I am taking my keyboard and joining another forum lol..

Och you know me I always have to buck the trend lol I think the difference in Donal from the early weeks was incredible, that to me is more what the show is about than some one who was a 'dead cert' from week one.

Glad Donal got to do his Bolero though rather than Jess
TOTALLY agree

Last nights was the first one I've watched:eek: Would have watch more of them had I realised Donal and Ray were in it. Have really liked Donal in other programmes and rays performances in anything always does something for me.

So pleased to see them in the final two.

If Donal made the best progress but didn't end up the best skater, then he deserves his 2nd prize :clap: But the best skater should win IMO.

I teach some excellent pianists, two of which are outstanding. It saddens me when people say "oh but they are just naturally talented". Yes, they are naturals, but if I added up everyone's practice time, these two put in double the amount of everyone else.

Award people for effort and progress, but it will be a sad day when people win the final prize based on that rather than being the 'best' at what they do.

Over the moon with the result....although I wouldn't have minded if Donal had won either. May even consider going to see the tour now!

BB next for me :D

If Donal made the best progress but didn't end up the best skater, then he deserves his 2nd prize :clap: But the best skater should win IMO.

That being the case they could have just given Ray the award on week one. DOI hasnt necessarily always been about the best skater. How can someone like Donal whos never set foot on the ice before really expect to compete on a level footing with people like Jess who have and Ray who despite his protests also seems to have..

Hes fortunate the photos in the paper of him skating back in 2006 didnt affect his votes. After him telling Philip Schofield on one of the first weeks that he hadnt really skated at all before. Not the image that came across in the photos that :confused:

I hope next years celebrities really are all total novices

I agree, DOI isn't like the X Factor, they are supposed to learn and improve not be good from the start. That's why Donal should have won, he worked hardest and improved the most

I think Ray's wire flying was magnificent...don't think he's had years of experience doing that :confused: although I'm sure someone will come along and assure me he has :D

I agree, DOI isn't like the X Factor, they are supposed to learn and improve not be good from the start.

Is it advertised like that though? Are them the rules :confused: I honestly don't know as I haven't been watching it until last night.

Or is it that they take a bunch of beginners and see who's best at the end? And even if Ray had been on the ice before...unless he's skated a fair amount and probably with lessons then he'd be a beginner.

Should he be penalized for being a natural?

My eldest lad would take ages to learn how to skate as he has poor coordination. My youngest looked like a pro within about 5 minutes on the ice. Was doing twirls and cartwheels. Everyone was convinced he'd spent hours in practice :rolleyes:

If it's on the most improved, maybe Ray did actually make the most improvement but in a quicker time frame.

So perhaps the rules could be first prize for people who make the most improvement...slower :D

he worked hardest and improved the most

Did he work harder? Evidence please :D The judges said there was so much fine detail in Ray's performance that most of us wouldn't notice. Maybe the improvement was the same as Donals, but on a higher level and with a technique that many of us mere motals wouldn't notice.

Really pleased Ray won, but was holding my breath because it was obvious that Dolan had a lot of (deserved) support too. It could have gone either way.

I don't know much about technical skating stuff but I know that I could have watched Ray skating for ever, he just makes me smile.:)

I was sad for Jessica who couldn't skate Bolero for her mum:(.

AJ

I think Ray's wire flying was magnificent...don't think he's had years of experience doing that :confused: although I'm sure someone will come along and assure me he has :D

No I dont think they will but I still stand by the fact that anyone with skating experience is going to be at a huge advantage. Rays early weeks were incredible while the others were still basic.

As Taz says its not like the X Factor

If we all liked the same things and agreed on everything what would we have to talk about??? It would be a very boring world...lol....cant wait till the next show xx

Back