Dancingqueen's Diary

Tonight my mum is cook chicken tonight with Chicken Tonight Sauce, Honey & Mustard, Low Fat, which is 19.5 syns for the jar. I'm wondering, between 5 people would it be around 4/5 syns each?

Yup. Was it nice ?

Gail x

It was lovely. I've always loved Chicken Tonight and it was nice to know I can still have it within plan. I had it with new potatoes and brocoli so only 5yns for the sauce.

I'm planning some things I'm cooking to cook myself. Tomorrow I'm going to try curried prawns with jacket potato and salad.

Later in the week I'm going to try a SW quiche and I'm going to try a reciepe with jelly and onken strawberry yogurt.

Next week, when I'm back at uni, I'm going to try a spicy cottage pie.

I'm feeling so much better... only thing I'm worried about is a planned meal out on Friday night. Going to Pizza Express, so need to look into the best thing to have.

:)

Definitely plan ahead. I think their menu's are online so you should be able to work out a compromise between what you want and what is best to have. I often make compromises by having the healthiest/most SW friendly thing that I would usually choose to have. eg I would never have a salad just because it's the 'best' thing but I would probably try and avoid the pizza's unless I really wanted one and thought it was worth all the syns.....

Have a great time though.

Gail x

They do the low calories pizzas with the salad in the middle and they're really good. Just looked those up which are 12.5 for half a pizza. I'll be honest and say I'd want all of it so I'm looking at 10 extra syns. I know the family will have a starter, which I like too but I'm fine not having a dessert.
I'm trying to be good the rest of the week and will be good over the weekend... although I'm not 100% on the saving up of syns - some say yes, some say no?

I have to say that when I go out for a meal I try to make the best choice of the things that I like but usually have pudding and a starter if everyone else is. I try to cut back on my syns on the days around it but not too much and if I can't manage the syns cutback then just take the day as a flexi day. The important thing about a flexi day is

(1) that what you eat is planned ie don't just go crazy and then call it a flexi day, decide what you're going to have and then stick to it
(2) you may not lose weight that week (although I mostly have anyway).

If you can cope by using your syns weekly, then do that because it's a bit better but if you will fall off the rails because you don't have syns in the days around it, then do it as a flexi day - much better in the longer term to staying on plan if you might go mad !

Enjoy.

Gail x

I haven't heard about flexi days...??
Having looked at the menu I'm not too worried. I could have the mozzarella and tomato salad for a starter, ask for it without the oil and the mozzarella could be by A choice. No wine or anything and it should be fine. I think it's better to plan it and plan something I like rather than be really restrictive becuase that is more likely to put me in a bad mood which would leave me to just go off the rails!!
Thanks for all the help and support :)

Are you doing this online or going to class ? There is information online about flexi days or your consultant can tell you. Or I'll try and post something about it tomorrow if I have chance.

Gail x

I'm going to classes, I'll have a look online for some info. I've not actually had a proper session yet because of the time I started, that will be next week.

I'm feeling soooo positive today! Just had dinner, am stuffed and it was so good and just 4 syns!

I wasn't good at all tonight. It was a lovely meal but feel like I've undone the work I've done with sticking so well to plan this week :(

Oh well, back on it tomorrow...

After a lovely meal and lovely evening last night i woke up regretting eating so much abc not being strict. I decided to go on my scales at home... 0.5lbs on :( I know my home scales will differ but was working towards a good loss on Monday and doesn't look like that will be happening.

But back on plan today and had a good day. Made my first SW quiche which was delicious and had lovely, very low syn, dinner.

I went out this evening and didnt touch the buffet or even have a piece of cake!! I still felt full from dinner and knew I could have some yummy quiche when I got in. So I'm feeling good about that, quite proud of myself. Going to be strict again tomorrow and hope the meal out hasn't done too much damage on Monday's WI.

I can do this!

Even if you do have a gain this week, the main thing is you'll know why. You had a good night out, it wont happen every week so dont worry too much.

Make sure you drink lots of water, I find when I have pizza I retain loads of water after. Not sure if there is quiet a high amount of sodium or if it its the dough?

You pulled it back tonight, you could have easily blown it thinking you'll eat the buffet and the cake "because I've gained anyway so I may as well carry on"! - but you didn't!

You may surprise yourself Monday. Dont look at your own scales, just go with the SW ones. Mine are always different from SW so I use them as a rough measure mid week but never get hung up on it or pay too much attention to it.

What was weird (but nice) is that I didn't want to hit the buffet. I think a big part of that was knowing I could have my syn free quiche when I got in.

I hope I do surprise myself tomorrow. Last week I was off plan pretty much all week, I ate loads and drank a lot but lost 1.5lbs which didn't make sense at all. Weeks really vary though so I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Thanks for your support :)

I stayed the same, disappointing but better than a gain after Friday nights meal. I came on last night so feel massive.

Just got back from the dentist. Had a tooth out, he couldn't do it all so got to go to the hospital... So not feeling great today :(

Feeling a lot better today... but a bit disappointed/discouraged. I needed a loss yesterday and didn't get it. I know the meal out on friday was my own fault. Arghh really trying hard for this so I hope this week is better.

Struggling to believe everything I had today is syn free (apart from the bottle of becks of course!!) I feel like I need to double check and check again that it was syn free... :confused:

Also went to the gym today, started a plan called Couch to 5K.

Hi Dancing Queen,

Stick with it. It will get better. You say that last week wasn't great in that you were off plan most of the week. Sometimes it takes a little while for that to catch up with us so this weeks STS may well have been the result of that rather than Friday night. It sounds like you are doing ok this week though considering the disappointment so well done you. And well done for going to the gym.

Also, I would recommend trying to use at least some of your syns (although it looks like you have with the Becks !) because they are what makes life more enjoyable and therefore the plan more sustainable.

Good luck for this week. Draw a line under last week. You have lost 7 lbs so far which is brilliant !

Gail x

I hadn't thought about the week before carrying over. That does make sense. I am using my syns, its difficult without!

Feeling a bit better today. Thanks for your support. I think I just need a good result to give me a boost and if I don't get it next WI I guess I'll have to talk to my leader.

I'm sticking to plan so fingers crossed :)

I hadn't thought about the week before carrying over. That does make sense. I am using my syns, its difficult without!

Feeling a bit better today. Thanks for your support. I think I just need a good result to give me a boost and if I don't get it next WI I guess I'll have to talk to my leader.

Back