Dancingqueen's Diary

Definitely need to stop hopping on the scales (says another scale hopper !!!). I have learnt over time that although my weight is mostly stable (morning weigh in) I have the occasional blip where it goes up for no reason. I have learnt to just ignore it and just watch it as a guide but only to take the weekly weight seriously. I learnt the hard way though by panicking about a gain on more than one occasion which didn't eventually happen.

Stick with it. Big hugs.

Gail x

I know you're right, hard to resist sometimes though!

As Monday gets closer and closer I'm worrying about my WI. I know it sounds silly and pathetic but I don't think I can cope with not having a loss this week...

I stayed the same, disappointing but better than a gain after Friday nights meal. I came on last night so feel massive.

Just got back from the dentist. Had a tooth out, he couldn't do it all so got to go to the hospital... So not feeling great today :(

Dont be disappointed - your STS is probably down to TOTM.

I always retain water the week before TOTM so rarely lose but it tends to show the week after.

Dont be disappointed - your STS is probably down to TOTM.

I always retain water the week before TOTM so rarely lose but it tends to show the week after.

Thanks. I hope that's what it was. I'm feeling a bit more positive about Monday WI in this week because I've been on plan almost 100% this week. I'm even resisitng a glass of red tonight!

I know you're right, hard to resist sometimes though!

As Monday gets closer and closer I'm worrying about my WI. I know it sounds silly and pathetic but I don't think I can cope with not having a loss this week...

I understand that but you absolutely have to learn to ignore the mid week weigh ins (both good and bad) if you're going to continue. Otherwise, you know what to do.......................!!!

It doesn't sound pathetic at all (because we all understand how you feel) but you WILL cope with if you don't have a loss this week (because you have done brilliantly so far - definitely can't waste all that effort)

Well done for keeping to your syns and resisting the wine. Fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Gail x

I understand that but you absolutely have to learn to ignore the mid week weigh ins (both good and bad) if you're going to continue. Otherwise, you know what to do.......................!!!

It doesn't sound pathetic at all (because we all understand how you feel) but you WILL cope with if you don't have a loss this week (because you have done brilliantly so far - definitely can't waste all that effort)

Well done for keeping to your syns and resisting the wine. Fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Gail x

Thanks Gail x
Swapped the wine for some SW quicher and a yogurt :) Now just to get rid of the pain in my tooth and I'll be grand!

YAY ! Well done. I'm so pleased for you.

Definitely on the way to that bikini body.......:)

Gail x

YAY ! Well done. I'm so pleased for you.

Definitely on the way to that bikini body.......:)

Gail x

Thank you Gail, I was really pleased to have lost. At group I felt a bit disappointed because so many people had lost 4 or 5lbs in a week, which I would really like. It never bothered me when I was doing WW and I always aimed for 1-2lbs a week.

Got a long way to go for the bikini body but making progress! I've had too really good days and hope the rest of the week continues to be good :)

I lost 2.5lbs this week and got my half stone award. I'm really happy :) It was like being back at school getting a certificate!! This is the lightest weight I've been in years too. I had my first "have you lost weight?"comment at the weekend, which was nice. :)

So all in all feeling happy and positive. Bring on this week! :)

Well done well done well done! 2.5lb is excellent! x

So pleased for you Sarah. That's great steady weight loss.

Well done.

Gail x

Thanks Gail, as much as I would like to I've accepted I'm not going to get the 4 or 5 lb losses that some people do a week. I'm happy with 2 a week :)

Sticking to plan very well this week. I've had more syns in the last couple of days.,. It's definitely a mental thing for me because I feel guilty for eating certain things even though I know they are within my syns!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's my WI in tomorrow, feeling quite nervous about it...

I fell off the wagon a little bit on Friday night. I had a Chinese take away but I did try and be good - I had boiled rice, plain noodles, chicken with mushrooms and beef with ginger/spring onions. So now I feel like I need to justify it... I was feeling awful. I woke up with a migraine after a week of stressing over my uni work, I got a terrible grade back on an essay and I was going on a night shift with nothing in the house I really wanted to eat so I joined my brother in a takeaway. Does that really make me a bad person!?! lol

I've been sticking to plan during the week, just wish I'd got more exercise done but my days have been so busy and I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping so I just didn't have the energy to go to the gym. I'm hoping to change that this week.

I took a slighlty different approach with my eating this week. I tried my first green day, which was fine. And I've been using cheese on most days as my HEX A. I read that if you're not using all the milk of your A choice then you should be synning it. I wasn't sure if I was so thought I'd try using cheese. I know I will use all of that and it's nice for me cause I adore cheese! I still keep thinking how can I eat all these cheese and lose weight - another mental block I'm having! I suppose tomorrow will tell if I've lost!! I've also used more syns each day. Again we'll see how that goes! Also I feel like I've been lazy with my food in the last week with having jacket spuds all the time but it's so easy for me with being and student and having 3 jobs. I do always have my 1/3 superfree with them as a nice salad. This coming week I am going to make a quiche, rice pudding, the syn free pancakes and try a chocolate cake I saw on the reciepe forum. Been having real chocolate cravings so hopefully that will do the trick!

Anyway, we'll see how tomorrow morning goes... :)

Last edited:
Hope your WI today goes ok. A take away is fine as long as it's in moderation (ie not every night !) and synned. It sounds like you've done fine. I eat out plenty (see my thread !!!) and I seem to be managing it ok.

Just look back at your progress. I think you're doing just great. This isn't a race and you have shown that you have the determination and commitment to get there so I'm sure you will.

Fingers crossed and let us know how you get on today.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Hope your WI today goes ok. A take away is fine as long as it's in moderation (ie not every night !) and synned. It sounds like you've done fine. I eat out plenty (see my thread !!!) and I seem to be managing it ok.

Just look back at your progress. I think you're doing just great. This isn't a race and you have shown that you have the determination and commitment to get there so I'm sure you will.

Fingers crossed and let us know how you get on today.

Gail x

Thanks Gail.

Well I lost just 0.5lbs. Better than nothing. Slow and steady is what my leader said, which is fine but I would like it a bit faster!

This week in determined to increase my superfree and hit the gym.

I ate out today and made a sensible choice (apart from the chocolate cheesecake!!) and I have a night out on Friday so we'll see how the week goes...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That sounds like a good day. It's what I tend to do when I eat out - try to stick to SW friendly stuff (that I like) and have the pudding if I want. Stay with it for the rest of the week and stick to plan and you should be fine. Try and keep counting though because it helps to keep you in control.

Good luck and hope you have a lovely time out on Friday.

Gail x

P.S. Well done on your 0.5lbs. It's all going in the right direction !

Gail x

Back