Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Got my cousins funeral today. I'm hoping I won't be eating anything afterwards. It's going to be an odd time for food anyway. the funeral is at 1030. Mind you I suppose being a burial it could go on until almost lunch time. I've only been to one burial, the rest were cremations, so I don't know how long they last. I really don't want to have to stay too long afterwards. Sounds callous, but in order to go to the funeral, I've rearranged work until tomorrow which means I can't go shopping tomorrow. I've also got Danny working from home so he can do the 6 miles of walking to get the kids to and from school and nursery. But I've still got to work tonight and I've still got things to do here. Plus I don't see funerals as a nice social get together. I generally can't wait until they're over. Our average at the moment for the last few years is one funeral a year. This one is only the second member of my generation to die.

The funeral was nasty. Too many memories of Mum dying. It was very sad seeing Mark's two eldest daughters there at the funeral too. They aren't even teenagers yet. We were told it wasn't going to be a long service, but it took an hour. Then we drove for ages to get to the cemetery, that bit didn't take too long, except we had to try and avoid the resident loony woman who apparently tries to cash in on any funeral and was loitering towards the grave. Then we were back to the house for food. There's some tension in various parts of my family anyway at the moment and frankly I couldn't wait to get out of there. There are members of the family who only stand in the same room as others if there is a funeral, so it had that added tension.

I got Dad to drop me at the shops afterwards, where I got a coffee and sat for a bit before I did my banking, and got some shopping and walked home.

Kids are back now, gotta go and do dinner.

OK feeling much better now. No ill effects weight wise from the 'sod it' bit of funeral cake yesterday. So that's fine.

Still very tired. But that's to be expected at the end of the week. Especially the end of my weeks - they are jam packed with things.

Going away for the weekend. I even know who I've got to text while I'm away to make sure they're OK on their first few days, so that bits prepared.

I honestly don't know if I'm ever going to get my weight under what it is at the moment. I seem to have stuck. It's my own fault. In order for me to lose weight on 790kcal, I have to be perfect every day. Then I can lose 2lbs a week, but if I eat something I shouldn't, I stay the same.

But I've had two nights of not eating cheese. So that is a major step forward. I am convinced however that the only reason I haven't eaten the cheese is because I've fallen asleep on the sofa before I've had a chance to get the cheese out of the fridge. :sigh:

I see you're a fellow 'cheese addict', lol! Why is it everytime I go to fridge it's there, beckoning? Hope you don't gain after the 'naughties' at the week-end, it's SO hard when you're surrounded by people EATING!xxxxx
xxxxsharon
ps I hope I'm ok to post on here? if not, let me know!

I see you're a fellow 'cheese addict', lol! Why is it everytime I go to fridge it's there, beckoning? Hope you don't gain after the 'naughties' at the week-end, it's SO hard when you're surrounded by people EATING!xxxxx
xxxxsharon
ps I hope I'm ok to post on here? if not, let me know!

You post away mate. Makes me feel cared for LOL.

Oooh I put on about 7lbs at the weekend.

I then lost it all by Wednesday. And now ooh ooh I've got to update my ticker. Because I'm now a healthy weight. AT LAST. (Too much faffing.)

But cheese wise, I'm buying smaller pieces now because then there's not enough to go round. And believe me when I say I can eat a slab in one sitting.

And now that I've cracked the BMI 25 thing (only just but who cares) it's given me the (will to live) incentive to carry on.

Check out my ticker. I haven't been this good for ages (well before my Mum died - so that's a good enough excuse.)

Go me go me go me.

Back in the smug zone.

Now back to the quest for Chinese Takeaway Weight (which is about something like half a stone.)

Oddly I still have a healthy BMI. Wasn't just a fluke then. I hope to get through the weekend having lost a bit more too. I'm beginning to get into the 'there's no stopping me now mode.' I just wish it hadn't taken a year to get there.

OK, so what happened was this.

16 years ago I started CD for the first time on a bank holiday Monday in May.

Over last weekend in amongst the packet of biscuits and everything else that I ate I suddenly thought wouldn't it be good if I started my last bout of losing weight to target on a different bank holiday in May. (Can't remember which bank holiday it was, 16 years ago, but the first one would do.)

Also there is a family BBQ on June 10th this year at my Dad's house and a lot of people will be there. Most of my family know what I do for a living and most of them have seen me lose the weight in the first place, balloon with pregnancies and lose the weight again. I want to be at the 'has lost the weight again after pregnancy stage by then.' I will probably end up half a stone to a stone heavier than I was when I got married because back then I hadn't had liposuction, and I'd only been through one pregnancy, and the liposuction seems to have made a difference in shape of about a stone. But we'll see.

I think I'd be happy to lose 10lbs and get down to 63.5kg/10st/BMI 23.3 over in the next 30 days before the BBQ. But I'd be over the moon if I managed to get the whole stone off in that time and get to 61.7kg/9st 10lbs/BMI 22.6.

I'm sure all of my clothes would fit me by then and if they didn't I'll probably get rid of them.

So that's my aim, now that I can finally feel I can do the last bit.

Good luck im sure you can and will do it.....! you have done really well, how long has it taken you to lose 88.1lbs ???????

Thank you. I will do it. I always do, it's just a matter of how quickly I do it.

I actually lost the 6 stones in the first half of 2004 in six months, but took a year out last year after my Mum died and after I had liposuction in June last year. Fluctuated a bit during that year, and it's taken me this long to remove finger from orifice and get moving again.

I will be at a stupidly low BMI for my holiday in August. (Then I'll probably need all kinds of tucks and skin removed.)

Saturday 12th May

OK, it was hard last night because I wasn't working. I was also wide awake. So I had a pint of hot water while I was in the bath last night plus my breakfast. Then in the early evening I had my lunch and dinner. And a pint of tea. Then I had about half a dozen sugar free toffees, not ideal, but better than cheese - just. Then I had half a pint of Pepsi Max.

Anyway, lost another pound.

I'm now 67.5kg or 10st 9lbs or BMI 24.8.
I have lost 40.5kg or 6st 5lbs or 14.8 off my BMI

I'm also wearing a pair of trousers I bought months ago, maybe last year, and I've only just managed to get into them. Size 12. But a size 12 with no give in the fabric.

So although I want to lose as much as possible as quickly as possible, if I did 9lbs by June 10th, that would be excellent. But I really hope I can get under 10st. That would be a major breakthrough for me.

Chugging along. At last.

Monday 14th May

I'm really cold today. Mind you I'm sitting here in a tee shirt. Probably why.

Going well diet wise. Still would be happy to just lose 9 ish pounds before June 10th. So even if I lost at a rate of 2lbs a week, I think I should manage it.

Weight loss came to a stand still at the weekend. That may be due to the fact that I rest at the weekend rather than run around like a loony getting everything done that I normally do, including the 5 miles a day walk that I have to do during the week.

Speaking of which, got about 15 minutes before I should leave the house for the next mile.

And it's STILL raining outside. :mad:

Weight loss came to a stand still at the weekend. That may be due to the fact that I rest at the weekend rather than run around like a loony getting everything done that I normally do, including the 5 miles a day walk that I have to do during the week.

Now THAT'S dedication to a cause!! ;)

Yep I really am getting there. My goal is now to lose another 7.5lbs by June 10th to take me to 10st BMI 23.3. But if course I'd love to lose a lot more than that.

I think if I remember rightly the lowest I can go is 9st 7lbs BMI 22 anything below that there isn't enough flesh on my back which means that when I go to my yoga class, it hurts to lie down and do the floor exercises because my spine digs in the floor, even with a yoga mat underneath me.

Hmmm. There's always something to complain about. :rolleyes:

Back