Dani's herbalife diary

Missdanih

Hi all,

i am new here but wanted to introduce myself and start a diary to keep myself on track. I'm Dani, I'm 27 and a teacher. I trained as a dancer until I was 22 and so was always very tiny and never had to worry about what I ate, but over the years I have ballooned up - at my heaviest I was over 11st. Managed to to lose some a few years ago on slimming world and settled at 9st7lbs for a while but piled it back on and now I'm 10st7lbs. I have chosen herbalife coz my friend became a distributor and raves about it, and coz everyone says how healthy and energised they feel on it. A few months ago I moved in with my partner but have a long commute to work now and as I'm a teacher I often have work to do when I'm home too, I wanted a diet that was easy to follow and didn't involve too much prepping. Anyway! That's me! I am starting my herbalife journey tomorrow and would ideally like to lose a stone in 2 months ready for my 2 holidays this summer. I will also be following Gillian michaels 30 day shred DVD. I will complete my diary as often as I can - wish me luck! Here goes nothing! Hope I'm not too hungry tomorrow :-(

D x

Welcome :) Good luck on your Herbalife journey. What tablets are you taking and did you get the drink and snacks just in case you get hungry? Even if the day doesn't go well, don't give up, log in and rant :) Good luck on the Shred as well, I did two weeks of it - it was great but TOTM came and I gave up lol Must try it again some time.

I have had a great day. :) missashley- I got the herbalife vitamins and herb/firbre tablets, the shrink drink tea and 2 shake flavours. Here is what I have had today:
breakfast - tropical shake made with half oj and half milk and a few frozen raspberries. It was delicious.
Snacks - banana and melon
lunch - choc shake with half choc soya milk and half milk and a tbsp strawb yoghurt. I had to shake this in the shaker and it didn't all dissolve. It was only ok. I couldn't finish it though as the bottom was gross!
snacks- danio yoghurt (these are SO GOOD!!! High protein and only 125 calories. Really thick and creamy!)
dinner - chicken and veg fajitas with whole meal wrap.
Also had lots of water and 4 cups shrink drinks.

I feel really energised. Never quite full but satisfied. I enjoyed it :) I also did level 1 of 30 day shred which was HARD!!! Haha. Tired from that now. So far so good :)
D x

Sounds like a good meal plan! I've started putting protein powder in mine :)
So far had vanilla, strawberry, tropical, cookies and cream and toffee apple varieties.
Not a fan of chocolate

Oh wow, it sounds like you had a very good day :) Interesting shake combos, I'll def have to try your breakfast one. Mixing oj and milk? Wouldn't have even thought of doing that! I suppose the yogurt in your second shake was the problem why it didn't mix properly. Sounds like would have been nice without even.
I LOVE those Danio yogurts too, so yum!
Keep up the good work :)

So yesterday I was super busy getting ready for the bfs bday today! But I swapped my shakes from Monday so had choc in the blender which mixed much better and then had tropical for lunch which blends fine in the shaker. Snacks were banana, carrot sticks and a danio yoghurt. Dinner was chilli with whole grain rice.

Today was bfs bday and so we had a Chinese, but I had very small portions and a thin slither of the red velvet cake I made him. But I figure this is a lifestyle change and it just a diet and therefore I should be allowed treats. I definitely had WAY less than normal!

Todays shakes were choco and raspberries in blender for breakfast then tropical for lunch, snacked on pineapple chunks and that was it as tried to save calories for dinner. Surprisingly though I didn't feel hungry. I also did level one of 30 day shred.

I found myself having a headache today. The interesting thing was that it wasn't too bad (like my body was coping with it) until I had a cup of normal tea - my first cup in 3 days. Then it was unbearable! Signing off for tonight now, trying not to feel bad about the Chinese and cake!!!

Well done for not going crazy on the Chinese and the cake, I'd be all over the cake lol Don't feel bad, it was a treat so feel good that you didn't go overboard, draw a line and carry on :)

Do you blend your shakes in the blender even if it's just powder and milk? I must remember to buy those Danio yogurts tomorrow. Can't keep snacking on completely illegal food!

Your headache is probably linked to caffeine. I asked my coach about this, she said they don't tell people not to have tea or coffee cos if they feel ill (withdrawal symptoms), they blame it on the Herbalife products, rather than the tea or coffee. If you take sugar in your tea, it might be worse.

Yep I always blend in the blender in the morning because it makes the shakes thicker and creamier I find.

So, I stupidly have weighed myself everyday during this week and am a bit peed off - I started on Monday weighing at 10st 6.6lbs. I weighed tues at 10st 5.2lbs. I have stayed at that for the last 2 days. Why am I not losinng?!?!

Ashley, what is your general routine each day with herbalife?

Hmm are you taking measurements? You mentioned you're exercising as well, that might not help with the actual "loss" but you might find you've lost in inches. Don't feel down about it, you feel better and more energised no? Maybe you just need to give your body time to catch up with the change in your eating habits. It's probably wondering what the hell is going on lol Having said that, I find that if I have as much as fruit as you do in a day, my weight loss stalls and I get massive cravings for sweet things so I try and keep the fruit intake down a bit but everyone is different.

My general routine would be a simple shake with F1 and F3 with semi skimmed or soy milk in the shaker as soon as I get into work (I have tubs of F1 and F3 and a spare shaker at work) and if I have time in the mornings I blend one to take into work for lunch. That usually has more than just powder and liquid in it, ie fruit or veg. So normal meal can either be lunch at work or dinner at home. However I have been snacking on sweets, crisps, chocolate and donuts(!!!) cos they're just there at work. Bad I know but I've cut down on it and I'm trying to snack on only high protein stuff like the Herbalife soy beans or protein bars or boiled eggs. The one normal meal usually consists of some sort of meat, veg with rice and sometimes it's noodles. (I need to cut out the carbs) I usually have about 1 litre of shrink drink plus green tea, early grey or black coffee during the day.

I'm a serial weigher too and I've been around the same weight for the last couple of days too but I try to think and feel what my body feels like rather than relying completely on the numbers the scales show. For instance, I don't feel bloated anymore and my hands and face feel less puffy so that's all good. We shouldn't weigh everyday really cos if the scales show it's gone down even slightly, we relax a bit with the food and then it goes up the next day or so. And if the scales show it's gone up, we get frustrated. Not good for mental health lol

Do you tend to be better during the week or over the weekend? I'm better during the week so coach suggested I weigh on Friday mornings. If I was better over weekends, I'd weigh on Monday mornings. Also I measure chest, waist, belly, hips, upper arms and thighs. In so many cases I have lost in measurement but not so much in kgs, you'd be surprised.

Hmmm that's interesting about the fruit, maybe il try not to have so much. Maybe il stick to carrot sticks and yogurts or something. Yes I am measuring too but haven't measured since the weekend. I'm much better during the week but I'm also pretty good on a Sunday so my weigh in is generally a Monday but I might change it to tues now you've said that. I know I shouldn't expect miracles but I was a little disheartened. When you spend so much money on these things you expect results! Espesh if you're following it properly.

Well my coach said fruit is high in sugar so you should limit your intake if you find it slows you down and that was my case. The products themselves work, they make you feel better and they help you lose weight but I think it's what else you have that matters as well. It's only your first week so don't get too stressed about it. Usually the second week on any diet doesn't show much either so bear that in mind and don't pack it in too soon. You've got the shakes to finish so at least stick with it until you finish them. It won't be too late to decide then if this works for you or not.

I assume your friend worked out your recommended water and protein amount for you? Are you sticking to those? I don't pay much attention to the BMR but if you can, you should stick to that too. Your friend would have worked it out for you as well.

You're doing great so keep going :)

She calculated my body fat and metabolic rate etc but didn't tell me how much protein I need? She told me to drink 2ltrs of water plus.
I just input my days food and exercise into my fitness pal app and it says I'm 400 calls under the 1200!!! That's crzy. I don't feel hungry at all it's weird. Feels like I'm doing it wrong!

Water: you can calculate by multiplying your weight by 0.036. For instance if you're 70kg x 0.035 = 2.45litres.

Your friend should have a protein calculator? Based on what comes out of it, you may need to up your protein intake by, for example adding F3 in your shakes like I do. I don't know what your height is but I think mine worked out to be 82g a day. The way I make my shakes x2 + one protein bar would make about 45-50g so I would need to get the rest from somewhere else. Hope that makes sense?

If you're not feeling hungry maybe your body has gone into ketosis, that's when the fat burning happens :) (me = ex high protein dieter)

No she didn't do that so will ask her about it. Ordered the choc peanut protein bars today after trying one. They are yummy!
yesterday wasn't great coz it was my bf and I anniversary, he took me out for dinner. Here's my day:
B - choc orange shake (added a tsp of orange essence)
S - protein bar
L - tropical shake
D - bruschetta to start, salmon fillet with lemon and salad for main, frozen yoghurt with cherry compote for pud. I also had a large glass of wine.

I worked out roughly that I went 300 calls over my 1200 daily intake but tried to choose the best options on the menu.

Also did level 1 of 30 day shred. X

Sounds like you've made good choices on the dinner :)

Hi Dani

Well done! I'm not sure I'd be up to doing the shred exercise even without the diet nowadays! God I miss being fit, ah well that's why I'm here!

How's it been today?

Soo my weekend was a bit of write off - my mum was down so we went for lunch.
Saturday:
B: Choc orange shake
L: La Tasca Tapas (I didn;t eat THAT much though, but there was sangria)
D: Snacked on vege sticks and salsa and some vegetable crisps as wasn't hungry

Sunday (First day home doing the diet and found it difficult being around other half eatiing :( )
B: Choc orange shake
L: Crackerbread with philadelphia light and salad, chicken strips
D: Sweet and sour chicken and veg (homemade) with egg noodles
S: Half danio yoghurt with crushed up meringe (only 110 cals!)

Back on the wagon today thoough. Even when eating normally I've tried to make good choices. Also bought some handweights for my shred DVD. :)

So today has been a good day. I haven't measured yet, may do it tomorrow morning. But my trousers feel baggy around my hips and bum!!! I'm such a pessimist though I think they must have stretched! Here's what I've had today:
B: choc orange shake
S: banana
L: tropical shake
S: danio yofhurt, 1 string cheese
D: salmon fillet with light cream cheese on top, new pots and salad with a little balsamic.

Also did my 5th day of level 1 30 day shred! Wish me luck with my weigh in!

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it's you, not your trousers that have changed ;)

Good luck! It'll be you that's shrunk! You can only stretch them and fill them not stretch and have space... If that makes sense!:)

Back