Danni's Weight Loss Diary

Not sure what any of my doctors will say- but it's the 2 hours travelling each way on top of the lessons that mean it's really not a good idea, as to stay stable I was spending 20 hours a day in bed, and I have to be out for at least 6 hours every college day. Sitting up makes me ill- I know this, and have done for a while.

At the start of last (college) year I was still able to walk short distances, the pain wasn't anywhere near as bad, I was only in bed to sleep on a night time, sitting up was resting, and I was a lot better cognitively as well. Going to college helped get me to this low level.

I will speak to my tutor though.

Danni,
It will be a shame if you can't continue with your college course, but at the end of the day, looking after yourself is far more important xxxx

Thanks Lynne. It's only been stubbornness that's kept me there so long.

About to sleep, so I'm going to record my tea.

Butternut squash chips, tuna steak, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, followed by a swirly whirly (9.5 syns).

Told lecturer that college is making me ill. She is wanting me to continue the course, so my tutor is looking into distance learning, or failing that, I can teach myself and my lecturer will enter me into the exams.

Been really sick and nauseous today, so my lunch turned into tea, and that was about it :p

Food:

Ham salad, 3 Babybel light (Healthy A), 2 Alpen Lights, fruit salad, frozen grapes, mini Twister (2.5 syns)

Weighed in this morning and have lost 2.5lbs :D I am happy with that. Was honest about it mostly being illness though.

Morning group is friendly, so I think I'm swapping to that.

At some point today I should really think about having something to eat other than 4 sugar free polos (0.5syns). Nausea is still bad, though.

Well done on your 2.5lb loss, despite you saying that it is partly down to illness x

I'm glad that you have sorted out an alternative for college, as it would have been a shame if you had to leave it there all together.

well done on the loss sweetie :D I know not been well but some of it will be your hard work

Glad they are sorting something out for your course for you as its good you have something like that and you do seem to enjoy it :)

Hope you are soon feeling much better :bighug: could you nibble on a dry biscuit. or toast? something simple as nausea can often be worse when hungry xxxxxxx

Dare I say it, I agree with both Jackie and Tilly about having a little to eat - I just laughed aloud then, and for some strange reason thought of the Witches of Eastwick:8855::8855:

Thank you all :) And Jackie, I think it's a compliment :)

Problem with my nausea is that eating normally makes it worse, though I did eat when it eased off a bit (I just needed to lie down for a bit I think).

Had bacon, eggs and loads of mushrooms for my lunch. Also have had an apple, 2 clementines, 2 Alpen Light bars (healthy B) and some frozen grapes.

Treating myself to a special chow mein tonight (about 9 syns, and I can never finish it).

I am running out of anti sickness tablets, and my doctor's appointment isn't until next week (he's on holiday). Eek.

Dare I say it, I agree with both Jackie and Tilly about having a little to eat - I just laughed aloud then, and for some strange reason thought of the Witches of Eastwick:8855::8855:

not sure Danni do you reckon that was a compliment that they agree with me :eek: I've been called many things before but a witch :eek: :8855:

Hubble bubble toil and trouble :8855:

I think I'd make a good witch :)

Thank you all :) And Jackie, I think it's a compliment :)

Definately a compliment!...weren't they all slim and glam?;)

Hello all :)

I'm suffering payback from Monday, so am in bed watching Fantasia for the first time. Also sucking on sugar free Polos (4 syns) as I only have 3 anti sickness tablets left to last me until I see my doctor on Tuesday. I really don't want to be sick today.

Trying to get back into normal eating habits, even while ill, so had bananas and Muller Light for breakfast, and a chicken, mushroom and cheese (healthy A) omelette for lunch.

I am reading diaries, it's just hard for me to remember what I want to say when I mean to reply (and I'm using the mobile app so I can't see it while typing). I'll try, but I don't want anyone to think I'm forgetting them.

I have Icelandic carer for my bath tonight, and I'm hoping she'll do my hair nice, as she can do French plaits, which are both pretty and practical when you spend a lot of time in bed :) She's also one of the carers who talks to me like I'm a normal person, rather than in a patronising way. It also means Johan gets a short break, as he doesn't have to make sure she's not upsetting me.

I was hoping to go into college tomorrow as the home learning thing isn't sorted yet, but with the way I'm feeling today that's probably not a good idea :p Maybe I can look through the textbook instead, and try and do some programming.

Thanks. If I wanted a repeat prescription I wouldn't get it until Monday anyway, and Johan is terrified of calling/visiting the doctors (he gets very anxious even taking me) so that's not really an option.

Icelandic carer did do my hair nice :) Also had a long chat about various things. I discovered she is a qualified nail technician and ear piercer :)

Felt better after my bath, so went on my computer and raided in World of Warcraft, which I've not been able to do for a while. Got two bosses down, one of them a guild first, so that was good.

I was planning on going to sleep early, but something in the news is keeping me up (I can't sleep until I know what is happening to Troy Davis). I've been trying not to think about it the last few days as emotional stuff makes me more ill, but I can't sleep knowing that someone may be killed for something they probably didn't do.

Tea today wasn't a proper meal, as we were both raiding. I had 2 Alpen Lights (healthy B), an apple, a banana, 2 clementines and a mini Twister (2.5 syns). That takes today's syns to 6.5.

Hopefully the supreme court will rule soon, and then I'll be able to go to sleep. He was meant to be executed at midnight our time, but it's been delayed while the supreme court look at it again.

Urg. Turns out the quickest way to get very ill is to force myself to go upstairs to wake up Johan, as the phone was going multiple times and he wasn't downstairs by 10am.

After going back to sleep (after resting on various floors, before Johan lifted me back into bed) didn't wake up until 3.30pm. Not been out of bed since, apart from falling out of it once.

Food today has been okay. Chicken stirfry for tea, with thai rice (free) and peking lemon sauce (4 syns for half a packet). Also had grapes, 2 alpen light bars (healthy B), 3 Babybel light (healthy A), a mini Twister (2.5 syns) and a packet of sugar free Polos (4 syns). Total syns = 10.5

Will be sleeping again soon. Hope I'm not this ill for too long, though my neck muscles are currently spasming.

Back