Dark clouds....

I'm on day 7 and although I'm really chuffed with the weight I have dropped already in that short space of time, this morning I woke up and felt really miserable about everything (not just food).

Has anyone else had this or am I just a miserable cow who needs more sleep and/or caffeine!!! :)

I'm on day 22 & whilst it's definitely easier the linger you go on, I feel miserable & annoyed today. I want to eat, it's not fair, how can I do this til June etc. Bad days still happen sadly. Hope you feel better soon.

There must be something in the air.
I am also having a listless/blue day. Not wanting to break the diet (and won't) but a nice restaurant and a few glasses of wine would definatly cheer me up.
I'm a returner and remember these days. The strength to get through them without cracking makes you wake up the next with a massive sense of achievement, so keep going.
I'm off out for the afternoon to cheer myself up. Doing what??? anything ... tomorrow will be a new day.

I'm so glad i'm not the only one!! My willpower is still going strong, which is a good thing (although i'm sure a cheese and pickle baguette with crisps will improve my mood!!!)

Trouble is, it'd only improve your mood for about 10 minutes...

Hope your :badmood: has turned to this now :character00238:

:bighug:

I'm on day 7 and although I'm really chuffed with the weight I have dropped already in that short space of time, this morning I woke up and felt really miserable about everything (not just food).

Has anyone else had this or am I just a miserable cow who needs more sleep and/or caffeine!!! :)

Bless you!

Most of us have 'down' days even when we are eating whatever we like. Often the fact that we are not 'dieting' contributes to that 'down' feeling. Sometimes we have down days for no apparent reason - whether hormonal or just 'the way we are'.

I think we go into withdrawal from carbs in particular when we first VLCD. We miss the taste and texture of carby stuff AND we miss the particular foods we personally relied on to cheer us up, to relieve boredom, or to give us a temporary 'lift'. So we need to allow our bodies to withdraw from those foods and from our habitual reliance on them. This includes, of course, dependence on caffeine and caffeine withdrawal.

Hang on in there! This, too, shall pass x

So true Lily, whenever I have given in to temptation the good feeling is fleeting and I ALWAYS regret it.

I have discovered I used food to fix every emotion. Esp if someone upset me where as now I am feeling those emotions and actually dealing with them. 4 me that is fantastic. Yes I do still look at food, and smell food and remember how wonderful it is but just keep thinking its only for a few more months not for ever. It empowers us ladys, I have never felt so in control and its all thanks to Cambridge plan. X

When you get these hunger/miserable feelings, do something to distract yourself. I tend to have 2 hour baths whenever i get hungry lol.. and i used to get in the routine of treating myself each week after my weigh ins to bath bombs, candles etc.. all nice things to enjoy rather than food!

Candle bath sounds good to me, I look at summer dresses a few sizes smaller.

Back