Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Great news!! Not only did my legs actually hold out for a half hour jog (I had my doubts throughout it, just didn't want to jog lol), I ALSO did a half hour free step too ... which means ... come on, you must have sussed it ... YES ... the Wii fit board allowed me on it!! WooHoo!!

I have finally gotten under the maximum weight allowed on the board! OK, I know it's not been long really but it felt like forever, and knowing I had that fantastic piece of kit there which could help me on my mission but not being able to use it was awful.

Happy Days :D :D :D

Oh, and I have also updated my signature, which I think looks ok now. Looking forward to getting some weight loss awards to stick on there!

Well done on getting onto the wii fit, i dont find their scales terribly reliable, i'm assuming you use normal scales too. i havent used mine far ages- i suspect when i turn it on its gonna say some thing like "where the F hade you been ?" or " i thought you had died!" guess i should do it soon.

Anything exciting planned for the weekend ? just domestic bliss (?) for us, maybe going to in laws tomorrow which will be interesting, my first visit there since starting SW, i think her food maybe more SW friendly but we'll have to see.

You hardboiled egg and savoury rice sounds good, have bougth some to try ( asda are also doing 4 packs for £1),so there you go you have inspired me!!

Whatever you do have a great day

[QUOTE=

weekend treats here too, takeaway and wine-just not sure to go indian or chinese!! I have just worked out that half a bottle of wine is 4.5 synsyou cant say fairer than that!![/QUOTE]

Sorry hun, half a bottle of wine is 13-15 syns!! I use my syns for this at weekends and have to be as good as poss with the food, I tend to have more syns at weekends and about 5 a day during the week to balance it out.

Enjoy the takeaway.

I don't use the Wii fit to weigh me, although it does give a weight/BMI reading when you do the body test - but I ignore it.

I weigh in quite regularly on my home scales in the morning, I just like to see if I have lost anything - I actually told my friend NOT to do just that as a STS or put on reading seemed to affect her focus and upset her, but if you find it helps then why not do it?

The only weigh in that counts though for real is my Tuesday evening WI at the meeting :)

I'm not sure what my weekend has in store, other than I'm not working (until Wednesday afternoon, nice!). We have our niece to stay with us until tomorrow so no chance of a peaceful lazy weekend! Plans seem to be afoot to take them to the ball pool climbing type place this morning, back for lunch, then out for a bike ride in the park this afternoon. Then dinner, then get them all off to bed ASAP :rotflmao:.

I enjoy the savoury rice and boiled egg lunches as they are very filling, extremely practical for taking to work in a lunchbox, nice and tasty, and of course FREE of syns. Last time I had it I mixed in a bit of Schwartz season-all herbs just to jazz it up a little! Could do the same with worcester sauce, or anything really - although it is great just as it is anyway!

Have a great weekend :D:cool::D

Oh, I've just realised I have finished 7 full days on SW now and am 100% throughout, :happy036:

[QUOTE=

weekend treats here too, takeaway and wine-just not sure to go indian or chinese!! I have just worked out that half a bottle of wine is 4.5 synsyou cant say fairer than that!!

Sorry hun, half a bottle of wine is 13-15 syns!! I use my syns for this at weekends and have to be as good as poss with the food, I tend to have more syns at weekends and about 5 a day during the week to balance it out.

Enjoy the takeaway.[/QUOTE]

Fool that i am had looked at the figs for alcohol free wine (what is the point of that then?) thanks for putting me right as that could have lead to disaster

I really do feel for anyone who enjoys a drinky or two, as it must be hard to do it 'officially' and not go over your syns.

I don't really drink except on very extreme occassions, so I don't need to allow any syns for alcohol. Given that I only drink water / squash with no added sugar / Pepsi Max (I'm an addict lol) or tea (milk from my HEa/HEb and Splenda in place of sugar) I don't actually need to use any syns on drink at all!!

I guess you need to be more organised, maybe put aside some of your syns from each day to have at once!

Have fabulous weekends everyone :)

Well, I've just come back from the children's adventure playground / ball pool type place - sat there finishing off a couple of magazines while the kids did what they did best.

I've had to mix my day around a little today - I am off out this evening to play some poker with some guys from work, but I will have to leave the house around 4ish. This of course left me a few options for dinner:

a) Have it around 3ish, or of course when I get home which will likely be around 2 in the morning!
b) Don't have dinner at home, join the poker lot with their pizza/indian/kebab whatever it is they decide

or

c) Have dinner at lunchtime, take a 'lunch' with me for dinner while they are eating their rubbish

Clever eh? haha

I am having spaghetti bolognese for lunch (making it with Quorn for the first time but expecting it to be similar to normal spag bol which I adore), and tonight I will just take some savoury rice (may mix in some mixed herbs and/or some extra sweetcorn) and a few boiled eggs as if I were taking a packed lunch to work. Simples :)

I've got my 6-pack of Pepsi Max cans chilled down, ready to go too! Will be like a picnic haha. OK, so I know my train driver friends will all think I am pretty pathetic and to a certain extent I would have to agree, but in a few months/years/however long I will be the only skinny(ish), healthy, fit person sat around the table :)

Going out for a small ride round the park with all the kids when lunch has gone done, it won't be like a normal one of my rides as I won't be able to get much distance in due to having to watch over them all, but it's better than nothing. I also doubt I will get on the Wii fit this evening so looks like a day off.

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

Enjoy your poker evening and well done for thinking ahead - I am sure that is the key - think ahead and plan for events - that way no surprises

if there are any winnings at poker are you taking us girls out for a slimming world friendly dinner :):)

Good Luck with the Poker :)

You'll have to look into a few SW friendly Curry treats to take with you. I'm sure I have seen some onion bhajis as well as various curries. Could even do something like a Tikka based chicken with the curry or pilau savoury rice?

Enjoy your poker evening and well done for thinking ahead - I am sure that is the key - think ahead and plan for events - that way no surprises

if there are any winnings at poker are you taking us girls out for a slimming world friendly dinner :):)

No H, if he wins he's going to invest it in quorn products and crotchet wool:D

Hope you had a brill evenning mate

Hiya Dave and a belated welcome to Minimins from me :D

Have to say I started reading your thread from page 1, was gripped by your enthusiasm and motivation and have read the lot just now...lol ..and I can prove it :p.;)
Well done for....

* getting your high speed train licence :D
* rewarding yourself with a banana for still being alive after wii jogging :eek:
* getting to a weight where the wii will allow you to do more than just jog :D
* 7 full days on SW 100% :D

Your diary is really inspiring and your focus is contagious :happy036::gimi:

Nice one mate,

Isis xx :D

Hi Isis and welcome to my inner sanctum :)

Congrats for making all the way through my drivel and still being conscious enough to type haha, thanks for your kind comments!!

I have actually impressed myself this evening ...

a) I sat and ate my boiled rice while all those around me tucked into pizzas, chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers and chips, and enjoyed my Pepsi Max while they were knocking back the beer
b) I came second in the poker, bringing home £35 more than I left the house with!

Funnily enough they took the you know what out of me for not joining them in their takeouts, but I pointed out the reason I needed to diet was because I spent so long eating the kind of crap they were shovelling into their mouths haha, made them think, for a second anyway :)

I've decided though that as it's so late (just gone 02.00!!) I won't be staying up for Wii fit this evening. I award myself a night off especially after doing so much yesterday, and I did have a little ride earlier round the park.

I'm off to bed now, feeling very tired, but also very pleased with myself :)

Bring on Tuesday evening and weigh in number two !!

Thanks, I think the positive messages from here helped my game along nicely!

I am £35 to the good, but I will happily do dinner for everyone - savoury rice and boiled eggs anyone? haha

Good Luck with the Poker :)

You'll have to look into a few SW friendly Curry treats to take with you. I'm sure I have seen some onion bhajis as well as various curries. Could even do something like a Tikka based chicken with the curry or pilau savoury rice?

Funny you should mention that, I have today printed out the recipe for the syn free curry sauce (the one that sounds odd and has mushy peas in lol) and we are gonna make some and try it soon.

No H, if he wins he's going to invest it in quorn products and crotchet wool:D

Hope you had a brill evenning mate

So far so good with the Quorn, shepherd's pie and Spag bol we will definitely be having again - we have the sausages up next, which I have been told by loads of people are horrible lol, but we're committed to trying them anyway, in a sausage and baked bean bake. Fingers crossed!!

Does crochet use wool? lol I thought it was cotton?!? Or is that cross-stitch? It's all too tricky ;)

Goodnight all, hope you are well :)

of course crochet uses wool
but it can use cotton too as can knitting - might be easier to take that up

rice does not do my diet any good so instead of savoury rice can I have a free mug shots please :):)

sounds like you had a good night all round !!

the quorn sausages are ok, but they aint sausages if you know what i mean, aaleigha has told me about some spinach and riccotta ones in tesco which are free they sound lovely but maybe not for breakfast !!

have a good day, am trying the turkey meatloaf later-my poor family!!

Aaleigha, mugshots it is! I know how to treat a lady :)

mommyb the turkey meatloaf sounds scrum, I hope you all enjoy it!

I have had an excellent weigh in this morning, albeit on my home scales not at SW meeting! Considering less than a week ago I couldn't get my scales to register me as I was above the 23st 8lb max - I weighed in at 22st 13.25lbs!! I'm not gonna get TOOOOOO excited as it is my SW club weigh ins that really matter, but WOOOdiddlyHOOO!! lol

I am feeling quite tired today - pretty sure my later than 02.00 retirement to bed last night coupled with my early-ish start this morning courtesy of the kids, is something to do with it!!

So I have resigned myself to a reasonably early night tonight. This would of course mean no Wii fit (as I do it when everyone else has gone to bed), so I went for a cycle once my lunch had gone down instead - and couple it with a mini shopping trip to Tesco where I met my wife as we needed a few odd bits. Still racked up 5.38 miles, and that's not including the trip back home with two bags on the handlebars lol. Also bumped into one of the other ladies from my SW meetings who works in Tesco and we had a good natter; She has been very good and if she loses 1lb or more Tuesday she joins Club 10 so fingers and toes crossed for her that the diet Gods are smiling her way :)

Lunch was a nice salad with savoury rice, egg, cucumber, lettuce, corn on the corb, beetroot (all totally free!!) and a dot of low fat salad cream.

We are trying the sausage and bean bake for dinner. Have heard nothing but bad reports about the Quorn sausages but we will give them a go anyway.

I'm off now, I'm owed a banana as I had a ride lol, hope you're all having good days and wonderful weekends :)

I am sure the tiredness is as a result of you whiling the hours away playing poker!! lol
Well done on the £35 profit!!
Not a lover of Quorn I must say. I don't do sausages on a green day..I am lucky though as there is a local butcher who has had his low fat sausages certified by SW as syn free on red days...They very tasty too...
Well done on all the activity you are fitting in too...I do try to get on the cross trainer every day, but haven't quite managed it this week..I have done 3 days!! oops
Night off Friday as went to pub with daughter and OH and had a meal and drinks...I counted all the syns though, so was still keeping an eye on what I was consuming..Total...wait for it.......55! Ouch!!
At least I kept track on it if nothing else! HAHAHA
Wish me luck for weigh in on Monday!!

Good luck for Tuesday....Lets hope your bathroom scales aren't too far off!
Here's to your half stone award!!

Hil

Hi Hil,

Well done for working out all the syns Friday :) Do you just class it as a treat night and wipe them off the scoresheet, or do you save the prerequisite amount of syns through the week for use on a night like that, or indeed spread them out over the following week?

I feel I will definitely lose on Tuesday, how much though who knows? I only need 1.5lbs for my half stone award which would be cool, and I am fairly confident I will get that. HOWEVER: I would be satisfied with any loss from half pound upward. The more the better of course, but any loss will do. Even a half lb loss gives me 6lb over the two weeks which is an average of 3 per week which is quite high.

I would be a bit gutted to put on, but tbh I can't see it happening, and if it does I shall stick to everything as it is anyway. If I ever get three bad results in a row I will look into things, but otherwise I shall just plod on regardless.

Best of luck for Monday, fingers crossed for you, can't wait to hear :)

Back