Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Just finished my dinner, and was surprised at how yummy the Quorn sausages were!! How can anyone not like them? lol Definitely a dinner we would have again, although we may leave out the onions as it was a bit much.

My evening will be consisting of very little, other than some time with the kids (gonna give them a lesson or two in MarioKart on the Wii if I can get the better half to agree to turn the telly over!) and plenty of chilling :)

My friend Marie, who is also on Minimins, has invited me to go with her to her meeting tomorrow evening. Apparently as part of the 40 year celebrations the members of that meeting have been asked to bring a friend with them. I'm looking forward to checking out how another consultant does things for sure!! Also another chance to hopefully pick up some more of those scrummy cranberry flapjack Ruby HiFi bars lol.

So far as I know, my group doesn't seem to be doing anything for the 40th anniversary which is I guess a little boring lol

Sounds good, since i'm 'going it alone' i am missing all the clebrations!! so have a sw freindly nibble for me too.

i too plan an evening of chilledness,once the girlies are bathed and in bed-you have boys dont you ? how old are they? my girls are 9 and 6 (going on 17!!)

9 and 6 eh? Bet that can be fun at times lol, just wait til they are 17 and 14!! Scary ;)

Yep both of mine are boys; Taylor is 7 and Charlie will be turning 5 in a couple of weeks. TBH I wish they could just stay the age they are lol

DOnt worry you too it gets better when they reach about 27 :)

then they only come round when the washing machine is broken - they want to raid the freezer - want money - or some other sort of favour :):)

enjoy the SW party
do ask your consultant as it could have been arranged before your started classes

and I also wont be going - like Jane I do this without class support :):)

Hope you don't mind me asking but why do this without the classes? Is it just the financial costs, or the time? Just a pain in the you-know-what to get to? Something else maybe?

I'm clearly no expert having only been to two lol, but I have to say I find them incredibly good at helping you stick to plan. Anytime I am tempted by something I just picture myself explaining to my consultant why I put on half a pound and the idea very quickly goes out of my head lol. Also of course I get to pick up the SW mag on the cheap, keep up to date with things, and also pick up HiFi bars, YUM!!

:)

well I dont go to class because
when I went a few years ago I had a wonderful leader we many of those that started when I did all got to target and we went every week to support the others in class - sadly we lost her to cancer
the person who took over that class - was not as organised had little stock seemed to not really 'care' about the members and was very very overweight - when I went to go back I saw her and she is bigger than I am - not every inspiring - my weight went back on after a year of maintaining when I gave up smoking and went on antidepressants - sorry but my overall health was more important
now is my time to tackle with again
I spoke to a few of the people coming out of the class (whom I know) and asked them - they said they mostly weight and go as she is so uninspiring - as it is the only class I can get to I have decided to try to go it alone
I paid for it before I know it works - I did try ww for 9 months and paid for it and it didnt work

I know they have a new plan but I wont use it as I dont eat meat/fish flesh so as I know green days I will stick with them
just means that the support to be found here is more important :):)

That is a real shame about the consultant, as they make all the difference.

You are spot on about minimins though, it's like having a permanent meeting available 24/7 :)

Any idea where the name minimins came from? mini I get I think, but mins? lol Seems quite random

Financial mainly for me!! used to be a member of ww and initially really enjoyed it, but then they kept moving the class and changing the leaders. Also i got to the point where the night beore weigh day i would get really stressed about it, to the point of not sleeping!! decided it wasnt worth it and gave up going.

Not saying i wouldnt join a class again but its not right for me just now i dont think and like aaleigha says there is so much support and advice on here we've got it covered

Hi Isis and welcome to my inner sanctum :)

Congrats for making all the way through my drivel and still being conscious enough to type haha, thanks for your kind comments!!

I have actually impressed myself this evening ...

a) I sat and ate my boiled rice while all those around me tucked into pizzas, chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers and chips, and enjoyed my Pepsi Max while they were knocking back the beer
b) I came second in the poker, bringing home £35 more than I left the house with!

Funnily enough they took the you know what out of me for not joining them in their takeouts, but I pointed out the reason I needed to diet was because I spent so long eating the kind of crap they were shovelling into their mouths haha, made them think, for a second anyway :)

I've decided though that as it's so late (just gone 02.00!!) I won't be staying up for Wii fit this evening. I award myself a night off especially after doing so much yesterday, and I did have a little ride earlier round the park.

I'm off to bed now, feeling very tired, but also very pleased with myself :)

Bring on Tuesday evening and weigh in number two !!

Very impressive to say the least!!! WOW:D

Getting through a night out like that and staying so focused is ruddy brilliant.....and to come on here and post about it at 2am.:D:character00148::party0011:

You deserve to have been very happy and satisfied with yourself when you went to bed. Added bonus to be £35 richer and no hangover from beer!!!..lol...win win win eh?

Isis x :D

Hi Dave
I go to class, I find the support really good. My oh and friend come with me too
as for Friday I counted all the syns and put them on my food diary. My daughter takes us out every month on her payday so I class it as a flexible syn day and stick (or try to) to about 50 syns. If the meal is syn free then all the better but this Friday was quite bad syn wise
The starters we shared were most of the syns I had 3 gin and diet tonic which was 12 syns, so the food was pretty bad! Oops!
unfortunately the food wasn't very nice, so I regret using all the syns!
Lol

I think being so flexible and being able to be followed in so many ways is one of the best things about SW. With WW although you could carry a few points over here and there, when they were gone all you had left to keep you going was sugar free jelly lool, whereas on SW you have soooooooo much food you can grab, and entire meals if you so wish!!

Today, I plan my longest ride since joining SW. I'm gonna take the train to Sittingbourne then ride back home again. It's about 9-10 miles I think. Gulp!!

Dave you are so right,. if i've gone abit over i find it much easier to pull it back on SW and it seems to show on the scales sooner too. i was half a pound up today from friday but i'm not worried-however the cheese and wine party i have to go to tonight is of major concern. LOL

Well, I survived the ride!! A little disappointed it wasn't quite as far as I had thought, 7.52 miles, but the furthest I have ridden in a long while all the same :) Did it in 36 mins, average speed 12.3mph, max speed 35.5mph! Gotta love bike computers haha. My average would have been so much higher had it not been for the few big uphills. I really struggle getting up hills still, and have to drop it to the bottom gear just to make it. I guess that is normal for someone whose last weigh in was over 23.5 stones though.

I'm sure it will get easier as I keep practicing it.

About to have my lunch, nice big salad :) Gonna be having an early dinner tonight (jacket spud with cheese and beans, and a corn on the cob) as I am going to visit another SW group with my friend Marie :)

Hope you're all having a great day!

well done on that bike ride, you're right about the hills, i've only gone up and down them in the car. You're doing well.

It must be your wi tomorrow so good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Hiya

I lost 1/2 but that's cool considering Friday night! hahaha
I am looking forward to the coming week, am doing an Extra Easy week and seeing if this moves the weight a bit faster.
I am getting a bit miffed as this 1/2 lb have been coming and going for about 6 weeks...
I am determined to get there, but I think I have hit a bit of a brick wall!!
Sorry for the semi depressed state, I know you really need to stay positive and I apologise if I have brought you down a bit, that was not my aim at all...
I am really ok with the loss...
I guess I'm a just a bit frustrated that's all!

tfmd, I can understand you'd be a little gutted about hitting a brick wall, but I can see the idea of that didn't stop you Friday! I'm really not nagging or having a go really please don't take it the wrong way - I like your idea of switching to Extra Easy for the week to shake things up a little, and I really hope you get good results, but looking at it from another point of view - last week you didn't do Extra Easy, you had quite a bit too much on the Friday night, yet STILL you managed to lose weight!! I wonder if it would have been a little more otherwise. It may have been no different of course, there is no way to know for sure. But my point (I always have one, it just takes a while to get there sometimes!!) is that you didn't give the plan a 100% week but then weren't happy with losing only 1/2lb. Does that make sense cos sometimes my ramblings don't lol. I reckon a 100% week on any of the SW plans would blast you through the brick wall in spectacular fashion!!

And if you look at the bigger picture, you have still lost on average over 2.5lbs every week for 5 weeks which is a great result!!

Don't ever worry about bringing me down, I am one of those really annoying people who are never down lol, always cheery so much so you would want to punch me in the face haha. Please don't though :)

The only person who ever brings me down is me, so feel free to moan, whinge, kick off or anything else you like in my diary, feel free to get stuff off your chest anytime you like. This is the diary room to Minimins' Big Brother :)

Best of luck for the week ahead!

Decided I need to post here more often, though I should really start my own diary :)

I don't know how to get all those pretty little pictures that you all have - when I get chance tomorrow I'll have a hunt around.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and I love reading all your comments. Having started my campaign last week I am so much more positive and full of beans (literally lol). Laddiesboy (Dave) came along with me to my club tonight which I appreciated a great deal as he had to catch a train to do so. I still felt a little self-conscious but it helped having him along with me. In fact I rather envy the Faversham club because I think he will bring a great deal of fun and positivity to that group.

I've had a great week mixing green and red days and can honestly say I haven't been hungry once, in fact I felt that I was eating way too much but of course the more fulfilling food has simply replaced the junk I was eating before.

I'm happy to say I managed to lose 6lb this week, with the aid of wii fit too and much encouragement from Dave. I know he's going to have a good weigh in tomorrow, and can't wait to see how he's done.

Good luck to everyone else too with your weight losses :)

Hi Marie, thanks for your kind words and congratulations not only on an excellent result last night (would have won slimmer of the week were it not your first weigh in), but also on taking to the diet so well and sticking to it 100%.

I have woken up with man flu - not something you ladies would understand ;) Have had a sore throat for a few days, been bunged up for a couple of days, but now I feel awful and achy. Us men really don't do colds very well do we? haha I'm gonna take loadsa medicine and hope it goes soon.

Tonight is indeed my moment of truth, I know I have lost weight and I am confident of reaching my 1/2 stone milestone but as to how much I have lost it will be a surprise - as I have stated, even a 1/2lb loss would satisfy me at this early stage as that would still be an excellent average of 3lb per week. The more the merrier though, of course!

See ya later !

Back