Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hi mommyb, glad you have got your laptop sorted!! Technology is superb all the while it works but when it doesn't ... :banghead:

I think you are right the weight loss industry is aimed at the female market, which is highlighted at the meetings I go to - I am one of only two guys I have seen, but the only one who stays for the duration of the meeting after weigh in.

I guess weight isn't something that guys easily talk about - that and the fact we think we look ok even when we have overhang lol.

But I believe it will either start to come over to guys at some point, or a totally independent weight loss market for guys will come along. There are too many of us out that who need the help and don't really have somewhere to go that we are likely to actually go to!

As for me, I just had enough putting on more weight than I could lose, and a fellow train driver (a guy ironically) told me about SW :)

As a man in a womans world ( if i dare say that) i think you have a fantastic attitude

Bought a plastic lolly mould set today (well, my wife did - thanks hun x), just emptied two pots of Mullerlight banana & custard yoghurts into six of the moulds and I am waiting for the freezer to do it's thing. Exciting times lol

Breakfast today was my usual 2 Weetabix (HEb) / skimmed milk (HEa) / Splenda
Lunch was savoury rice (free) with some Schwartz season-all herbs mixed in (free) and 3 boiled eggs (free)
Dinner was tuna (HEb) / sweetcorn (free) / mayo (4 tablespoons for 10.0 syns)

I had 2 Dairylea Original triangles after lunch (HEa) and a Mullerlight (free) between lunch and dinner. I am about to have an apple (free) and some grapes (free), and I will be having a banana (free) after the Wii fit this evening.

Day six of my SW journey is coming to an end, and I am already looking forward to Day 7 :)

Bayside - your weight loss is fantastic!! Very well done you and your family must be sooooooo proud of you and you must love how you are looking now compared with when you started! Don't you be dobbing me up to Sally for anything I put on here looool ;)

ha ha!I was thinking the same, I haven't told anyone about minimins as I can post freely then! So no tales on me either:)

Sounds like you are really getting into the plan, well done:)

ha ha!I was thinking the same, I haven't told anyone about minimins as I can post freely then! So no tales on me either:)

Sounds like you are really getting into the plan, well done:)

That's a deal - mum's the word :)

Yeah I love the plan, it's so east to follow once you grasp the basics. Although I am yet to look into EE days lol.

I will stick to my green days for as long as the weight comes off (doesn't matter if it is 1/2lb or 4lbs, a loss is a loss) and if I get stuck somewhere along the line or I start to put weight back on (GULP!) I will look into reds and EE.

I have done this many times before - started a diet / healthy eating plan, lost loads (one began New Year this year I lost 3 stone then put it back on again Grrr) then come off it and put it on, usually going above the weight I started at beforehand. I seem addicted to plans to begin, then bore, then go off them, then leave them. Same pattern for years and years. But this time I am going to the meetings, and I also have Minimins.

No reason why it shouldn't work, I'm gonna lose ten stone, be man of the year lol, then become a consultant :)

Although I would just settle for the weight loss haha :)

Man of the Year!! Good aspiration!

The men who follow the plan usually lose weight quite quickly so hopefully your first stone will be gone in a month:)

Is your wife following the plan too or just helping you out?

My wife has switched from WW which she has been doing successfully on and off for years to give SW a go - although she doesn't come to the meetings. So far she is loving it as much as me, which makes it all a lot easier :)

Dave I think taking really bad photos of yourself now to look good later is a great idea! lol I think I shall too!!!!!!! hahahahaha

I understand that it's taken you 20 years to get the size you are now, but I did half a stone in 2 weeks, so can you...

Good luck for weigh in

Just finished on the Wii fit, half hour jog (7028m round my room while watching The Bill!). Still not able to actually use the board yet, weight isn't shifting much since my WI Tuesday; I am soooooo near yet soooooo far haha. My electronic scales showed me as under the limit - 23st 7.25lbs (limit being 23st 8lbs) but my Wii fit board doesn't agree yet. It will :)

Tomorrow, as I will be at home rather than at work, I am branching out on my lunch: Instead of just savoury rice and a couple of boiled eggs, I will be having half the pack of savoury rice (shared with the wife), one or two boiled eggs, lettuce, cucumber, corn on the cob, beetroot (all free), 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEa) and some salad cream (3.0 syns). Seems a little more exciting to make a salad out of it than just stick to my usual fare :)

Best wishes to everyone :)

I wasn't off work today, but may as well have been - wasn't there very long! Which meant I was home in time to have a very filling salad for my lunch :)

Just came back from a bike ride, 5.77 miles, and feel quite refreshed. Still plan to get on the Wii fit tonight (fingers crossed the board will take my weight or it is just jogging again), but usually after I've cycled during the day my legs don't wanna play ball again so we will have to see lol.

We are having Quorn shepherd's pie tonight: Quorn, mushrooms, carrots, onion (all free), gravy (couple of syns), mash (potatoes free but maybe some spread with it couple of syns), served up with sweetcorn, carrots and peas (all free).

I still feel very full from lunch, and thinking about dinner makes me even more so!! But if I do get peckish at all I can call on my free snack army of Mullerlight yoghurt (as a lolly if preferred!), banana, grapes and/or apple.

War on obesity has begun, and I am taking no prisoners!!

Wow you sound so focused, a mojo the size of Africa!! if your legs decide to give the wi fit a miss you can always do some of your crotchet!!

HAve a great evening whatever you do

I am Mr Focused from Focusville, and it is National Day of Focus!

I need to get myself a new crochet pattern before I do any more ;)

Dinner was our first try of Quorn, had it in a Shepherd's Pie with some veg. Glad to say we loved it - wife and kids too. Lucky really, as we are having Spag Bol with it tomorrow haha

For afters, we all had a banana & custard Mullerlight yoghurt ice lolly, and they were GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!! very tasty, and 0 syns - does it get better than that?

glad you enjoyed the quorn cos it's great to use on green days- which i do every day! You could use a little passata or tinned chopped tomatoes in your shepherds pie instead of gravy and then it would be free! The mash could be softened with a bit of cottage cheese too instead of butter/ spread. Still you don't save many syns so it's not essential.
I try to eat syn free meals as much as possible so i can use my syns for little treats. My weekend syns are always wine so I definitely have syn free meals. Have been out for a few curries over the last couple of weeks so I'm going to be good this weekend ( polishing halo as we speak!)

Hope you have a good weekend, that spag bol will be lovely!

Love quorn too, for tea we had the lamb style grill steaks which are 1.5 syns each but well worth it-lovely with a jacket spud and salad!!

weekend treats here too, takeaway and wine-just not sure to go indian or chinese!! I have just worked out that half a bottle of wine is 4.5 syns-you cant say fairer than that!!

Back