Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

no not tried knee supports - will do so - but are they to stabalise the joint (I have arthritis)

come on then arent you back yet

Hi all I'm back. Excellent weigh in as I lost 5.5lbs WooooHooooo!!

Would have been the slimmer of the week but didn't count as it was my first weigh in - I'll get it next week instead lol ;)

Aaleigha I have no idea if knee supports will help you tbh but I know I would give them a go, fingers crossed it does :)

tfmd - if you have synned the lunch correctly as you said then you have nothing to feel bad about!! You are folowing the rules of the diet, there is nothing to say you can't have a 'treat' especially when you are doing it within the rules anyway :) Even if you went over today's syns I see no problem with you kinda averaging over a couple/few days or just ensuring you stay within your weekly target - may not be a good plan on a regular basis but the fact you seem to feel guilty when you didn't need to suggests you are very focused on your diet and are going to succeed :)

Ossireo, thanks for your lovely comments and you are more than welcome here to post anything you like, or just to get something off your chest (Maybe I could be an agony uncle lol), anytime you like
Food today - brekky and lunch were the same as I have been having; Dinner was ham omelette with baked beans and corn on the cob. I have used no syns today which isn't good so I am gonna have a HiFi bar later, and maybe a Mullerlight too just because they're scrummy:)

My wife has never cooked omelette before, and I have hardly cooked anything ever before, so it was the blind leading the blind but we pretty much followed the instructions kindly sent to us by a friend and WOW they were yummy lol. Definitely one to have again :)

I picked up the current SW magazine tonight, as well as ordering a few books which I will be able to collect next week. And I grabbed a pack of mint HiFi bars, and also a pack of the new 40th birthday celebration flapjacks with cranberries (there were chunks of one of these there to try and take my word for it they are GORGEOUS haha)

gonna have a night off the Wii fit tonight as I had a late dinner, and because I cycled earlier too.

OMG I have to wait a whole week before I can go back to weigh in again!! I really enjoy the meetings, and think that going regularly and staying for the entire thing will definitely help me stick to my plans :)

Hi Dave,
Woop woop! Excellent! What a great start to spur you on....
Am really chuffed for you.
I didn't have my smoothie this morning, had a mushroom omelette instead, which filled me up quite well.
Been to the pool this evening, 40 lengths later my arms feel like they may fall off.... I'm such a weakling lol
Well done again, same again next week? ;)
Amanda x

well that train is racing along those tracks - good job you got that licence :):)

dont forget to go to your cp and change the stats in there too - that way you can see your %weight loss :):)

good luck for today

well done! that's a fab first week! It really inspires you to keep going.

Sounds like you're trying lots of different meal ideas too which is always a good idea.

Have a great week.

Thanks all, yes I am very pleased and would LOVE to see the same next week, but I'm not gonna set myself any targets for weekly loss - I'm just gonna follow the diet to the letter, trying some fab new meals along the way, continue to do either Wii fit or cycling each day, and what will be will be :)

Amanda, mushroom omelette for brekky? What a fab idea! And I bet it was tastier and more filling than a smoothy - and depending what else you put in it probably free of syns too? My wife had mushroom omelette last night and also added some onion too.
Well done for doing 40 lengths!! Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, you use so many different muscles to do it and because it is in water there is very little almost no impact at all - I adore swimming and wish I didn't have such a hangup about my body as I would go all the time!

Aaleigha, what is my CP and where might I find it? Ta :)

I've been pretty pleased with how organised I've been with regard planning what foods I can have a day and I have followed the mantra "write before you bite" to ensure I don't miss anything off my records. But I have found myself near the end of the day with still a bit to eat, so today I am going to plan my snacks/extras out throughout the day and see if that is better.

Tonight's dinner is going to be egg mayo jacket potato with some salad (I'm quite fussy with salad stuff which is a shame but I will have sweetcorn, beetroot, cucumber, lettuce and perhaps my HEa 2 dairylea triangles too).

I'm gonna spend a bit of time today looking through the magazine I bought last night (SW), if I can get it off my wife haha, and see if I can get some ideas from there for my dinners next week - then get organised and plan my shopping list ready for a trip to tesco tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone :)

Dinner was very tasty except I forgot to add the cheese, grrr. Not to worry though I had my HEa earlier and the other one isn't essential.

The wife had Quorn chicken fillet type things, which were quite tasty (she let me try them), but we tried to make a sauce from the SW site to go with it, and it didn't quite work out :(

We had chopped onion and mushroom, mixed herbs, garlic reduced in half pint of water, then let it cool. Then mixed it into fat free fromage frais until it looked 'saucy'.

At this stage it looked great, and I felt like quite the chef lol (previously to starting on SW I could have made beans or toast, but not both together!!)

BUT when the Quorn fillets were nigh on done we poured the sauce on to heat it back up again and it looked very unappealing - so much so the wife ended up scraping it all off and making up a quick gravy instead!

Any idea what I did wrong, as I have NO idea hahaha

Thanks in advance :)

sauce most likely became too hot - perhaps you boiled it rather than heating it through - so perhaps next time dont heat it as much

ps
cp is your user control panel
see blue band at the top and it has three lines - on there it has user cp at the top left choice - click on it then go to edit detail in the left panel - click on that and change add any relevant information - eg your new weight -

I am sure you'll get your half stone next weigh in. There's nothing to stop you!
I had a lush tea today mixed 1tsp runny honey (1syn) and 1 tsp wholegrain mustard together, brush this on chicken as it's being grilled--lovely
for pudding we had SW tiramisu (4syns) without the quark as hubby don't like it! Hahaha
I love SW as it gets you to make things you wouldn't normally make! The food is so lovely, I have loads of recipes off this site, people are so inventive on SW!
Good luck for your weight award, I know you'll get it! Lol
hil

Thanks for the good wishes tfmd, getting my half a stone sticker would be great of course but if I don't get it next WI I should pick it up the following one. It has taken me over 20 years to get in this bad a shape, I am quite resigned for it to be a long process to get fit again :)

I have been reading in the SW mag this evening about the guy who lost 10 stone in 18months. WTF? How did he do that? His before and after pics are just incredible!! I have about 10 stone to lose, but expect it to take at least twice that long!!

That got me to thinking maybe I should take some terrible photos of me, awful angles, terrible shadows, sticking my belly out and rolling my chins over one another so that when I have lost ten stone and show my before and after photos the difference would look even better hahahaha

tfmd your dinner sounded quite yummy btw :)

I have just gotten off the Wii fit, it was a bit of a struggle to get on it in the first place as my legs have been aching all day (from my ride yesterday I think), but once I got going I was fine. My half hour jogging pace was improved, up to 7180m now and I took top spot off my wife on the leaderboard MUHAHAHAHA. Love you dear :)

A little before I got on it, I weighed myself on my scales - got a reading of 23st 7.5lbs, which was great as it meant I was under the limit of the Wii board and could do more of the activities other than jogging, but alas the computer said no! Still said I was over limit, so the Wii board and my scales are obviously not quite as accurate as one another! Won't be long though.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and a great time on SW. I have done 5 days now and am 100% SW until I am at my goal :)

Last edited:
good to hear you are so motivated:) Won't be long until you can go swimming. I know Faversham well and spent many years using the outdoor pool as a child ( no indoor pool then!) It's a great complex now isn't it.

Sally is also my leader, but i go to Whitstable class. I think 10 stone in 2 years is achievable, I'm going for 7 stone in one year!!! Might be a bit ambitious but I'm over half way now.(4 stone in 6 months)

Have a good week, you'll be dropping those pounds at a rate of knots if you stick to plan and keep exercising.

A little before I got on it, I weighed myself on my scales - got a reading of 23st 7.5lbs, which was great as it meant I was under the limit of the Wii board and could do more of the activities other than jogging, but alas the computer said no!

you could always try it in your birthday suit

no pictures please - :):):)

have a great day
and look at you with your 1.49%

Bayside - your weight loss is fantastic!! Very well done you and your family must be sooooooo proud of you and you must love how you are looking now compared with when you started! Don't you be dobbing me up to Sally for anything I put on here looool ;)

Aaleigha - I was in my birthday suit haha. I'm not too disheartened, it won't be long now, and I can still use it for jogging anyway. And I have my bike too :)

Bayside - your weight loss is fantastic!! Very well done you and your family must be sooooooo proud of you and you must love how you are looking now compared with when you started! Don't you be dobbing me up to Sally for anything I put on here looool ;)

Aaleigha - I was in my birthday suit haha. I'm not too disheartened, it won't be long now, and I can still use it for jogging anyway. And I have my bike too :)

you jogged in your birthday suit

Oh far too much information:p
have a great day :D

Just back from Tesco, bought quite a few items for the first time ever - soy sauce, cous cous, dried noodles, quorn sausages, fresh chives, bean sprouts, mangetout (Rodney). No idea what most of them taste like or how to cook them but I have recipes and I'm not afraid to use them haha.

Meals for the next seven days are gonna be tuna/pasta/sweetcorn/mayo, shepherds pie with veg, spaghetti bolognese (with quorn mince for first time), sausage and bean bake, jacket spud/cheese/beans with corn on the cob, carbonara, chow mein. YUM!!

Whether or not any of them actually taste like they should after I have cooked them is another matter haha.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. You have popped up during my absense due to a dead laptop, so i wanted to say welcome. you surely know by now that this site is great and full of friendly people, help and support.
\wont pretend i've read the whole of your diary, but read you introduction. good luck , i like your male/female comments, no it doent matter which we are we are all here for the same reason, tho i think the whole weight loss industry is very female oreintated.

best of luck with your journey

Back