Dave's Major Weight Loss Blog.

Oh no not brutal at all, in fact everything you said I have only just got my head around. Especially point 2, I always think of food as a reward or the main event of a celebration. As soon as I have lost weight I instantly think 'oh I can have a bit of cake now seeing as I have lost a stone' and that, as you say, is completely wrong. You end up going round and round in a fat circle!

Furthermore you are spot on about exercise this is one of my biggest problems. I can stick to the eating pattern quite well but due to my hobby, making computer games, I just sit all the time! I have started adding daily walks to my routine as well as some intense [sweat inducing!] 20-30 mins cardio about 3 times a week.

Thanks for your wise words, and 8 stone is so amazing!

Also keep the beard, it rocks!

It's that time again. The beard was fun but I found myself stroking it whilst thinking which probably isn't a good look (as I'm not a grand master of some ancient martial art). I still look scruffy though lol. My weight loss is continuing, slow and steady. The target is to have completed the final 2st by September; meaning a total loss of 10st in 12 months.

Here's my picture for May ;-)

Cheers
Dave

weight_may10.jpg

Ohhh it's that time again! There's so much less of you Dave!

Well done you, brilliant stuff!!

Thanks Jan. I know someone who weighs the same as the amount I've lost. Pretty freaky to think I've dropped them in weight, haha.

I've taken it the right way Najh, thank you! I'm still tubby at the moment but I can hardly recognise myself looking back. I had no idea I was that big, very shocking tbh. When I've hit my goal I want to take a few pics of me clean shaven and in my suit. Wolves shirt and baggy shorts aren't my usual clobber lol. You look lovely in your picture. When's our date? ;-)

Oh My God!!!! I keep flicking between ur first pic and may's

You look so so much more healthy its amazing.

Im so jealous lol. You're an inspiration to us all!

Do you wanna chat on msn sometime? I'd love to chat more about how you're succeeding so well :-D

Bloody hell, you have done freaking amazingly well! Just skimmed through some of your posts, and damn. I feel as though I should be bowing down in worship or something (which would have gone with the beard stroking quie well I think)

Also, I used to have that sofa!

Johnie, thank you for your very kind words! If my story and pictures help in any way to inspire others, that would make me extremely happy. I feel healthier and I'm enjoying the warm weather more this year (had a lot of insulation in 2009). I decided to start the diet because I'd simply had enough of being fat. I wasn't depressed or anything like that but having doubts about fitting in a restaurant arm chair or getting on a rollercoaster is a pretty shocking (and avoidable) scenario. Basically, I'd become conscious that my weight was impacting on daily life, hence it was time to do something about it. However, I still have just under 2st to go and so I haven't achieved anything yet, my goal has not been met. It would be like Usain Bolt being strides ahead in a 100m race and then stopping at 90 metres. I'll celebrate when I've crossed the finishing line.

I’m not on Messenger anymore but feel free to post any questions on here, via PM or email. When I’m finished, I might write up my story in the form of an e-book. It would include food tips but the focus would be on method, philosophy and psychology. I have a busy life though so not sure if I’ll be able to commit the time.

Pink, shush, you’re embarrassing me lol. No need to bow down in worship (although that might be cool) but thanks for the lovely sentiment. I’m sure there are others on MM who’ve taken it as far as me and some further I would imagine. I bet you got rid of your sofa in the 90’s!

Thanks again peeps.
Dave

When I’m finished, I might write up my story in the form of an e-book. It would include food tips but the focus would be on method, philosophy and psychology.

I think thats a great idea! It'll also something you can remember your weight loss journey by when your older. Im just dying to know how you did it though ;-p lol

~J

The ebook idea sounds awesome, I think that it would really inspire people. I'd love to read one about someone who isn't a celebrity who barely had to lose 2 stone.

Ha! Yeh we did, but I miss that sofa, the new ones just aren't the same!

Best wishes and good luck crossing the finishing line. :)

Thanks for your feedback all. Seems the e-book idea is popular from the comments so far. Problem is; there are so many online scams and free miracle plans in magazines that weight loss help has a bad name (in my eyes anyway). I wouldn't write anything like "eat this on this day and that on that day" as it's a load of rubbish but saying something like "I lost X over X time and here's how I did it" just sounds dodgy.

Time would be the difficult thing but the idea of writing a book with chapters like “It’s all your fault”, “good fat, bad fat” and “quitters never win” appeals to the novelist within me, haha. Getting ahead of myself though… Need to finish my journey first!

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Great thread, congratulations on your wonderful success so far, I can't wait to see the "finished product"! I have especially loved the photos- what an inspired idea, amazing changes! Keep up the good work!

< American voice>
Yes folks, you can have your new improved DaveC delivered right to your door. One compact package with no assembly necissary. Payment can be made over 5 easy installments and you'll even get this free ebook on the improvments made since the old model. That's right folks, in just 5 easy instalments you can have your own new and improved DaveC, call now to avoid missing out.
</ American voice>

I feel I may have gotten a little carried away....

lol! ;)

A recent pic taken of me with my friend’s DSLR camera. The picture quality is so much better than my camera. I think it might be time to upgrade! The one below came out well so thought I’d post it up. Makes a change from seeing me in my football kit too lol.

At this point, I have 18lbs to go before I reach the finish line.

portrait_jun2010.jpg

Back