Dave's Major Weight Loss Blog.

Thanks Amber, congrats on you marriage ;-)

Glad the pictures are helping people. Official weigh in Monday night was 20st 4lbs. I've played 2 hours of badminton tonight, weighed myself and I've hit 19st 13lbs! First time I've dipped into the 19's! It will go up a bit by Monday but really chuffed.

Dave.

Aww thanks Dave - 6 months married on Valentines Day :))

Back into the teens! Excellent, its really motivating when you see that on the scales :))

Have a great weekend and maybe it wont go back up , fingers crossed for you, keep up the good work.

Amber

Really well done, Dave. Inspiring photos.

Actually, they'd look great on my new diet site.....

Sorry :D

Update as promised (if a little late...) My camera decided to die on me so I had to use a different one (and rest it on a chair to keep it still lol) but here's February's picture. I can't see much change in the body from Jan but I think my face is thinner.

weight_feb10.jpg

Updated Progress:

25st 12lbs - 31.8.09
25st 1lbs - 7.9.09
24st 9lbs - 14.9.09
24st 5lbs - 21.9.09
24st 0lbs - 28.9.09
24st 0lbs - 5.10.09
23st 8lbs - 12.10.09
23st 8lbs - 19.10.09
23st 3lbs - 26.10.09
22st 13lbs - 2.11.09
22st 10lbs - 9.11.09
22st 6lbs - 16.11.09
22st 6lbs - 23.11.09
22st 3lbs - 30.11.09
21st 12lbs - 7.12.09
21st 10lbs - 14.12.09
21st 5lbs - 21.12.09
21st 1lbs - 28.12.09
21st 2lbs - 4.1.10
20st 13lbs - 11.1.10
20st 11lbs - 18.1.10
20st 5lbs - 25.1.10
20st 4lbs - 1.2.10
20st 1lbs - 8.2.10
19st 12lbs - 15.2.10
19st 11lbs - 22.2.10
19st 7lbs - 1.3.10

Hey Dave,
You are doing so well. I can definitely see a difference in your face - you look so much younger as well! Looking at your WIs you lost nearly a stone this month?
Great work!
Kat

Thanks Kat. Yeah, nearly a stone. Feb's a short month though hehe. It's getting a bit harder now as my body exudes less energy per movement; hence needing less calories. Not a problem though, I reckon I could stay on this road for years. Nice food such as grilled fish/steak, home-made curries and I even had fried eggs, bacon, black-pudding, beans and mushrooms on Sunday lol. Only about 550 cals with the way I cooked it.

Thankyou NAJH ;-)

It's photo night tonight! Fingers crossed I can see a difference.

I'll upload once taken.

Cheers
Dave

It's not a done deal with Wolves yet. It's looking better though, fingers crossed ;)

Ok, hot off the press... here's March! I reckon I'm looking normal now lol. 3 more stone to go (I've added an extra stone of weight loss to my target).

weight_mar10.jpg

Blooming nora's - it's like you're disappearing before our very eyes!! I can't believe the difference and your weight losses are nothing short of miraculous! Well done, you're doing fab and I can't wait to see you at target, you'll be fighting the women off with sticks!

x

Wow Dave you look completely different, its incredible! The pictures really show how much you have lost and are amusingly very orange, hehe. You have done extremely well so far and I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey.

Jess x

I don't normally look at the blogs but the title of this one drew me in and all I can say is Wow, what an inspiration! Well done you :)

I'm not slacking at all but I've found the weight becomes harder to shift the closer I get to my goal. I'm behind schedule by 6lbs but not deterred. Here's my pics for April.

Cheers
Dave

weight_apr10.jpg

Blimey Dave, what a difference between these & the first ones! Well done you, brilliant!!!

Wish I'd taken some 'before' pics now.

you look fab babe, well done! x

Nikki, the polarity of the magnets are not perfectly in tune yet but they will be, hehe.

Thanks Elsa and Ria ;-)

I hit 17st 11 the other day which is a new record. I'm just over two stone away from the goal at present.

Dave.

Wow you look so slim now compared to the beginning photographs. Absolutely amazing! I am starting my own weight loss thread with pictures to motivate me, hopefully I will start seeing results! Good luck on your last stones, I'm sure you can easily do it!

Thanks Chillimango. Good luck with your diet (don't know why I'm saying that though; luck has nothing to do with it). The photos are proving valuable for my progress so I'd definetly recommend them. Officially 8st lost now. 2st to go and I'm done ;-)

My advice to you:

1. Accept full responsibility for your weight. Nothing and nobody has any influence over what you eat and drink other than you.

2. Don’t make excuses by saying something like; “it was a special occasion” or “I felt down because of *insert reason*” or “it was too nice not to eat”. In each case you’re proportioning blame away from yourself as a way of avoiding personal failure.

3. Enjoy your diet! Enjoy the food you eat and the exercise (if any) you do. If you don’t enjoy it, you will find it much harder.

And finally… it may sound obvious but despite all the mumbo jumbo you get in magazines; losing weight comes down to one simple fact: Burn more calories than you put in and you lose weight. Burn less than you put in and you store fat.

Hope that helps (and it’s not too brutal lol)

Cheers
Dave

Back