Dawnie's Atkins diary

Wow dizzy that's a word I've not heard for a long time "messages" my Great Nan used to say that and it was years before I knew what it meant. Xx

Gosh I hope I am not as old as your Great Nan!! lol!! Its great - covers a multitude!! Where was your Nan from? I wonder if it is a locality thing?? :)

Hi dawnie, hope you had a great evening:)
My trick is to hopefully have enough starter and main course that im not interested - then i always have an atkins brownie bar in my bag ....chopped up on a plate with cream - delish:D

Xx

Had a lovely meal - grilled goats cheese a top roasted pepper and grean leaves (rocket and the like) with a drizzle of balsamic for starter, mixed grill (no chips) for main with a spoonful of hubbies Cauli gratin, and Pimms Jelly and whipped cream for desserts......sorry guys I just couldn't resist!! :cool:

Lovely night!!

Thanks peeps - aren't you a lovely warm and friendly gang! :D

xx

The meal sounded lovely Dawnie :)

Morning Dawnie,

messages eh, I thought that was a scots thing

Morning all :wavey:

Well today I've got to sort out the decorator (supposed to start next week and suddenly realised when I was painting colour patches yesterday I havent heard from him!)

Front passenger side tyre needs looking at - new tyre about 6 months ago, noticed it quite flat few weeks ago so OH put air in but then down again so I went to put air in yesterday.....have seen him do it...."doddle".....it was like an upper body workout, I was exhausted by the time I'd finished!! :eek: So down town today then got to get over to Mums (25 miles) for a meeting with her and my Bro......she is not well and we have quite a lot to talk about. Pooch coming with me - she may not get a long walk today but she will get exercised with giddiness, then off to Dad's grave on the way home with some flowers.

My intention is to make Cheeseburger pie for tea tonight, and then get a reasonably early night - 60hrs stretch from 06.45 tomorrow , but then a blissful 13 days off to look forward to!!

Sooooooo, sorry, rambled on!! Here is my planned diary for today

B - bacon, fried eggs and mushrooms

L - possibly nothing, will put a couple of babybels in my pocket!!

T - Cheeseburger pie with lots of spinach, SF jelly and squirty

Snacks - coffee with cream, lots of water.....got some sparkling chilling in fridge, love fizzy water!!

Doesn't seem much but I'm sure it will be OK

Have a good day all,

x

Wow - hope the 60 hours is survivable and then enjoy!

Just a quickie before I go to work!

B - bacon and eggs

L - Cheeseburger pie with rocket and cucumber (I actually didn't like this pie but I won't waste food.........still 2 more portions in the fridge :sigh: )

T - to be decided when I whizz round the supermarket this evening

Snacks - coffee with cream, 2 x babybel

Later
x

Morning Dawnie... Hope the 60hrs isn't as awful as it sounds! But great news when you get through it! :)

Morning Dawnie, all sounds a bvit hectic to me love :)

Well its Sunday and weigh in day for week 1...........and I've not shifted a pound!! :cry: Very disappointed to say the least, will give it a further week and see what happens and may return to WW if I don't lose in my second week.

I've kept a careful diary (on the days its not been too manic and I've been able to get on here) and haven't had anyone say I was way off track so I think that on the whole I had the right idea.

So here we go again, a new week.

Today and tomorrow I am working til midnight so will be trying to fill up before I go and then having a salad at work which I will take with me.

B'fast - Bacon, 1 egg (1.12g), 100g mushrooms fried in butter (1.5g)

Lunch - turkey steak with 100g mushrooms (1.5g) 1 tbsp diced shallots (1.7g) garlic (1g) and double cream (1.6g), SF jelly (0.75g) with squirty cream (0.9g)

Tea - tiger prawns salad - 90g rocket (2g) 100g cucumber (3.6g), real mayo and 1 boiled egg (1.12g)

Snacks - zero coke, water ++, black coffee. Babybel x 2 (0.2g)

Total carbs = 16.99g

Edited to say I forgot to add my cauli or broccoli or spinach that I was intending to have with my Turkey - but 100g of broccoli OR Cauli takes me over 20g Carbs.........so looks like I won't be having any! :(

That must feel so disappointing Dawnie ... I feel rubbish too when there's no movement on the scales ... Someone will jump on your post and help you figure out whether there are problems with your menu.

I have seen that some folk can stall on things with citric acid - so that would be the coke zero... I read the label the other day and it has the same dodgy ingredients as Diet Coke - I think they've named it for the male drinkers.

I also see that folk can stall on frankenfoods which probably includes the sf jelly ( I love the jelly but only have it as a very special treat). And some folk stall with cheese and/or cream.

It's trial and error ...

Good luck this week ! I hope it works out for you :)

Hi Dawnie, sorry to hear about your weigh in - you must be disappointed!

Been back over your diary and here are my thoughts:
-you are having sf jelly most days - dont know how much but suggest you cut right back and have a tiny bit when you are desperate for sweet not every day - it stalls some
-dump coke zero - it stalls some
- i know you couldnt resist the pimms jelly mid week ;). But that could throw you out of ketosis so actually you havent done a clean induction week at all - have you had ketosis signs? Worst case you were just getting into k, had jelly and started again so wouldnt expect any loss (see the sticky from jim about cheating and just one bite)
- finally i really would recommend you up your greens - drop something else if necessary and make sure you use the full 20g. Lower than 20 doesnt necessarily make it better

Overall, i think you need to have one v strict week, lots of greens and water to make sure you are firmly in ketosis - then see how the scales look!
If you want to use my fitness pal then we can look at your diary in more detail and help get it right - just add me as a friend (username tomkt)

Good luck!
Xxx

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies, very much appreciated. And I agree entirely that I need to ditch something to get it right......however, the Diet Zero - I put it down every day with the intention of having it but so far I've not had a single one!! Not a huge coke fan, but do get fed up sometimes of water, so the idea is a little break! :)

I agree I need to up my Greens - but don't see how I can with lots of my plan.....I had only 3 mushrooms with breakfast so that will buy me enough carbs back to have 100g cauli with my dinner. But when I read of others diaries having coffee with cream 3 or 4 times, salad for lunch and then whatever with broccoli and cauli for tea, I can't work out how I can't fit it all in!!

Anyway, I will look at the fitness pal later when I get to work, I really need to go get the pooch walked before she falls out with me......the looks she is giving me!!

Will be back later

Thanks again, very much appreciated

xx

Dawnie, I won't give advice here because I'm in no position to just now - struggle struggle.. :sigh: I do agree though with Alpaca & Katie. Hang on in there girl & I'm sure you will soon have a whoosh. Good luck. :)

Bless you Everhopeful! :)

It is such a warm and friendly board, everybody is so helpful.

Good luck, hope your struggles are overcome!
x

Hi
I've found My Fitness Pal and filled my information in and foods etc - how do I get it to appear on here tho? :sigh:

thanks in advance!
I will try to use it every day
x

Goodbye!

Morning all

I've updated my fitness pal again this morning and already it is saying I am over 400 calories what I should be using today - and that in 5 weeks I can expect to lose a remarkable 1.8lbs :(

I know I'm not counting calories but that is worrying me at the back of my mind it keeps popping up!! :cry:

I've packed the fridge up for this week and won't waste it so I will continue to follow the Atkins approach but I think I will return to WW next week - where the calories I take should reflect the eating plan.

I so wanted to succeed at Atkins because it gives me the freedom to enjoy the foods I like, and I found WW boring, but I am finding it very frustrating and very difficult.......and the dry and nasty mouth I had yesterday made several people recall in horror!!! I was so ashamed!

thank you very much for putting up with my hundreds of questions, and for your patience, warmth and support! I wish you all every continued luck for your weightloss journey and will bob in every now and then to check on progress!!

All the very best
Dawn

xxxx

Take care Dawnie ... Please let us know how you're getting on! :)

Hi Dawnie, i'm sorry that you havent found atkins works for you. Sounds with the mouth and breath that you might have just hit ketosis so might now get results. Also i have accepted friend request on mfp and today looks good!
Everyone needs to find a way of eating that suits them - i wish you well with what ever is best for you
Xx

Back