Step 1 Sole Source Day 1 again, 6st off but 6st on !

View attachment 114425

10.5 miles walked this morning, feel so much better after a good blooming walk ! ! !
Still no auntie Flo but wondering if it's the stress waiting for my hospital appt ?

Hope everyone is having a great Wed, midweek and the weekend is fast approaching just like Xmas and new year :) hoe much better we are all going to feel knowing we are STONES lighter than we would have been :)
Well done on all that walking. I hope it helped get rid of some of that bloating too. I'm getting inspired to start doing some regular exercise too. Not just the punishment one I tend to do after a cheat lol. You're gonna make me get off my lazy butt.
Did your TOM go funny the first time you did CWP too? Just wondering if it has anything to do with the diet.

I had no issues with TOM last year so I'm convinced its due to the smear / growth / worry. Sorry if TMI but I was bleeding for a few days after smear but it wasn't period blood if that makes sense. I'm sure it will appear soon enough but I've not been regular for a while but all of my pre symptoms have been here for well over a week now.
Nothing I can do about it, it will spear when it's ready I guess :-(

Another fab day ahead and the weekend is almost here. I'm off Sat, Sun & Mon this week. Going to winter wonderland with my youngest daughter on Sat ( she's 20 ) not sure if we are doing Hyde park or Edinburgh, will check the weather the night before and will go to any which is forecast to be dry. I'm swaying towards Edinburgh as I love The Dome ( George st ) and everything is much closer together. My daughter is almost 20 wks pregnant so don't want her to be harassed on the tube as she's a bit of a stress head bless her.
The weekend will still be 100 % SS for me and instead of my usual mulled wine I will have a black coffee or green tea at the Xmas market, not quite the same but my next weigh in is Tue so it will be worth it. Still mega bloated and my scales don't appear to have moved ( new batteries in them ) So will see what Tue brings.

Sunday will be another long walk with my hubby. Not sure if I mentioned but I bought some basic walking shoes and they were fab yesterday. No aches or pains to my feet at all, pure bliss :) I bought them because we have a weekend in Edinburgh in Dec and plan to walk Arthur's seat so I think suitable shoes will be essential for that. I have been known to do 10 miles in uggs or ballet pumps, not good for my feet at all so yesterday I was virtually power walking :)

Each day I count my blessing that I'm in the zone as I know I tried and tried for almost a year and couldn't get it into my head so to be back here in cruise control seriously is my dream come true.
I have a black monsoon skirt which I've had for around 10 years, I love it, fab A line, just above the knee with a huge appliqué flower up the side, I only ever wear it in holidays with a black vest top and shrug ( to cover my arms ) anyway I love that skirt hence never parting with it I am
Hoping it will be ideal for the Dominican as I was always comfortable on holidays when I could fit into it. Last year it was to big but the year before it would no way fasten so Jan will be a happy medium fingers crossed it fits and then by Julys holiday it will be to big again lol
Isn't it strange how we judge ourselves by what fits and how clothes make us feel !
Sorry to ramble just a tad excited :)

Hope everyone has another fab day :)

Morning all, Off to Edinburgh for the Winter wonderland today. Can't wait, nice girlie day with one of my daughters. Hope everyone has a fab day. Keep strong girls x x x

Ps still no auntie Flo :-(. :-( :-(

Forgive me all for I have sinned :-( :-(. :-(

Edinburgh winter wonderland resulted in Lunch at The Dome and several cocktails.

I won't go into what I've had today but it certainly wasn't on plan.

I don't feel bad but I guess that's because I know I will get straight back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a more successful day than me ! ! !

These things happen; focus instead on what a lovely day you had with your daughter..... I fully expect you to get back to 100% SS tomorrow and you know you'll do it, a shake nice and early then a walk perchance? Don't beat yourself up sweetie, you've done stunningly well so far and will continue to do so; based on some of the experiences of others WI on Tuesday might surprise you! Chin up and carry on xxx

Morning all,

I feel like " crap " this morning. Auntie Flo has arrived at last with a vengeance so looks like a lazy day for me !

No walk but I will indeed be 100%.
I have 2 weeks until my next weekend away and far rather have weight off than weight on !

I bought a couple of tops in Edinburgh yesterday and a new " going out / dressy " jacket which I hope to wear with my dress on NYE so I'm far from ready to throw in the towel.
I've always said Cambridge is about choice and yes yesterday I chose to have " food " with my daughter but The Dome is so blooming magical it's hard not to get carried away.
However as you have said today is a new day and the countdown is on for Glasgow with my hubby in 13 days time :)

Nice cozy day in, heating on full blast and my snuggle blanket on the sofa. I'm going go update my Xmas book and make notes of all the gifts I bought yesterday.

Over 1 ltr of water already so here's to a great day for us all :)

x x x x x

Hi Angel,

Glad you enjoyed some quality time with your daughter and you probably feel crap for a few reasons-guilt,having food and drink for the first time in ages and the dreaded TOTM.

Just put the "cheat" behind you-you'll be surprised,sometimes it just kick starts your metabolism again( that's what happened to me last week-I had a night off with my friends,tapas and wine-went straight back to Slim and Save on Sunday and lost 3lbs this week ( hadn't lost anything the week before).The thing is don't get into the vicious circle of guilt/eat/treat....I have no doubt you'll be straight back on it today-stay strong:)

Enjoy your rest day.

Hiya love, I'm sure yesterday won't have caused too much (if any) damage, as Bev said above I've read other diaries and they have still lost after falling off the wagon and let's face it one small blip will not stop you! Have a good day and hope TOTM takes it easy on you x

Thanks girls, it's a full on sofa day here :)

Couple of painkillers for the cramp but I'm sure I will be fine lol it's not like we don't go through it month after month :-(

Drinking my water and almost time for my 2nd shake x x

Hi Angel, quick Q, when you did the vibration plate last year what did you do on it and how long did you do each day? Hope you don't mind me asking but I don't know anyone else that's used one!
PS hope TOTM has worn off a bit and you're still taking it easy from the sofa!x

Well girls it's almost the end of the day and thankfully I've stayed 100%.

Not been easy at all today.
I have loads of social activities soon and it's a complete 50 /50 weather it's a good idea to try and keep on track or wait until Jan.
I know in my heart and In my head that I need to stay with it but bloody hormones are all over the place and I do feel as though I could cave at anytime. Thank god I can read posts / threads on here to keep me going ! ! !

I'm sure I will be ok again in a few days but why oh why do we put our selves through this ?

I am desperate for a boost but with auntie Flo just here and with my blip I know I don't get a boost this week.
I'm almost afraid to step on the scales which is kind of good as if there is any damage it should be gone by the time I'm brave enough to weigh again lol

Hopefully everyone will be doing better than me and fingers crossed normal service shall resume soon :) :)

Angel! Stop now! You're trying to justify stopping the diet which is insane! Read back through this thread and try and recapture your enthusiasm. Do you really want to startJanuary having put all the weight you've just lost back on? Or would you rather start January another Stone down?

Weekends away don't mean a diet write off when you have determination. Come on woman! You can do this. Don't cave - keep on keeping on. Dig deeper and remember why you started in the first place. Also remember that Cd does.not fair well with repeated attempts

Stick with it - I know you can

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Angel, we all have days like this but don't give up as you are doing so well! I've got nights/days out on the 7th,11th,21st and then it's Xmas so I'm really not looking forward to December at all, but I am planning on doing as close to SS+ as poss and I might even go up a step over xmas (not sure if thats strictly allowed tho!) anyway take it easy as I'm sure it's just hormones and tomorrow you'll be feeling brighter!x

hi angel

get over your weekend and see how you feel once your safely back in ketosis. i think you ll be unlikely to give up what you ve already lost. you ve got stuff going on which may be swaying your decision so id give yourself time to make sure this is def what you want to do

if however you are going to take a break can i suggest you go up to step 3 which which should at least stop any gains but as your not in ketosis your not having to go back and forth for your weekends off

really hope you decide to stick with it
jxx

Hi hun,
I really feel for you. I used to have very bad TOTM. VERY bad. I won't go into details about it but I just feel for you. (hugs)
As for your break off CWP for a day, what would you have been happy to sacrifice, 1lb or 2lb less in this week's loss, or sharing a memorable and special experience with your daughter which involved food and drink? The best experiences always involve food as far as I'm concerned. :) I remember when my ex and I were on CWP together about 7 years ago, he had a work function in a hotel 100's of miles away from home. He called me while they were having lunch. He was practically crying on the phone telling me how spectacular the food was, all the different dishes. Things he had never seen before, things he had always loved, things he wondered if he would ever get a chance to taste again. (I won't mention any dishes) I told him to just eat some and get back on track the next day. He decided not to eat. (He never listened to me) He had his tetra that was it. He suffered! Watching everyone eat, but he stayed strong. A few weeks later, he told me he regretted not eating. Till this day, he still regrets it. Eating on the plan now and again (not often) is not for everyone. It's hard to get back on straight after, but YOU can. So I'm far from worried and I don't need to give you any advice. I just hope you really enjoyed the meal. For me, If I really enjoyed the food, and the experience surrounding it, I don't feel like I cheated. I feel like I've lived my life, and sometimes, the diet goes on a brief 'pause' to make way for life. I am really looking forward to my break in 3 weeks. That is keeping me on track right now.
Feel better soon x

Angel,Gretagrip had given you the harsh talking to that only she can do well and that's what you need right now.( and Greta knows I'm her biggest fan so she won't take offence to that!).

Just stop-stop trying to justify coming off this plan in the lead up to Christmas because that's what you're trying to do-you know it's not worth it.So what that there are social events coming up to Christmas-it's one day really and the social events may be challenging but you have avoided all temptation before, just do it again.

I'm not going to advise different approaches-you know which approach works-it's flipping difficult but it's worth it.Don't cave in over 1 afternoon or you'll be back here again next year and as much as we like you on here,it'd be nice to say-remember Angel who did so fabulously well over Christmas 2013!!!!

Get back on the SS wagon,it works,you love the control and you want to feel better about yourself .

Lecture over?

Heh heh - no, there's no chance of me taking offence so fret not.

How you feeling now Angel? I'm not going to enable you and say ' never mind Hun ' because I know how much you want this. You either do SS or you don't.

As that small green thing in err Star Wars said ... ' do or do not. There is no try '

I quite like that one

Heh heh - no, there's no chance of me taking offence so fret not. How you feeling now Angel? I'm not going to enable you and say ' never mind Hun ' because I know how much you want this. You either do SS or you don't. As that small green thing in err Star Wars said ... ' do or do not. There is no try ' I quite like that one[/QUOTE

Feeling even worse :-(
It's all my own fault and your so right I'm either in or out I'm not a SS + kind if girl it is all or nothing with me and I do feel such a failure ( again )
This post isn't a looking for sympathy kind if post, you know I like and respect your direct approach.
I could bloody kick myself but can only wait and see what tomorrow brings.
Fingers crossed its a good start to the week.

Thanks for all your kind words girls, I think I will keep a low profile until I get my head back in the right place x x x

Okay, sweetie, you do that; a couple of early nights wouldn't go amiss either. My Consultant Gynaecologist recommends Ibuprofen to reduce the flow during TOTM (sorry for the tmi fellas, but us girls just have to share the tips and tricks of survival sometimes lol) and my GP concurs - would have been nice if someone shared the wonders of Nurofen with me twenty years ago! Apparently you dose yourself 3 times a day.... Call NHS Direct or your GP to confirm. Cuddle that hot water bottle when you can .... This too shall pass and you'll be steaming along on the 100% train (positivity and focus intact) in no time. I'll check in with you tomorrow, deep breath time my love. Now: Focus xxxx

Back