Day 1... = Difficult!!! Does it get better??

Hi,

Honestly I cant stress this enough, I originally started on the 25th of June and the first 3 days were the hardest ever, By day 3 I was ready to give it up and my partner was literally holding me back from the biscut cupboarD (No Joke) but by day 3 I used my little Ketostix and I was in ketosis and It felt great I felt full of energy strangley enough even though I was on a VLCD and by day 5 I actually forgot to have my evening shake!! Its great!

I never came off it because i was struggling I got a really large phone bill which I had to pay and couldn't pay for my products that week, And i was totally gutted! I lost 8lb in the first week and it was the best feeling ever! All this hunger is totally worth it when you see that loss !

xxxx

Omg I've lost 6lb this week!! Don't know where that came from as I've done nothing different but hey I'm not complaining!! Lost 1 and a1/2 stone in 4 weeks!! Feel great and that's really spurred me on. Here's to week 5!!

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Wow hun!! That's fantastic news!!!! :) :)

I've done a sneaky weigh as my CDC on holiday and I thinknive lost 4 or 5lbs... My scales are not that accurate but I'm happy!!!

Hi All, You are all doing so well.
I started well for two days then I got a broken tooth and my face the size of a football, work made me go to the dentist under protest :) have a bad phobia about them, so only had 1 litre of water for three days through a straw which was agony, I was doing so well, so tried a soft omelet with mushrooms and managed half, well an operation is planned for next tuesday for them to sedate me and remove my tooth, and have 4-5 stitches.
Well my face has gone a bit now and it does not hurt so much so I am back to a straw and had the banana shake for breckfast - wow its lovely my fav so far, but the summer fruit made me heave.
I sneeked a peek this morning and I lost 7lb's or 3.5 kilos, so pleased its been worth it to get back on it as I was in two minds, so glad I did, my official weigh in is on friday night.

Hi, I have been getting a lot of migraines as well, do they ease up?

Hi c45carol

Well done on your progress so far!!! :) with regards to the migraines, everyone is different! A few things worth trying... Increase your water intake to 3 or 4 litres, try to have your three meals at about the same time everyday with your bfast one being just after waking, getting ready etc...

For me nothing worked until I went onto SS+

Speak to your CDC, good luck xx

Hi C45carol I'm on day 11, I didn't start feeling better until day 5 but still had the odd headache. By day 8 I was completely back to normal and now feel fab. I know most people say 3-4 days and they felt fine but everyone is different.

It's so worth it though as I lost 12 lb in my first week.

Good luck x

Thanks Zimmum and well done to you, your out of the 3lb club!! Well we both are! So glad Ss+ is working for you.

Hi carol like Zimmum said everyone is different but I also seem to be getting headaches more but do fin getting plenty of sleep and water helps me.

Stick with it carol this diet really does work I never thought in a million years I could do this but I can, I am and I will reach my target weight x

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Gembo well done on your loss that's great news you must be so pleased with yourself! It seems like every week there's a different weight loss for us all! My CDC says as long as you keep losing don't worry if you don't get into a fixed/ steady amount every week! Have you managed to tell a difference in yourself yet? The only thing I've noticed is my trousers getting baggier and that's it so far!

Guys I've found that having a few SS+ days gets rid of my headaches... So it's great to know that I have that to fall back in times of need! I had 3 SS+ days and lost 9lbs for my week 5 weigh in which floored my CDD as it was higher than my first WI! didn't tell her that part though ;)

Hope everyone's enjoying the weather... For the short time it's here!

Hi all, I'm new to this site so would love any advice, I'm starting the Cambridge diet tomorrow (Friday 13 July 2012) I'm 12st 8lbs - 5ft 3, I want to lose 3 stone, I am going on hols at the end of August with my husband and 3 children and dont want to be trying to hide myself with all the inflatables as I walk to the pool! (this is what I do to hide my belly every year!!) so I want to be slimmer this year, what weight loss can I expect - I would love to get down to 11stone by the time I go on holiday but nor sure if this is realistic, I will post my weight loss every week - so please any advice you can give would be great! x

Hi miss positive! Great name!

If you stick to this diet you won't regret it and you will get results. Everybody is different regarding weight loss. I was 13 stone 10 when I started 4 weeks ago and I am now 12stone 3. I've lost 1 and 1/2 stone in 4 weeks. Doing sole source so three shakes a day and 3-4 litres of water a day. The water is key and it helps your weight loss and Kerbs your hunger.

The first few days will be hard, I found them very hard untill my body was in ketosis (that's when your in fat burning mode basically) once your there you will feel great and from then on the diet gets easier and your willpower gets stronger. I've not cheated once and I have had buffets, nights out in the pub, friends round for tea and going round friends houses etc. this is the only diet I have done and not cheated as normally my willpower is rubbish. Got my fifth weigh in tomorrow and can't wait to see what the scales say!

These forums are great to keep you motivated too, keep in touch and good luck!

Gem x

Well done shazzy shaz on your weight loss! Still j sure about having food just going to stay on shakes for as long as poss! Been alot more tempted with food this week do I have had to stay really focused!!

How are you getting on zimmum? x

Hi miss positive!

Most people get a big weight loss in their first week (most of which is water) and then get more consistent losses in the following weeks...

You may have read this before, Everyone is different so it is difficult to guess how much you will lose.however If you stick to plan and follow your CDCs advice you will definitely lose a fair bit before your holidays.

I started CD on the 9th of June, with a starting weight of 12st 1lb... I wanted to lose a stone by the end of june which my consultant was absolutely positive I'd manage to achieve!! To both of our surprise I only lost 3lb in my first week... I lost 3lbs again in my second and third week, this was on SS 100%. Since my 9lb loss, I have moved onto SS+ and am still continuing to lose weight! I know others who have lost between 7lb-11lbs in just their first week!!:)

Good luck with the diet!! The first few days are the hardest but it gets so much easier after a few days!! :) :)

Hi Gem!

This week has not been so great for me as its my totm week, So I have slipped up a couple of times and had a few sneaky pieces of chocolate, a biscuit or two and even had a Greggs pie yesterday but i have also been drinking lots n lots of water which I think is helping to flush it all out, or i hope at least!! Lol! I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm still losing the weight, v slowly of course! But am happy with that, it's not like I was losing it any faster on SS! I am finding SS+ so much better for my body! No headaches at all :) I am not doing a strict SS+ diet as I am not having the three shakes and meal! I cut out one or two shakes depending on how I feel as I get too full up!!

Good luck on you weigh in tomorrow!! Xx

That's great, it sounds like your getting on fine ss+, good luck with your weigh in too, will let you know how I get on tomorrow x x

Oh thanks for replying, I have been on so many diets but end up gaining more weight, I am heavier now than what I was full term pregnant!! I am feeling possitive and I really want to get this weight off, I would love to get to 11st by my hols so I will have to stick to this diet with no cheating, with my weight currently at 12 st 8 what weight loss can I expect in the first few weeks, I would love to have a big weight loss as I know this will keep me motivated!! Im going to see my consultant at 10am in the morning so I'm going to have a coffee for breakfast then I'll have my shake, I'm going for the sole plan (only 3-4 shakes a day plan) I'm thinking this would be best to start with. How did you manage with the not eating? I'm just going to get loads of sparking water and drink lots as this will fill me up and I've just started my first book of 50 Shades of Grey so this should take my mind off the not eating! lol

Please keep in touch as these stories will really keep me motivated, thanks guys,xx

The weight loss will keep you motivated. In the first week take it day by day, concertrate on doing the diet for that day only. The first week is hard, but after that it gets easier.

On day one and day two I never even thought I would get to my weigh in day. By day three I was in ketosis. Asked your consultant for some ketostix or wee sticks as my consultant calls them! Then you will know if you are in ketosis and you won't wAnt to eat anything in case it brings you out if ketosis. I never thought in a million years I would if ever get to the end of week five but I have and in sure I can keep going until I get to my target

Everyone's week one loss is different, try not to compare your weigh ins to other peoples, I lost 9lbs some people lose more and some people loss less.

You will do great stay focused and motivated and you will achieve what you want to achieve x x

I will stay motivated and I'll ask for those sticks as you say once I see that Im in ketosis I wont want to eat, I'm not going to let anyone at work or anyone else now that I'm on this diet - going to keep it to myself and wait for them to mention my weight loss!!! I just want a consistent weight loss - you have done really well congratulations,

Going to beat this weight problem once and for all! thanks again, I will post over the weekend to let you all know how my first few days are going! xx

Lost 4lb this week had my fifth weigh in, really pleased.

How have you got on zimmum with doing sole spurce+? x x

I haven't had my products yet my consultant had to cancel so I have asked if I can collect them over he weekend I really want to start! will let you know how I get on, good luck to all of you on the diet, xx

Back