Day 1... = Difficult!!! Does it get better??

How are you feeling today? If your not in ketosis today you will be very soon. x

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Hii, I'm feeling good today :) its nice waking up and not feeling hungry for once! I'm not finding it as difficult as I thought it would be. How do you know your in ketosis without using the sticks? Do you just not feel hungry at all? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The day i went into ketosis I felt great, didn't feel hungry, had loads of energy and felt brilliant. U've got over the worst now and you just need to stay focused, how much weight do you want to lose? x

I feel so so focused, i weighed myself today because i couldn't help myself and I've lost 8 pounds since sunday. Its mental. Ive got 3 stone to loose. I can't wait to fit into my old clothes instead of living in leggings all the time! What stage are you on at the moment? Have you got much more to loose? x

Wow that's amazing I lost 9lb in my first week! I bet you feel great. I'm about half way now, lost 2st 1lb in total, want to lose 4 stone so another 1st 13lbs to go! Will be having my 8th weigh in on Friday!

What shakes etc are you having?

Gem x

Yeaa I'm pretty chuffed :) Hoping ill have lost a stone by my weigh in on saturday. Thats great well done :) Have you had an slip up's?
Theres only 4 shakes that i like, vanilla, banana, mint choc and chocolate. Ive been having a cold one in the morning and then a warm one at night. I was surprised by how nice they taste!
Theres only 2 soups I'm having because I'm a veggie and don't like tomato soup or anything spicy. The vegetable one is much nicer than the leek and potato but I'm sticking with leek so i don't get sick of the same one every day. I tried the porridge but it made me feel so sick so I'm staying clear of them! What products are you using? x

No slip ups, did 6 weeks 100% and then had a meal out and was reasonably good and lost two that week which I was chuffed with. Got a busy August so don't know how I will do, going away for a week, London for two days and another meal out. Gutted really as would love to stick to it for another 6 weeks solid but hey there's always September!

I only like the cappuccino shake and strawberry shake and the chocolate velvet briks. Tried the peanut bar last week that wasn't too bad do might have a few of them this week. I hated all the soups and didn't like any of the shakes warm but once I found what I liked it was great x

Thats brill :) Aslong as you stick with healthy options I'm sure you'll still loose a good amount :) Do you find it difficult being restricted to only a few products and not getting bored? I tried the chocolate mint bar yesterday but ended up giving it my boyfriend because it tasted like crap lol Ive been nervous each time I've been trying a new flavour. But luckily I've liked all the things i got from my consultant apart from the porridges. I was worried i was only going to like a few of the products but I'm glad I've got a good mixture so i don't get too bored. Im one of them people who gets bored really easily!
Have you been doing much exercise since you started? x

No don't worry about getting bored some weeks I've only had the chocolate briks for all three meals. I do worry about trying other things and I just stick to what I like now.

I haven't done any excercise as my consultant had to me not too, and been having good weight loses so dont want to do anything that may jeopardise that. What about u? x

Ive asked a few people on here advice on exercise and they told me that if i was active before then it probably wouldn't harm me. But i was only going the gym once a week. Im going to go on thursday but just do 15 minutes walking on the treadmill. It probably won't effect my loss but i want to maintain the gym even if its only 15 minutes. After a few weeks i might start running again on the treadmill as I'm trying to increase the time i can run for. If it makes me feel funny then i'll just have to stop because i don't want to make myself ill.
Have you had many people trying to lecture you about the diet? I was telling my friend about the diet on Facebook and one of my other friends commented on it saying i was stupid for consuming so little calories and that i was doing more harm to my body than good. It really annoyed me. x

Gembo82 said:
Wow that's amazing I lost 9lb in my first week! I bet you feel great. I'm about half way now, lost 2st 1lb in total, want to lose 4 stone so another 1st 13lbs to go! Will be having my 8th weigh in on Friday!

What shakes etc are you having?

Gem x

Just read your posts, congratulations, you have done very well. I am restarting tomorrow and will follow you for motivation!

Maggie38 said:
Just read your posts, congratulations, you have done very well. I am restarting tomorrow and will follow you for motivation!

Thanks that's made me feel great! How long did you do Cambridge before? This is my first time x

Veggiebabe said:
Ive asked a few people on here advice on exercise and they told me that if i was active before then it probably wouldn't harm me. But i was only going the gym once a week. Im going to go on thursday but just do 15 minutes walking on the treadmill. It probably won't effect my loss but i want to maintain the gym even if its only 15 minutes. After a few weeks i might start running again on the treadmill as I'm trying to increase the time i can run for. If it makes me feel funny then i'll just have to stop because i don't want to make myself ill.
Have you had many people trying to lecture you about the diet? I was telling my friend about the diet on Facebook and one of my other friends commented on it saying i was stupid for consuming so little calories and that i was doing more harm to my body than good. It really annoyed me. x

Ive been carefully who I've told if that makes sense. But I'm quite strong headed so the people that tell me it won't work or you'll pile the weight back just makes me more determined to prove them wrong. Take what they say with a pinch of salt and unless they've tried it for themselves it's difficult for them to understand why it works. I've always had a poor relationship with food and other diets where as this is stripping me right back and when I move up the steps it will re-educate me into how to eat properly and that's what I need. Others my not realise the psychology behind the diet which is what is needed to gain long term results

Gem x

Thats exactly how i feel about it. Nobody knows how i feel about my body and the way i look. Nothing anybody can say is going to change my mind about this diet. Ive seen what an amazing job its done on my friend.
On a side note, i had a dream last night that i was eating chocolate :( its all I've been able to think about today! x

Gembo82 said:
Thanks that's made me feel great! How long did you do Cambridge before? This is my first time x

Hi Gembo, I only stuck to the diet for two weeks in march and have been off the wagon ever since. I have been struggling to get focused.I am so encouraged by your success. I too need to loose 4 st. I would love to loose the first 2st in the amount of time that you have. Only way to do that is to get started and stay on track, lol. So far 100% today.

Well done on your losses I'm on week 14 and 4st lighter still got 4st13 to go hopefully be there before December

I was so sure that this diet wouldn't work for me, what with all the random weight losses every week rather than steady ones, but I've just got back from my 8th WI and in exactly two months I have managed to shift 3 stone of fat from my body!!! (only another whopping 5 stone left :( !!!) I'm absolutely gob smacked! I remember starting day one and reading about all these amazing people on here, and all thier amazing weight losses and never dreamed that one day I would be able to say I lost a good amount in s relativley short space of time.... and with no excersie too! I've been eager to start excerise on the plan, but people keep mentioning how it can slow/have no impact on your losses, so it's abit confusing! I booked at boot camp months ago pre-cambridge and i go on Monday.... to say I'm nervous is an understatement! I'm more nervous about eating carbs than the insane exercise!! Harassed mother that's an epic amount of weight! well done lady! :D
Ive been carefully who I've told if that makes sense. But I'm quite strong headed so the people that tell me it won't work or you'll pile the weight back just makes me more determined to prove them wrong. Take what they say with a pinch of salt and unless they've tried it for themselves it's difficult for them to understand why it works. I've always had a poor relationship with food and other diets where as this is stripping me right back and when I move up the steps it will re-educate me into how to eat properly and that's what I need. Others my not realise the psychology behind the diet which is what is needed to gain long term results
I think I'm going to poach this Gembo82 as i get this all the time from those few people who I've told... one of who did LL and whacked the weight all back on as she came off plan at New Year's and binged on carbs/ alcohol and then was upset at the weight she's re-gained! I fee like this won't happen to me as I've learnt so much about my cravings/ why i ate! It's great to see you doing so well lady!! :D

shazzy_shaz said:
I was so sure that this diet wouldn't work for me, what with all the random weight losses every week rather than steady ones, but I've just got back from my 8th WI and in exactly two months I have managed to shift 3 stone of fat from my body!!! (only another whopping 5 stone left :( !!!) I'm absolutely gob smacked! I remember starting day one and reading about all these amazing people on here, and all thier amazing weight losses and never dreamed that one day I would be able to say I lost a good amount in s relativley short space of time.... and with no excersie too! I've been eager to start excerise on the plan, but people keep mentioning how it can slow/have no impact on your losses, so it's abit confusing! I booked at boot camp months ago pre-cambridge and i go on Monday.... to say I'm nervous is an understatement! I'm more nervous about eating carbs than the insane exercise!! Harassed mother that's an epic amount of weight! well done lady! :D I think I'm going to poach this Gembo82 as i get this all the time from those few people who I've told... one of who did LL and whacked the weight all back on as she came off plan at New Year's and binged on carbs/ alcohol and then was upset at the weight she's re-gained! I fee like this won't happen to me as I've learnt so much about my cravings/ why i ate! It's great to see you doing so well lady!! :D

Thank. Bu your losses are ammaaaaazing too :) I'm like u still almost 5 st to lose but will get their I'm determined I love this diet even though it's hard it's worth it

Thank. Bu your losses are ammaaaaazing too :) I'm like u still almost 5 st to lose but will get their I'm determined I love this diet even though it's hard it's worth it

Awwww Thankyou *blushes* we will get there! I love thus diet, although it has bought out a smugness in me i didn't know was there as I'm finding myself sometimes reading one of my old uni friends whose lost alot of weight with slimming world, she lost 5 stone 8lbs in a year which is good but she just keeps boasting and posting photos of herself and generally rubbing people's noses in it and why not but I'm quietly waiting until I've lost my six stone before i say something to her! which isn't like me at all but the rate im currently losing hopefully it'll be in half her time :D ! I've already 'converted' two of my friends to CD!

shazzy_shaz said:
Awwww Thankyou *blushes* we will get there! I love thus diet, although it has bought out a smugness in me i didn't know was there as I'm finding myself sometimes reading one of my old uni friends whose lost alot of weight with slimming world, she lost 5 stone 8lbs in a year which is good but she just keeps boasting and posting photos of herself and generally rubbing people's noses in it and why not but I'm quietly waiting until I've lost my six stone before i say something to her! which isn't like me at all but the rate im currently losing hopefully it'll be in half her time :D ! I've already 'converted' two of my friends to CD!

Hahaha love it I'm the same but with girls in work who made the snide comments about me putting it all back on when I finish although I'm 4st lighter and they still overweight and eating crap I will be the one laughing when I look better than them at the Xmas night out :)

Back