Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Day 1 - Done!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by JanBow, 29 March 2010 Social URL.

1. JanBow

JanBow Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I can't see me wanting to eat anything else before I go to bed, so that's me done for today.

It's not been a bad day at all, certainly doesn't feel like being on a diet, I made a MiM after lunch and couldn't eat it all, I was so full and didn't want anything else to eat until we had dinner at 7. My "danger" time is always late afternoon, that's when I usually go on my snack attack, but I just wasn't interested and that's so not me!

Eating fatty foods (i.e butter, cream etc) is going to take a bit of getting used to, I've had a greasy feeling in my mouth all day, and the meals have felt really naughty. I've got the butter out of the fridge a few times today, along with the cream and it all felt so wrong, I think it will take a while to get my head around that again after eating low-fat for so long.

I was really tired this afternoon, just totally flaked out and snoozed for almost an hour, which I don't normally do, so I don't know if it's just my body adjusting to this new regime already, although I was late to bed last night - see how I feel tomorrow I guess. Also been a bit headachey, the old carb withdrawal as I really blew out on the carbs this weekend :p

So this is what I've had today

B - 3 eggs scrambled & fried mushrooms (in butter - how decadent!)
    L - King prawns with a mug and a half of salad - mostly leaves, a baby courgette, some mushrooms and a tbl of salad dressing (checked the label)
    D - Two ΒΌ pounders with bacon & cheese and salad same as lunchtime - yummy.
    S - made a cocoa MiM as I really fancied something sweet this afters (have a sweet tooth - my downfall) but could only manage 3/4 of it, so filling but very nice, oh and I had a bit of dbl cream on top.

Other than that, lots of water, cups of black tea & 1 filter coffee (not decaff though!) with some single cream.

Does that all sound ok, I haven't counted the carbs but I've stayed to what it says in the book, other than the MiM and I don't think that will have put me over.

Roll on Day 2 :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. woof

woof Alway see the love x

Hi JB.

Looks like u have had a good eating day hunni....

Hope 2m is just as good for you......

Woofy X

4. JanBow

JanBow Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thanks Woofy, it's lovely to feel so full & satisfied after a day of dieting LOL - it doesn't normally feel this good, I usually go to bed hungry knowing I'll wake up even hungrier!

Why did it take me so long to try this again - I must have been mad LOL :rolleyes:

5. jennybeth79

jennybeth79 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Your day looks much better food wise than my day I really wasnt very planned and while I was out hubby ate the food I had in boo hoo

6. JanBow

JanBow Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Oh no - you need to train him better than that! ;)

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Looks agood day to me Jan, watch out for the Atkins flu though. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.