Day 1 - I think! HELP!

<3_my_cat_x

Hi all,

I started CD today - I think :eek:. I am getting married on 20th July and would love to lose around 2.5 - 3 stone by then. I have two hen does - one a weekend and one just a night - I have about 5 clear weeks until the first one tho. I am actually getting off to a bad start as I was planning on starting on Monday and then I woke up this morning and thought what am I actually waiting for? July 20th is getting closer and closer and I need to get a move on. So I text my consultant and asked her if she could meet this morn instead so I could start today - she kindly was able to and I started today. So far I have had just a maple and pecan porridge. It was ok - not great but not bad either! Anyway, I am sat here thinking maybe I should just start tomorrow instead and get it out of my system - I had convinced myself I was starting Monday and was looking forward to the weekend and so now I feel deprived altho it was my decision to start early! I'm rambling sorry! I text my consultant and she says maybe I should get it out of my system and start tomorrow but I just don't know what to do! Should I just keep going - seize the day!? Or should I start tomorrow? :( I'm craving all sorts of things I thought I would have this weekend before starting and now I can't stop thinking about food! I have been on and off a VLCD (Slim and Save) since November so I am used to doing a diet like this (altho cambridge is less cals) and I normally don't crave stuff on the very first day! I feel pathetic! :cry:This makes me think I should start tomorrow and just get this out of my system gaaah :(

Anyway, any advice would be great! Thanks for reading my rambling! :eek:

X

Keep going. You have started now, why ruin it. You don't want to spend the next few weeks 'starting tomorrow' and believe me that can happen. Whichever day you start on it will be a difficult few days, but the first four are the worst and then it becomes OK. The other thing is if you start on Monday you are likely to binge (all of a sudden you want to eat everything as you may not be eating again for a few months), and that makes it harder to get into ketosis.

Well done on the losses you have had so far. Stick with it.

Stick with it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Chlo. I appreciate it. As you probably guessed from my silence I didn't stick with it yesterday and I'm glad that I allowed myself yesterday to prepare myself for starting as I hadn't actually planned on starting yesterday but actually Monday so I wasn't ready and this is still a day early isn't it! I am going to start a diary now... excited to start!!

x

Back