Day 1 - nervous!

Jadeypops

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...I hope!

Got on the scales and was shocked by how much I had actually put on. Definitley have 4 stone to lose but aiming for 5.

My packs arent arriving for another couple of hours but i'm not a big eater in the morning so have been fine with water and coffee this morning.

I'm just really nervous about how I am going to get on. I have not told people at work what I am doing, but think I will be able to dodge any questions about why I'm not eating food. Not got much support from anyone. My partner thinks its a stupid idea (although he has the body of an athlete and never struggled with his weight) and my parents are the same. But I am determined to do this. I think as long as they see I am ok then they will change their minds. Not looking forward to teatime later. Will be cooking my partners tea, just need to change my routine I suppose. It sounds like the first few days can be pretty rough. I am pretty stubborn so am hoping I will do ok. This site is great, it has really motivated me hearing other people's stories and fingers crossed I will be able to inspire others with my own weight loss story eventually.

Overall excited but nervous!

good luck :) it will be hard at times but worth it in the end.

good luck :) it will be hard at times but worth it in the end.

Thanks procrastination!

Have had my delivery to work at lunchtime...just had a bar as I was worried what the smell of the soup would be like in the office. At least I will be more prepared tomorrow. Seem to be doing ok. I think it will be tonight at home that will be the difficult part for me.

I just did my body fat at work over lunch...jesus it was 47%! If that doesn't spur me on to lose weight then I don't know what will. I checked by blood pressure and have done all my body measurements. I think that in my head I will always be fat so I need to see hard evidence from the scales and tape measure!!

Welcome to the forum J. It's amazing how many people question this type of diet. I tell myself its only because they don't understand how it works or why some of us need such a regimented style of weight loss. Don't let it put you off though. Just do your own thing at work & eventually people will let you get on with it. Remember why you are doing it & how good it feels to see the weight coming off. Good luck x

Thank you Susie. Such great words of advice. I am trying to stay strong and take it each day at a time. I know it will all be worth it in the end. All the weight is not good for me so making the change is nothing but positive. At least I have support on here which is really helping me xx

Back