Day 1. New to the CD diet. excited and nervous all in one go!!

Look at how much you have lost, and your BMI has come down in such a massive amount, you must be so proud of what you have achieved. You have done so well, I hope I can do that well too.

Heymrs s love the name LOL I'm on day 6 day 1 was a bit difficult felt tired n hungry late on in the day just went 2 bed n woke up next day fine n 2 b honest feel the same now alive n more energy loving the diet stick at it youwill gofar Hun x ps a lifesaver tip I picked up was 2 get a blender as sum shakes were vile if I didntstir them properly also crush a bit ice in tasteslikw mcdonalds milkshake mmmmmm good luck x

Hi Mrs S - literally just into my second week and lost 11lbs in first. Like someone else said, the first weeks' loss really spurs you on. I am 0.8lbs away from getting into the 13's.
Only a year ago I was topping 16stone, so know how it feels. I faffed around with various diets but never dropped below 14.5stone until Cambridge.
It does work and it will drop off. You're doing great on the water. Coffee and tea (black) also helps as I find a warm drink makes my belly feel full. Good luck - you'll go great!

Hello Mrs S :)

I'm on day 9 and loving it! I lost 10 3/4 lbs in the first week!!! So happy! It does sound like you are in ketosis already but if you want to double-check you can buy some sticks called Ketosticks from your chemist or from your CDC. They cost just under £5 for a bottle which has 50 sticks. You wee on the stick and it changes colour, you then compare the colour to a chart on the bottle and it tells you whether you are in ketosis. I did this and it gave me a great big boost to know that I was definitely there. Well worth the money!

I didn't find the first few days as difficult as most people but everyone is different. It took me about a week to stop thinking about food all the time. Previously it had taken up such a large proportion of my life that I suddenly found myself with time on my hands.

I really recommend keeping a diary or blog of some kind to refer back to. I write a journal each evening and already it's interesting to read back to the first few days. I also record a video diary and the link to it is below if you want a peek.

And keep on drinking that water lol, it makes such a difference and reduces the hunger. It also helps with headaches etc.

Before starting the CD I had zero energy and it was all I could do to get through the day looking after my little girl (15 months old). Now however, I have got the feel-good factor and tons of energy...it does ebb a bit when I am due a shake but as soon as I've had it I feel fab again.

Anyway I'm waffling now lol, welcome to the forum, being here has made such a difference to me, there is a wealth of knowledge and so much support. You are not alone, I weighed 21stone 11lbs at the start and just one week later I weigh 21stone (and 1/4lb) so when I get weighed again on Thursday I will already been down into the next stone...YAY!

Good luck with it :D

Hi Mrs S....,

What a great introduction to you, I feel I know you so well.

This is my first day and am just about to have my second shake. I hope we and the other newbies can do this hand in hand and keep each other on the straight and narrow together. I am just over 17 stone and have an absolute immense amount of weight to lose and I'm just not thinking of the whole amount. I just want to lose a stone, then another one and so on......

Have a good day today.

xxx

Hi, how you getting on today mrsm, I love this thread, so supportive and hi to latina inglesa. I watched your video diary, really enjoyed it, your so open and honest.
Well Im on day 3 today and I must admit Im finding it tough, Im not hungry I just want to eat. I have been gardening but finding it difficult as I feel weak today and very tired.
I want to sit in my garden and have a cold beer and a big fat burger in the sunshine but I guess thats what got me in this mess in the first place................
I just want to stick to this, I need too but sometimes the thought of how much weight I have too loose overwhelms me....... anyway good luck to you mrsm, come and update us again soon.

Hi Mrs S :) :)
That was a fabulous introduction!! So honest, and raw. I feel like I know you already!
I'm on day 4, went into ketosis yesterday, and currently weigh 24st 2lb. At least, I did on Tuesday night! You've no idea how long it has taken me to be able to type that number without crying. I can remember just before Christmas I was 20st 4lb and i was mortified... now i know its going to be weeks before i even get back to there..and i hated it there! The last 4 months have been very difficult for me with one thing and another, but now im here tackling my issues and feeling so empowered, so much better psychologically, and there is no doubt in my mind that this is the time I will succeed. I believe you will too. Consider my metaphorical hand holding yours. You can do this XX

Hi, how you getting on today mrsm, I love this thread, so supportive and hi to latina inglesa. I watched your video diary, really enjoyed it, your so open and honest.
Well Im on day 3 today and I must admit Im finding it tough, Im not hungry I just want to eat. I have been gardening but finding it difficult as I feel weak today and very tired.
I want to sit in my garden and have a cold beer and a big fat burger in the sunshine but I guess thats what got me in this mess in the first place................
I just want to stick to this, I need too but sometimes the thought of how much weight I have too loose overwhelms me....... anyway good luck to you mrsm, come and update us again soon.

I'm doing well. Day 3 for me today and have been 100% so far. I've had black coffee this morning and am waiting till around 10am for my first shake of the day. I don't know what flavour yet, any suggestions? I am feeling hungry (I don't know if I am truely hungry or if it's all in my head..) and my stomache is rumbling like crazy. Today is going to be difficult as its Sunday and because I am Welsh (been brought up in the valleys and always every Sunday had a Sunday lunch without fail in 90 degrees summers.) and traditionally a Sunday Roast means at least 1 nutritious meal a week And I can't have it for the first time in a long time. will I manage? At least no-one else in my house is having a sunday roast becasue if I don't make it then it wont get made and plus my daughter is extatic at the thought of no Sunday lunch today.....I will be brave and strong. I'm not leaving the house today for the risk of smelling gorgous gravy and tasty roast tatws. Anyway enough of that talk now back to 100% Is days 3/4/5 the worst days? I have chronic dry mouth today, I have done a ketosis test and it shows light pink, I think +15? but I am aiming for purple right? how long does it take to get to purple?

Opps look I am waffling again. I can'e help it sometimes, I think DH is getting a bit tired of talking Ketosis with me......:eek:

Must dash quickly need a pee, brb.

Heymrs s love the name LOL I'm on day 6 day 1 was a bit difficult felt tired n hungry late on in the day just went 2 bed n woke up next day fine n 2 b honest feel the same now alive n more energy loving the diet stick at it youwill gofar Hun x ps a lifesaver tip I picked up was 2 get a blender as sum shakes were vile if I didntstir them properly also crush a bit ice in tasteslikw mcdonalds milkshake mmmmmm good luck x

How you doing today cooky? I hope you are doing ok. I am going to try to try the crushed ice in my shake today as I bought a blender yesterday as I too couldn't whisk the shakes up well......!

Hi Mrs S - literally just into my second week and lost 11lbs in first. Like someone else said, the first weeks' loss really spurs you on. I am 0.8lbs away from getting into the 13's.
Only a year ago I was topping 16stone, so know how it feels. I faffed around with various diets but never dropped below 14.5stone until Cambridge.
It does work and it will drop off. You're doing great on the water. Coffee and tea (black) also helps as I find a warm drink makes my belly feel full. Good luck - you'll go great!

Hey!!! 11lb in the first week I hope I can do half as well as that. You are doing so well, how is the second week going for you?

Hello Mrs S :)

I'm on day 9 and loving it! I lost 10 3/4 lbs in the first week!!! So happy! It does sound like you are in ketosis already but if you want to double-check you can buy some sticks called Ketosticks from your chemist or from your CDC. They cost just under £5 for a bottle which has 50 sticks. You wee on the stick and it changes colour, you then compare the colour to a chart on the bottle and it tells you whether you are in ketosis. I did this and it gave me a great big boost to know that I was definitely there. Well worth the money!

I didn't find the first few days as difficult as most people but everyone is different. It took me about a week to stop thinking about food all the time. Previously it had taken up such a large proportion of my life that I suddenly found myself with time on my hands.

I really recommend keeping a diary or blog of some kind to refer back to. I write a journal each evening and already it's interesting to read back to the first few days. I also record a video diary and the link to it is below if you want a peek.

And keep on drinking that water lol, it makes such a difference and reduces the hunger. It also helps with headaches etc.

Before starting the CD I had zero energy and it was all I could do to get through the day looking after my little girl (15 months old). Now however, I have got the feel-good factor and tons of energy...it does ebb a bit when I am due a shake but as soon as I've had it I feel fab again.

Anyway I'm waffling now lol, welcome to the forum, being here has made such a difference to me, there is a wealth of knowledge and so much support. You are not alone, I weighed 21stone 11lbs at the start and just one week later I weigh 21stone (and 1/4lb) so when I get weighed again on Thursday I will already been down into the next stone...YAY!

Good luck with it :D

:D I sent DH out to get me some sticks and they say ketosis + (light pink) but I need to get into purple right?

I must admit to nearly putting sugar in my black coffee this morning just out of habit mainly. And puerly out of habit I looked at the jacket potato oven baked for 2n half hours and thought....just one mouthful? but I knew that would have been fatal so I refrained and moved on. Do you know what? I drunk 4 hard liters of water yesterday and nearly drown myself with thr amount, I had to change out of my jeans to put on my jamas, otherwise I feared wearing my zip out because I went to the toilet so much. "the more you drink the more you shrink" and all that.....

Well I hope you have a good day today. Speak to you soon.

Ohh also ment to say, I watched your you tube blog too, well done you! I considered doing one myself but my confidence on how i look is not there yet but you look smashing! keep it up and I will keep watching and supporting you!

Hi Mrs S....,

What a great introduction to you, I feel I know you so well.

This is my first day and am just about to have my second shake. I hope we and the other newbies can do this hand in hand and keep each other on the straight and narrow together. I am just over 17 stone and have an absolute immense amount of weight to lose and I'm just not thinking of the whole amount. I just want to lose a stone, then another one and so on......

Have a good day today.

xxx

Hello:D

I think you are right in not thinking about the amount of weight you have to lose and just taking it stone by stone, I know how much i'd like to weigh but I am not thinking about it. Just like you taking every loss as a loss and a step closer to my goal.

Hi Mrs S :) :)
That was a fabulous introduction!! So honest, and raw. I feel like I know you already!
I'm on day 4, went into ketosis yesterday, and currently weigh 24st 2lb. At least, I did on Tuesday night! You've no idea how long it has taken me to be able to type that number without crying. I can remember just before Christmas I was 20st 4lb and i was mortified... now i know its going to be weeks before i even get back to there..and i hated it there! The last 4 months have been very difficult for me with one thing and another, but now im here tackling my issues and feeling so empowered, so much better psychologically, and there is no doubt in my mind that this is the time I will succeed. I believe you will too. Consider my metaphorical hand holding yours. You can do this XX

Hiya :D:p

It's great that you are tackling your issues and a feeling so much better. I think from my experience that alot of people with weight issues will ignore the fact from themselves that they are overweight. I know I am overwight and I could see I am overweight but I ignored it for 4 years and for that time I kept putting more and more weight on and ignoring it even more until the fact that I am 16stone lightbulbed in my head and I cried for about 3 weeks solid.

You have a lot of determination there and its that that will get you what you to your goal. Keep strong. You can do it! xxxx

Hello Mrs Scoff, TR and others,

I'm on day 3 so wanted to say hi and offer my hand in support on the CD journey (plus, I'm sure I'll be needing to grab hands myself at various points!!:D

TR I am definitely with you on the 'stone by stone' approach. I am over 20 stone and can't think (for any length of time!) about how much I have to lose. I left my goal weight and date on my profile blank because of that as I am really just taking it a stone at a time. I'm also not sure what weight I really want to be as I've been so overweight for so long, I'm not sure what it looks like to be 12 stone or 11... I guess my real goal at this point would be to fit into size 16s. Maybe when I get there, I'll want to be in 14s or even 12s (eek!) but I'm staying realistic for now! lol

Anyway, will stop rambling. Good to be with you all.

Happy Sunday!
T x

Hi, i started the cd on the 7 march 09 and i lost now around 25lb i feel great but isnt easy as i have to cook everyday and shopping for my little family but i m use to it now and juste say to myself it will be over one day. So just want to say good luck to all cd dieters.

Day four.

Last night was a bit of a mission for me, Even though I'm not actually cooking at the moment obviously DH and DD have to eat....... Last night they had lovley american french fries with poppin bites (vegiterian soya joking chicken pieces) and FISH FINGER SARNIES for DH. They all smelled sooooooooooo god damn gorgeous. anyway I didn't have any but it did put me in a mood with myself because I sat here and said to myself. "look if you hadn't had got so fat in the first place then you wouldn't be doing this." which got me in even more of a bad mood. So my mission today is to get through day 4 but in a better mood. It doesn't help that I haven't left the house since Saturday morning! I will today!! I think a trip to Sainsburys is in order for DD packed lunch for school.

Just having a black coffee now. (I don't like it without sugar but I better get used to it) then a shake about 10ish. I think I will go for a walk then a light walk so thats me for the day, obviously I have other things to do aswell.... Tea time is going to be a struggle aswell I fancy so we shall see how today pans out. I will report back later

P.S am writing in this thread everyday so I can reflect back through my journey and see how I get on or not maybe?

If anyone is reading this I hope you are doing well in your weightloss journey and remember the more you drink the more you shrink, lol

Hello Mrs Scoff, TR and others,

I'm on day 3 so wanted to say hi and offer my hand in support on the CD journey (plus, I'm sure I'll be needing to grab hands myself at various points!!:D

TR I am definitely with you on the 'stone by stone' approach. I am over 20 stone and can't think (for any length of time!) about how much I have to lose. I left my goal weight and date on my profile blank because of that as I am really just taking it a stone at a time. I'm also not sure what weight I really want to be as I've been so overweight for so long, I'm not sure what it looks like to be 12 stone or 11... I guess my real goal at this point would be to fit into size 16s. Maybe when I get there, I'll want to be in 14s or even 12s (eek!) but I'm staying realistic for now! lol

Anyway, will stop rambling. Good to be with you all.

Happy Sunday!
T x

Thelma, can I hold your hand tight today lol, I fancy I will be in for a hell of a ride and will need some support.

Hi, i started the cd on the 7 march 09 and i lost now around 25lb i feel great but isnt easy as i have to cook everyday and shopping for my little family but i m use to it now and juste say to myself it will be over one day. So just want to say good luck to all cd dieters.

You are doing soooo well, I can't wait to be a few weeks down the line and know how much weight I have lost. I just hope I don't succome to temptation. Had to ask DD to move her sweets from me last night as she was joyfully chomping....:cry:

2 hands to hold for Mrs S!!!

Hey, Mrs S,
Keep strong! You're doing great! I had my first visit to Sainsbugs on Sat and it wasn't terrible, but was glad to get out! lol

I'm off work today so will be popping on and off of here throughout the day (most probably when I should be doing chores of some sort!) - let's make sure we catch up.

Keep focussed - I can if you can (and vice versa!). You deserve to be the woman you want to be and don't let any sabotage attempts by Sainsburys win! :hug99:
xx

Back