Day 1 of W8

Hi all, I have been lurking for a while, and trying to restart Lipotrim recently several times after going from 30st to 26st in 9 weeks in late 2006 on Lipotrim, then low carbing with food down to 19st 7lb by August 2007.

Then I started to introduce fruit and other foods with carbs and that was my downfall and I have gone up to 24st.

Someone recommended W8 to me and I have started today with their online programme, being weighed by my GP practice nurse fortnightly.

I was 24st this morning and just ate the Spag Bol pack for lunch which was tasty, with lots of flavour. I hope this works as being 24st and 54 years old is obviously not good. I am going to be weighed by the practice nurse fortnightly as I feel weekly weigh-ins are not a good idea.

If W8 does not work I may have to go down the sleeve gastrectomy route or bypass if I could get my BMI below 50. I don't want surgery which is why W8 must work. I may not log in here as much as i would like, but will try to as much as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Minimins :wavey: and congratulations on your previous success. Looking forward to sharing your journey with you.

Hello Diary Diva

You sound pretty motivated. I am hoping to start the diet today as well if my packs arrive today. I sign up online also. I am pretty sure it will work for you. since it has worked for so many other. So just stay positive.

Day 3 and I have been having 3 packs and a chicken and brussel sprouts meal, or eggs and cucumber. I know it's naughty but it's filling and because of the low carbs will take me into the ketosis zone without the hunger associated with going into ketosis. Once I am in ketosis, which is a natural way of supressing the appetite, I will go on 4 packs a day. I had a massive amount of carbs the night before I started - don't ask!!! - so it may take several days for me to reach ketosis. I tried to reduce my carbs in readiness, but I seemed to be eating more than ever - some psychology in that but not sure what!

Nope, no good, I have given up on the 4th day. I am going back to calorie counting. To those of you on total meal replacements, I take my hat off to you. Don't give up because restarting is so very difficult.

Back