Day 1 of Whole30 :)

McGlynn62

Hey everyone, I'm new to this - have been attempting(!) slimming world prior to this but been unsuccessful....as always!

Anyway, on a positive note today is my first day of doing the Whole30 :) it might sound daft but as I'm sitting here with my breakfast (water, strawberries and eggs), I feel unbelievably calm and peaceful. Strange but I just feel like this is what I've been searching for after trying a million diets and lifestyle choices...lets hope it last!

Would be fab to hear off anyone who is doing/has done the whole30 too.

Kirsty :)

Hiya
Welcome and good luck on whole30, not tried it myself as sounds pretty scary! But good luck and I hope you do well

xxx

I thought about doinf itr but a wee bit of red wine and cheese keeps me sane in a week!! Lol...

Good luck!!

X

Well it's gone a bit t*ts up...! Ah we'll, can only keep trying, lol.

Really struggling today - I've had awful cravings for junk food, nothing in particular, just general crap food :-/ ended up making a coffee with 1 sweetener and a sachet of options hot chocolate in it and it was WAY too sweet which is a surprise...maybe after stuffing my body with lovely healthy food it doesn't actually want rubbish anymore and the cravings are psychological? I don't know.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I know I want to improve my health, lose weight and increase my energy levels so I just need to focus on that and power through feeling like poop!!

I would say go easy on yourself - maybe ease yourself into paleo gradually before attempting the Whole30. For example, I started by cutting down on carbs at tea time and just had a small amount of potato or rice (and lots of meat and veg :)) until I was ready to cut it out completely. I got used to non bread lunches through slimming world (soups, salads etc) and the last thing to go was my breakfast porridge although I'm still struggling with that a bit (I tend to have yoghurt and fruit, and boiled eggs if I'm really hungry). The extreme approach will be much harder - you are almost setting yourself up to fail.

Back