Day 1 on Exante

mudbabe

Fitness Freak!
Hi everyone:wavey:. I have started Exante today to try to get my weight down. Dieting is an entirely new thing for me as I have always been very slim and sporty and basically able to eat whatever I want without putting on an ounce. But then 4mths ago I had an accident and have gained a whopping 3stone through comfort eating and being unable to exercise:eek:. I feel awful about this, but until today whenever I have thought about the state I have got myself into I have just turned back to food to make myself feel better again:(

But as of last Monday I am back to exercising:wee: and in another 2 weeks I begin training to be a Fitness Instructor, something that had to be postponed due to my injury. So I NEED to get back to my usual weight!!! I know there are no miracles and there's no way I will be back to 8st in 2 weeks time, but at least I can be on my way there!

I ordered the bumper pack of all shakes as I don't really like soup. So far I have had a strawberry one for breakfast and a banana one for lunch. I'm finding them very filling, almost too filling. Is it allowable to have half at a time? Do you have any other hints or suggestions? Has anyone done this while following a fairly busy exercise programme? Sorry for so many quetions! Thanks

Mud

Hi Mud and good luck with Exante.

You can split the packs if you want although you do need to make sure you finish 3 a day coz they contain all your nutritional requirements.

Hi mud
There are many of us that are new to vlcds' here in the forum. I also have 2-3 stone to lose and after lots of research have found exante to be (for me) the cheapest, quickest and safest way to lose the unwanted pounds. I would say drink lots of water to keep hydrated and also keep your goal in sight at all times - for me it is christmas and what I am going to wear (sounds shallow, but for me it works!) I have found the shakes ok. Found a tip re putting coffee in the vanilla shake and it helps give you another option. Also I half the bars and have them half for lunch and half left for the evening (I find evenings difficult...).
Best of luck. The forum is really good for hints and keeping you motivated. I'm day4 now and nearly through the worst bit. Here's hoping!

heidi x ;)

Welcome

If you are just starting to exercise again I would try toning instead of cardio - body balance, pilates etc. Best not to start anything energetic for first 2 weeks if not already part of your routine

Which programme are you doing? I completed OCR Exercise to music whilst on SS.

Good luck

xxx

Welcome

If you are just starting to exercise again I would try toning instead of cardio - body balance, pilates etc. Best not to start anything energetic for first 2 weeks if not already part of your routine

Which programme are you doing? I completed OCR Exercise to music whilst on SS.

Good luck

xxx

I'm doing YMCA ETM, really excited about it! Do you still teach?

I'm not really someone to do things by halves so have thrown myself back into my full programme straight off! I was suprised and relieved that my body coped with it, including my ankle (I had done odds and ends while 'out' but not the full 9 sessions a week I usually do) so I am going to see how it goes, and if necessary I will add another pack or possibly a meal.

I like the idea of adding coffee to the vanilla, I do like my coffee!

I'm doing YMCA ETM, really excited about it! Do you still teach?

I'm not really someone to do things by halves so have thrown myself back into my full programme straight off! I was suprised and relieved that my body coped with it, including my ankle (I had done odds and ends while 'out' but not the full 9 sessions a week I usually do) so I am going to see how it goes, and if necessary I will add another pack or possibly a meal.

I like the idea of adding coffee to the vanilla, I do like my coffee!

No time - have a new job and so unfit at mo anyway (just getting over ankle injury myself)

Just be careful as you're not used to being back at the gym - listen to your body a little more closely that you normally would

xxx

Back