Step 1 Sole Source Day 1 tomorrow

Hiya, 2lbs thats not bad going, I'm supposed to be weighing in on Mon but think I will give that a miss as I have a few soups left, so won't need to top up. The weight is coming off but slowly, things will get back to normal when I'm back in work and unable to wander over to a fridge or christmas tree stuffed with chocolate! No doubt people will bring in their unwanted chocolate and expect us to finish it off for them, well not this year, you know where you can stick your chocolate! All I used to eat was the soups but found that I'm missing something different in the morning so had the Chocolate Mint for breakfast the other day and was quite surprised at how nice it was, I put far more water than recommended in it so it lasted longer and wasn't so gloopy! Take care x

Thanks for the support Hun,
Yes I was quite impressed with 2 pound seems a good deal from what I eat (not to much) but on Boxing Day I had a dominos lol oops...
But everyone needs a treat now and again otherwise people will fail :) my father is a doctor and states that some of his patients are very obese and he encourages a healthy week 6 days then have 1 cheat day a week, but he prescribes tablets for them oristat I think it's called, I'm not allowed it :( so Cambridge it is for me lol!
Aww I know what you mean we have a lady in work who bakes cakes all the time, but is hard to say no but feels good when you do defo worth it
Keep going where all here for support really fancy a cooked dinner today but going to have my shake (bit of a difference lol) x

Yes I was quite impressed with 2 pound seems a good deal from what I eat (not to much) but on Boxing Day I had a dominos lol oops...
But everyone needs a treat now and again otherwise people will fail :) my father is a doctor and states that some of his patients are very obese and he encourages a healthy week 6 days then have 1 cheat day a week, but he prescribes tablets for them oristat I think it's called, I'm not allowed it :( so Cambridge it is for me lol!
Aww I know what you mean we have a lady in work who bakes cakes all the time, but is hard to say no but feels good when you do defo worth it
Keep going where all here for support really fancy a cooked dinner today but going to have my shake (bit of a difference lol) x

Oristat...is that the tablet with the erm awful side effects?
Maybe have a shake made with hot water? Not quite the same but lovely and warm. x

Oristat...is that the tablet with the erm awful side effects?
Maybe have a shake made with hot water? Not quite the same but lovely and warm. x

Yeah I think so. But you need to have a high BMI and lose some weight before you considered for it. Yes true Hun I always buy the tetra packs tho so I will pop one in micro and have a hot chocolate lol x

See I'm going to disagree with you there in that a treat is all well and good but NOT a food treat. If I eat I just want to eat more and more.If I'm feeling low I treat myself in different ways-I buy a book, or paint my nails or do something anything to get my mind off food.Last time I did CD my consultant said if people cheat they may as well not bother doing CD at all as it's wasting their money and not teaching them anything. I know everyone is different and some people can cheat and get away with it and it doesn't trigger food cravings or binges but personally i don't see the point in doing such a strict diet only to eat stuff I'm not meant to. If you're going to cheat you may as well do slim fast and have a meal every day or go up a few steps on CD so you're having real food.I know your pizza was probably just a slip up but honestly you sounded as if you really weren't that bothered by it.I'll get off my soap box now LOL.
I tried orlistat once-horrible side effects and cheating with fatty food is a bad idea as you'll end up on the loo for the whole day LOL so be glad you're not on it.

See I'm going to disagree with you there in that a treat is all well and good but NOT a food treat. If I eat I just want to eat more and more.If I'm feeling low I treat myself in different ways-I buy a book, or paint my nails or do something anything to get my mind off food.Last time I did CD my consultant said if people cheat they may as well not bother doing CD at all as it's wasting their money and not teaching them anything. I know everyone is different and some people can cheat and get away with it and it doesn't trigger food cravings or binges but personally i don't see the point in doing such a strict diet only to eat stuff I'm not meant to. If you're going to cheat you may as well do slim fast and have a meal every day or go up a few steps on CD so you're having real food.I know your pizza was probably just a slip up but honestly you sounded as if you really weren't that bothered by it.I'll get off my soap box now LOL.
I tried orlistat once-horrible side effects and cheating with fatty food is a bad idea as you'll end up on the loo for the whole day LOL so be glad you're not on it.

That's true this is just what my dad believes being a doctor lol! I don't let him interfere with my weight loss never have :)!!
I was ashamed to have the dominos but was Xmas and weren't on Cambridge for the week anyway so wasn't cheating as such

Oooh are you sure you can miss the weigh in?That was always the start of a slippery slope for me.You might be OK but I found if I missed a weigh in I would find it very hard to stick to the diet for 2 weeks.

Hiya

I'm booked in to weigh on Friday, I've also got another reason for continuing, my mum has been away since November and every year she goes for her extended holiday I've always said I will lose weight and you won't recognise me! I'm sure she will recognise me but hopefully she will notice that there is less! I've always said it but never done anything! I've also got my 40th coming up and I don't want to be fat, fair & forty :D

I've had a go with those Orlistat and the side effects were horrendous, what with IBS as well I just couldn't cope with it, I gave it up after a month! Is your dad aware that you are on Cambridge? I would be interested in his thoughts on the diet. My Dr wasn't too concerned apart from when I've get to my goal and start eating properly again. I guess this is why there are different steps but I don't know if I can afford to continue with the different steps unless I started now and then the weight loss will slow up! Bit of a catch 22! Your doing great, keep it up :)

Back