DAY 1

Sorry to interrupt - I was just wondering how you check that you were still in ketosis? Thanks for your help!

Hi Mel, you can buy ketostix that you test your urine with to check for ketones, but if you are 100% then you will definitely be in ketosis by day 4/5. :D

Oh wow, ok. Thanks for getting back to me! I have been 100% for all of 4 hours so far and pathetically feeling hungry and a bit sore headed already. Maybe it is all in my head!

Oh wow, ok. Thanks for getting back to me! I have been 100% for all of 4 hours so far and pathetically feeling hungry and a bit sore headed already. Maybe it is all in my head!

Drink lots of water for the headache. If you're not used to drinking a lot of water you'll hate it at first, but it's better than the headaches and the thirsty feeling.

Thanks SmileyMan. I had a little nap as was up few hours earlier than normal today and a cup of coffee. Feeling a bit better now and am sipping away on my water bottle hoping it will solve all my problems! How long have you been doing LT for?

12 days 100% so far. As everyone and his dieting dog will tell you, the first four days are bad, and then it's much easier. If you can take that into your heart and mind, and get yourself through the barrier, you'll be fine.

I know what you mean Rigvon but I guess it's to help us not easily sway away & if you eat Tina you will probably end up eventually wanting something else with it& the shakes preventing you from cravings as they are totally different x

Day 1 for me.....I want to do this for 5/6 weeks so i am going to be on here alot for motivation....i really want to do this

Hi girls, Week 3 and 2lbs which means I've lost my first stone!!!!!!! I was really fed up last week to think that I'd worked hard to stick to the shakes and only lost 3lbs so I went onto the maintenance as a test so 2 maintenance shakes a day and a meal. I've only eaten meat/fish and veg no carbs and stuck to the black tea and coffe and water (although I think my problem is I don't drink enough water) and lost 2lbs this week!!! although I'm really constipated so have now got fibreclear to help a bit. The way I see it is that if I'm losing a couple of lbs a week by having a healthy meal then why deprive myself of food altogether. I was really miserable on just the shakes and craved food. Now that fix once a day seems to be doing the trick. However a week all inclusive in Ibiza in 3 weeks is going to be a test!!!

Hey Tee, congrats on losing that 1st stone! :) I did LP 2 and half years ago and lost nearly 3 stone, I also only did 3 weeks on TFR and lost most of my weight on maintenance, 2 shakes a salad or stirfry and alot of walking! I kept it off too so it really can be done ;-) TFR isn't for everybody but you've given yourself the kick start you needed and lost a stone in the process! Best of luck with the rest of it ;-) x

Lost 16.5lbs so far and finding maintenance much easier to stick to. And am trying to get in a little exercise each day just at home doing sit ups etc!! Going on holiday next Saturday so 1 more week to go before I have to get into a bikini but feeling much better about myself!!

Back