Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Oh Clare - don't stress!

I know exactly how you feel. This weekend for me, i've had planned meals where I could have been much better. My CDC asked me if I was out of control, or not in control - an interesting differenciation and something to think about. Sounds like you started off not in control, but perhaps ended out of control?

You seem to be back to it and two days of fighting with SS will be some damage limitation like me - i'm squeezing the most out of the days which I can stay on plan (step 2 though) and then all of my planned meals out I am going to enjoy. As long as I stay below 12st this side of January, i'll be happy! It's really helped me to have a target range I am happy to be within - It makes a meal out less daunting and easier to bear.

Just remember, when you're not in control, to stay in control yourself so that you don't go out of control...if that makes any sense!!

xx

Thanks Flic xx

Ended up losing another 1lb at weigh in which I can't actually believe! Yesterday was FAB we had such a great time and enjoyed everything I ate and drank (of which there was plenty none of it 'good'!). I've cancelled tonight, I can't face another big night I'm knackered and sick of eating! Might not end up going out tomorrow either so just Saturday and Sunday dinners at mine. I'm making full fat lasagne Saturday and a hotpot on Sunday in the slow cooker. I'm going to be eating and maybe having a glass of wine too but then I'm ss'ing throughout up to Christmas eve and then Christmas. Damage limitation!

I have been STARVING today and the office has been full of mince pies, chocolates, biscuits etc etc etc but I've managed to resist :D

Hope you're all okay xxxxx

Hi ladies!

I've temporarily come off CWP only because the nights out and the ss'ing in between was playing havoc with my digestive system - I was up all night Saturday in agony (didn't stop me over indulging on Sunday though!).

I am still being good (in between the planned stuff) and in fact the scales said 9 st 9 this morning which is a bit weird!

I have a planned meal tomorrow (Christmas eve eeeekkkk!!!!) and then Christmas day I'm just going to go with the flow! I've not bought any goodies in though and I've asked everyone to not buy any for me so I think I'll be okay getting back on it after Christmas. My hubby has requested me to have 2 days off plan for my birthday at beginning of January though which I know includes afternoon tea, dinner and an overnight stay somewhere.

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and are all coping with the diet :)

xx

Merry Christmas ladies!! xxx

Morning ladies,

Not been on here a while but thought it good for me to get down my thoughts.

Ended up coming off CWP (as mentioned above) as my original plan of ss'ing in between planned meals was really not working for me, I had stomach cramps and pains which eased once I started eating properly. I came off It properly and completely over indulged throughout the whole time. Had a weigh in 31st Dec and by some miracle I'd only gained 3lbs. I planned to get back on it 2nd January but OH was taking me away for my birthday last week and I didn't want to be in the same position again with stomach cramps etc. I went back on CWP SS fully last Friday 9th Jan and have stuck to it 100% since. Scales were showing 9st 11 this morning so it appears to be working already.

OH is joining me on CWP this week, he's put on weight over Christmas and has seen how well I've done so he thought he'd give it a shot too. He has strong doubts he can do it, his main problem is drinking the water as he hardly drinks anything normally. If he does stick with it though it might make my life that bit easier! He wants to lose 2 stone, ideally by his birthday in March.

I've decided after much umming and ahhing that I want to get down to between 9 and 9 1/2 st. I want to be comfortably enough into the 9s that my weight doesn't ever start with 10, even after a bad weekend :)

I'm ss'ing for the first few weeks to get me back into the swing of things and then going through the steps - well not the exact CWP steps but I'll start by doing 2 shakes then a small meal. I'm not going through all this 60g chicken fiasco, just eating a small amount of healthy food. I'm already down to a size 8-10 and between Christmas, my birthday and the sales I have a complete new wardrobe and have gotten rid of everything that is too big for me. I have lots of lovely new clothes so I don't want them to get too big for me but I need to train myself to eat properly hence back on ss initially.

I do have a few bits coming up, I'm doing a cookery course for fun with a friend 1 night a week for 4 weeks, during which I assume I'll need to try the food. I have a planned meal out next month and OH and I would normally go out for dinner around Valentines Day but we'll see. After that it's OHs birthday mid March and I have something nice planned that does involve lots of eating but everyone can have time off! Other than that my diary is pretty clear so I can hopefully get this last bit of weight off and then look how I'm going to maintain.

I'm very optimistic about this right now so here's hoping I'll be down to my final target within a month or so!

Hope everyone is doing well.

xx

thats great he s going to join in much easier to keep at it when your both sitting with your shakes and water and you don get the little sad face when you re unable to join in all the fun. best of luck to you both
jx

Yay - Clare, it's great to read through your Christmas.

I too was off plan for two weeks between Christmas and new year. It was really nice to spend time with friends and family in my pair of size 10 jeans! (the rest are 12s, I just got lucky on my new favourite pair!)

Like you, I have a target range - mine is between 11st and 11 1/2st (though i'd love to see 9st, I personally don't think i'd be able to achieve it, or maintain it, and being size 10-12 now, I am really happy with and don't want to go any further.)

Again, like you, i'm back on SS/SS+ for a couple of weeks to get myself back on track, and then working through the steps. I am weighing and measuring, because for me, those are the things I struggle with the most - I am hopeless at getting the correct portion size, though weighing and measuring stuff is starting to work for me. Once I get to grips with step 3/4, I probably won't bother, but I find it a real advantage at the moment.

The cooking course sounds incredible - very jealous!

xx

Morning ladies,

Sorry I am really out of the habit of going on here at the minute, must try harder!

Nice to hear from you, the diet wilderness can be pretty lonely at times!

Lost 4lbs at my weigh in last Wednesday which I was very happy with then for some reason had lasagne and garlic bread that night - didn't know why I ate it at the time nor now but hey ho! Cookery course was fab and I made a game terrine and red onion marmalade to take home (just like at school lol) and ending up eating that as 2 small meals over 2 days. Been ss'ing except for those blips and the weight is dropping off me - was 9st 6 1/2 this morning, I think the lowest I've been since I was aware of my weight. Weight isn't that comparable to CDC scales as I get weighed with her in the evenings clothed and this was morning not clothed but still I'm pleased! OH is doing really well since he started - again not that comparable but almost a stone in a week on our scales and still 2 days to go!

I know what you mean about portion control Flic, that's my biggest concern. I didn't eat that badly during the day pre diet but always had too much dinner in the evenings and then snacking after dinner. Also weekends eating out and having 3 courses for lunch which my body so doesn't need (want maybe but not need!). I am really worried about coming off this though but I'll be at target soon. Will defo help with OH still being on this when I start coming off it though, we wont be rushing out to lunch that first weekend off!

Plan is still to have 2 shakes a day then a small meal in the evenings for a few weeks, then go straight to 3 small meals a day but get 'officially' weighed weekly for the first couple of months. My CDC comes to my house and OH and sister see her there too so there wont be any hiding! I did some cooking over the weekend for my little ones as we wont have time to cook meals from scratch during the week with us both working so I batch cook and freeze. Both meals were exactly the sort of thing I'll be looking at - Bolognese sauce with more vegetables than meat and chicken hotpot, both have loads of veggies and the kids love them too so bonus! Did the hot pot in the slow cooker yesterday and it smelled amazing - I'm used to cooking when I'm ss ing so it wasn't bothering me but OH was day 4 of ss (which is always my worst day) and he was struggling. Bonus though he went upstairs to get away from smell and painted the en-suite and sorted out his wardrobes! I'm liking this!

I'm a bit scared I'm getting slightly addicted to losing weight, there, I said it...my aim at the start was to be a size 10 and 9st 5 but after that I thought about 9st 10 as I was a size 10 then. I'm now a size 8-10 and although I'm happy with how I look generally there's still a couple of areas I would love to lose a bit more fat from. My tummy, although I think that's more baby belly, and the tops of my thighs. Problem is there's no guarantee that the fat is going to come off those places first!

Hope you all have a great week xxx

If you re wanting to target certain areas the only way forward is excercise. Don t think it abnormal to want to lose more but I'm much more about keepin off what you have lost not that I ve always been successful mind you. So if being 9st is right that great but it rarely will come off the problem areas solely and you will prob need to sort out a fitness programme for maintaince good luck
jxx

Hi Jen,

Thanks you're so right. I really need to build exercise into my routine now. It's just time, as it is with most people I suppose. I do miss it though, I was a proper gym bunny when I met OH but then children happened and I don't seem to stop doing something ever. In fact I had a bath last night for the first time in months, first bit of time I've had to myself in such a long time. No more excuses though, might even pop out for a walk on my lunch break!

xx

Hey Clare,

You sound like you're in a great place at the moment - I love that your OH is doing this with you - must make a big difference having that additional support there.

A huge part of this diet for me is working through the steps. I would like to loose this last 1/2st and get to my lower target - it does seem to be a big struggle as for the most part, i'm happy now with my size - I would just like to see the numbers and give myself a bit of leighway. I'm now a size 10-12 (more size 12 than 10, but I would like to be closer to a 10) and working through the steps I hope to keep a handle on portion sizes and the like.

My CDC said that the difference now is that you're running a much smaller engine, so it obviously needs less fuel...my issue is telling the brain that!

xx

Hi Flic,

Welcome back!

Having OH doing this has had the complete opposite effect I was hoping for - we both crashed and burned over the weekend big time :( Was 9st11 on scales yesterday morning but showing 9st9 this morning which isn't so bad. I'm so annoyed with myself, I want to do ss to get to just past my target weight so I have a bit of a cushion when I start eating again properly and I only need to do it for about 4 weeks ish but I'm really struggling with the last bit, as it sounds like you are too.

I was back eating just like old times over the weekend although I couldn't physically eat the volume which is a good thing. I like what you say about a smaller engine!

We've just booked 2 holidays, one of which is a cruise, and having been on one before I'm expecting to put on at least a stone in 2 weeks! After that, in June, I plan to lose the weight the healthy way. I'm almost doing ss as a punishment at the minute, or that's how it feels, I sooo want to be in control of my eating and eat normally. OH is now doing a combination of Cambridge (2 shakes a day), slimming world (for the meals he eats) and the 5:2 - hedging his bets or what?!

Hopefully my weigh in tomorrow wont be too harsh and then I've hopefully got a clear run of ss until Valentines Day and then 2 planned nights out just after that. I'll just have to try to be good...how many times have you heard me say that?!!!!

xx

Hey Clare,

It's so reassuring to find i'm not the only one struggling at the moment. I kind of think I should go back to SS to get my head properly back in the game, but I just don't know if it'd lead me to become reliant on the most extreme thing to shift the weight? I was hoping that because step 2 is just that, the next step, I would be able to stay in control...wrong answer! I'm leaning towards step three but want to see the numbers on the scales first - maybe i'm pushing for the wrong thing? Maybe I should be working on the food side of things, rather than the weight?

Must be lovely to have some good holidays booked! We're officially in countdown for the wedding - invites done at the weekend and my dress is due in hopefully the end of this week - then it's fitting time! I don't know what to do about that either - I would like to loose the last 1/2st to get to bottom target and also start toning too before May, but don't know how that works with fittings etc?

Anyway, I'm rambling all over your log! Have a great WI today - just keep that goal of valentine's day in mind and take one day at a time - that's what i'm doing!

xx

Hey girls

im just goin to put this out there and you ll decide for yourselves but is ssing the best was forward for you just now? The reason I say this is I did exactly what you did last year and I blasted it out the water. This year I made the decision to not go back to ketosis and despite ups and down the trend has been good. Also I ve filled up my glycogen and am slowly tryin to find the balance for me (everybody will have their own ideas of what is right)

your body will adapt to less calories and then you might have to deal with a plateau. It is pretty rubbish being 100% and not getting any results. With step three after a week or 2 you ll lose weight but if you are doing ketosis try to keep to it, in or out make your choice, right lecture over
jxx

Hijacking your log - sorry clare.

Jen, I am with you 100% on this and I think it's helped me to make my mind up with what to do next. Messing around being in and out of ketosis i'm sure doesn't do my body any good...

Thanks Jen!

xx

You're right, I may as well stay on ss until 12th February but then I'm working up the steps after that. I promised myself I wouldn't use this almost as an excuse to be able to eat too much knowing that I can lose it again with a few weeks on ss, it's such an unhealthy way of doing it. I need to be in this for the long term with a healthy eating and exercise plan not going from one extreme to the other. Yes I might put on a bit of weight in the interim but I'm sure it will balance out once I get used to it.

Jen - do you still have any CWP product? Do you stick to the steps rigidly eg with food weights and everything?

xx

I do weigh out food but i don t follow the step religiously as I never eat breakfast unless I'm hungry which is hardly ever. I eat my products at lunch time and then have a meal at teatime. I like a descent sized dinner and sitting with 3 peas, a chicken breast and a mini potato is not goin to work for me. But I like having my products cause than I know my body gettin the nutrition it needs. Had hoped to do step 4 for a couple of weeks but due to weekends out it will be longer as want to get to target before step 5. It's a 300 cal jump then so would take longer to go back down.jx

I'm not all that familiar with the steps so I need to research this a bit but what do you eat for a typical dinner? Are carbs still a scary no-no on step 4?

Just been invited out to pizza express on 6th February - this evil world is against me being slim!!!

xx

From step 3 you eat carbs so no ketosis I keep to the cals so you can eat what you what up to the top limit of cals your allowed on your step. Mmmmh pizza you are being tested and no mistake!
jx

Hmm I'm sure they do a 500cal pizza option but with the middle cut out and a salad instead - might not have to have a bow of greens with no dressing after all! xx

Back