Day 111 - 75lb and 60.5" lost!

4lb off this week. Can't help but feel a little disappointed, which just seems silly really. I have nothing to grumble about, it's coming off after all. I would give anything for a 6 or 7lb loss week to give me a fresh kick of motivation!!!

Well done hun 4lb is great but know what you mean I alway want to lose more than I do but at least it's coming off! You have done great don't let 4lb get you down Hun! There is always next week! X

Thanks Theresa. Weighed myself this morning and gained 1lb. When will I learn???

Very excited that since I started this diet and started blogging, I have had nearly 1300 hits on my blog and have gained 25 new twitter followers! Funny the little things we get excited about isn't it?

Keep your chin up mate 4lbs is a great loss. If you take many small steps you travel a long distance. Keep going your doing fab.

Thanks Mick, you are right :) The weight is coming off and that is the important thing. Just need to keep at it and I will see the results I want!

Thanks Theresa. Weighed myself this morning and gained 1lb. When will I learn???

Very excited that since I started this diet and started blogging, I have had nearly 1300 hits on my blog and have gained 25 new twitter followers! Funny the little things we get excited about isn't it?

Wow thats great Hun! Yes it is funny how little things mean so much! It's also a great motivation for you x

So today is day 42 - which marks the end of week 6!!! Madness!!!! Can't believe how far I have come, and can't believe how much time has passed already. Today also marks exactly 6 months until my holiday! Argh! Based on Cambridge estimates of 1st per month I could have another 6st off by then! I would like more than that really, but I'd be happy with another 6st off!!!! That would be 8 1/2st in 32 weeks, which would be rather nice. Also means I am halfway through my first block of 12 weeks, though I am a bit scared about 810 week right now!!!!

Just made myself a cappuccino shake. This might not sounds very big news, but it is for me, as it marks the end of diet laziness!!!! I have got a bit lazy the last couple of weeks and have been mostly having tetras, with the odd bar and the odd porridge chucked in, but no actual shakes, because I have just been too lazy! Stupid really, as I find the powder shakes fill me up the most (I make them with ice and water in the blender so they are lovely and thick and filling!). I am going to make more effort to make more powder shakes up and stop being so lazy :)

5 days of sole source now, again just can't be bothered and too lazy to faff about with SS+ at the moment!

The other big thing I seem to have omitted to mention on here (check my blog, I tend to update that a bit more frequently! Link below), is that I have started exercising! Can't explain it, just started feeling restless about a week ago, and decided it is time to start doing some real exercise on top of the dieting. Now there are 2 issues here: 1)I am a single parent and have struggled to find child friendly gyms or classes, plus the child would get bored sat watching me, and I will struggle to sort out regular babysitting, and 2)I need to do something that I enjoy, otherwise I won't commit to it and I just won't go!!! Things like Wii Fit etc are fine for some people, but I would get bored and wouldn't keep it up. I need something that stretches me (literally!), keeps me interested, and is fun and child friendly... so I found a family martial arts class!!!

I decided to look at martial arts classes because I used to do Ju Jitsu and kick boxing, and gave up both when I fell pregnant (didn't get far, just a couple of belts in both!), and Chloe has been doing a martial arts club before school and loving it! So I decided I would look for somewhere that did a kids class followed by an adult class...and I found a family class!!!! It's in Choi Kwang Do (no I hadn't heard of it before either!). Anyway, we went along, and it was brilliant! Had a bit of a breaking in session on Wednesday where they took Chloe and I to one side and taught us the basics, then Friday I did 2 hours of lessons (a family class then an adults class) and absolutely loved it. I just felt absolutely amazing afterwards, and more to the point, I KEPT UP!!! I kept up with the whole 2 hours of lessons, didn't get puffed out, didn't get too tired, just got stuck in and did it! And I felt absolutely amazing afterwards - high on adrenaline and endorphins, and more to the point, I was fine doing it on just shakes (although I have decided it is best to have 4 products on exercise days, at least while I get used to it!).

I won't lie, I ache quite a lot today. I was fine straight after the class and fine yesterday morning, then started to seize up yesterday afternoon. My legs are stiff and my back is very sore, although both feel better this evening than they did yesterday! Hot baths have helped. Strangely my arms are fine and haven't ached at all!

Going to train twice a week for now - 1 hour Wednesdays, 2 hours Fridays, and see how we get on with that. We have the option to train every single day if we wanted to, but don't want to get too broken too quickly!!!!

Just made myself a cappuccino shake. This might not sounds very big news, but it is for me, as it marks the end of diet laziness!!!! I have got a bit lazy the last couple of weeks and have been mostly having tetras, with the odd bar and the odd porridge chucked in, but no actual shakes, because I have just been too lazy! Stupid really, as I find the powder shakes fill me up the most (I make them with ice and water in the blender so they are lovely and thick and filling!). I am going to make more effort to make more powder shakes up and stop being so lazy :)

5 days of sole source now, again just can't be bothered and too lazy to faff about with SS+ at the moment!

The other big thing I seem to have omitted to mention on here (check my blog, I tend to update that a bit more frequently! Link below), is that I have started exercising! Can't explain it, just started feeling restless about a week ago, and decided it is time to start doing some real exercise on top of the dieting. Now there are 2 issues here: 1)I am a single parent and have struggled to find child friendly gyms or classes, plus the child would get bored sat watching me, and I will struggle to sort out regular babysitting, and 2)I need to do something that I enjoy, otherwise I won't commit to it and I just won't go!!! Things like Wii Fit etc are fine for some people, but I would get bored and wouldn't keep it up. I need something that stretches me (literally!), keeps me interested, and is fun and child friendly... so I found a family martial arts class!!!

I decided to look at martial arts classes because I used to do Ju Jitsu and kick boxing, and gave up both when I fell pregnant (didn't get far, just a couple of belts in both!), and Chloe has been doing a martial arts club before school and loving it! So I decided I would look for somewhere that did a kids class followed by an adult class...and I found a family class!!!! It's in Choi Kwang Do (no I hadn't heard of it before either!). Anyway, we went along, and it was brilliant! Had a bit of a breaking in session on Wednesday where they took Chloe and I to one side and taught us the basics, then Friday I did 2 hours of lessons (a family class then an adults class) and absolutely loved it. I just felt absolutely amazing afterwards, and more to the point, I KEPT UP!!! I kept up with the whole 2 hours of lessons, didn't get puffed out, didn't get too tired, just got stuck in and did it! And I felt absolutely amazing afterwards - high on adrenaline and endorphins, and more to the point, I was fine doing it on just shakes (although I have decided it is best to have 4 products on exercise days, at least while I get used to it!).

I won't lie, I ache quite a lot today. I was fine straight after the class and fine yesterday morning, then started to seize up yesterday afternoon. My legs are stiff and my back is very sore, although both feel better this evening than they did yesterday! Hot baths have helped. Strangely my arms are fine and haven't ached at all!

Going to train twice a week for now - 1 hour Wednesdays, 2 hours Fridays, and see how we get on with that. We have the option to train every single day if we wanted to, but don't want to get too broken too quickly!!!!

Cazza you are doing so well with all this exercise Hun well done hope your aches are better soon and hope your elbow is not giving you too much pain! Good luck with your weigh in x

How are you going star-lit ?

Re: Day 42 - 6 weeks DONE

Good thanks Mick :D day 51, weigh in this evening. Last weigh in I was down 2st 13lb so far! How are you getting on?

Re: Day 42 - 6 weeks DONE

Oops I have neglected this a tiny bit... Tend to update my blog more than here, no one seems to reply to me here much :(

So I am in to week 8 now. SS+ since Friday as I have injured my arm and am hoping just a few extra calories and a tiny bit more protein might help it heal a bit quicker.

Still going to my martial arts and love it. Am anxious that my arm is going to be too painful to train tomorrow night -just have to wait and see I guess.

Last weigh in, day 44, I lost 7lb!!! The exercise definitely had a positive impact there! Consultant is away this week, so will weigh myself on the wii. Wii shows 1lb lighter in the morning than her scales do in the evening, so will just add on 1lb. Not expecting another 7lb loss but would like to see 4lb+ ideally. 5lb+ would see me below 300lb for first time in over 4 years!!!!

Oops I have neglected this a tiny bit... Tend to update my blog more than here, no one seems to reply to me here much :(

So I am in to week 8 now. SS+ since Friday as I have injured my arm and am hoping just a few extra calories and a tiny bit more protein might help it heal a bit quicker.

Still going to my martial arts and love it. Am anxious that my arm is going to be too painful to train tomorrow night -just have to wait and see I guess.

Last weigh in, day 44, I lost 7lb!!! The exercise definitely had a positive impact there! Consultant is away this week, so will weigh myself on the wii. Wii shows 1lb lighter in the morning than her scales do in the evening, so will just add on 1lb. Not expecting another 7lb loss but would like to see 4lb+ ideally. 5lb+ would see me below 300lb for first time in over 4 years!!!!

Fingers crossed for another 7 lbs! More to the point, did you get the top off the bottle of magnesium tablets? Or is it still just for decoration?

Ha! No, just for decoration still!!! Will need to take it to work and ask someone to open it for me :D Arm does feel a little looser today thank goodness!

4lb off this week. I'll take that! Makes me 300lb exactly. I'll take that considering I have raging PMT and toilet issues! 3st 3lb or 45lb gone now - 5lb more for my half century...

Hi Starlit,
I've been following your journey and I am so proud of you. I am struggling not to cheat but usually I don't hold to it. Weekends are messed up. Reading your progress the last couple of days I have decided to try more and I already changed my CDC appointments to Tuesday, so I may be stronger and hold on the weekends. Thank you for the motivation and encouragement you are giving to us and continue like this!! xxxxxxx

Struggling with my mind at the moment, still losing weight but could be so much better if i was not going to the fridge when at home. This is the week that i focus, and give 100%, so watch out. You are doing great Star-lit, we both are going to do this.

Hi Cazza, I've seen you post in Lilys thread/diary. I think I remember you from 2008, I think we were in the same "team" for a while.

I lost 2 stone on CD, but it went slowly back on, and I spent most of last year yoyo-ing up and down losing and gaining the same half stone, I'm now doing S&S.

You have done so well so far well done on the losses

just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your diary... I'm starting CWP next week... I hope I can be as motivated as you :) keep up the good work! x

Re: Day 51 - Read and reply! (please?)

2lb off this morning though which is q rather pleasant surprise. I've left the 300's!!!!! 3 more lb off this week and I will have my half century!

yayyyy Cazzaaaaa..gooodbye 300's FOREVER!... hope youre very proud of yourself you are doing so well! x

Back