Day 12 and back on it!

I'm hoping to get to 18-7 as that's my first "treat" weight and I can go and buy myself a t-shirt then :)

sounds as if it's going really well for you both!

Amy

Well had my weigh in and have got down to 18st 8 so almost there for my first treat.The CDC's scales weigh heavier than mine (by all of 400g) so I'm going by mine-I know I know-400g really doesn't make a lot of difference!I've weighed on mine all week though and I feel happier going by that weight.I've lost 12 pounds this week anyway so I'm happy :) I'm feeling really positive today.Cooking dinner was hard but possibly a little bit easier than yesterday.Still such a long way to go though.It's a bit daunting at times.

Well had my weigh in and have got down to 18st 8 so almost there for my first treat.The CDC's scales weigh heavier than mine (by all of 400g) so I'm going by mine-I know I know-400g really doesn't make a lot of difference!I've weighed on mine all week though and I feel happier going by that weight.I've lost 12 pounds this week anyway so I'm happy :) I'm feeling really positive today.Cooking dinner was hard but possibly a little bit easier than yesterday.Still such a long way to go though.It's a bit daunting at times.

WOW !! well done P.R. - you are doin' great hun ;)

keep up the FAB work....

lotsa love

Debz
xx

fantastic weight loss! Keep going, girl!

Amy

Feeling depressed today :( haven't lost anything since yesterday-how is that possible???On 500 cals a day and loads of water how can my body not lose weight daily??Feeling really p****d off.What's the point of depriving myself of food if the weight isn't going to come off???

I'm a bit stuck at the moment too. I just keep thinking of where I will be in 2 weeks rather than tomorrow.

Perhaps your body is just taking a breather before dropping the next 3 pounds at once ;)

Oh and I live in London now but I used to live in Gloucestershire and grew up near the Severn Bridge - just noticed you're from Cheltenham!

Hi Cerulean.Yep sunny..er rainy Cheltenham for me :D I lived in London for 4 years when I was at uni-I miss it sometimes.

I forgot to add my CDC encourages weighing every day and says I should see a small loss every day.

Sorry Polishrose but ive got exactly the same thing this morning with no movement on scales. I even went to gym yesterday as well so dont think its a lot to ask to see even half pound down!! If I can offer you anything I suppose at least you know your not on your own in this but I admit im seriously craving at the moment and its all them horrid scales fault!! Good luck for the rest of the day and congrats on a fab weigh in result. Sarahxx.

Hi,

I keep on getting into trouble on here for weighing myself daily. I still do though but what I've leant is to not be disheartened if I don't lose on a daily basis....Sometimes the scales stick for a few days at a time. I was disappointed last week with my 2lbs weight loss but weigh in this morning showed a 4lb loss!! So it just shows that it catches up with you in the end. You're doing fab...don't be disappointed!!

If I were you, I would avoid going on the scales for a couple of days, otherwise it would do your head in! lol! Can any of us lose 7lbs every week, do you know what I mean? So don't be too disappointed.​

I also found that my floor is a bit uneven so it affects the readings. One reading says 4lbs loss, and when I move the scales, it says 2lbs loss! I was annoyed!! I was relieved when I was told at weigh in that I lost 5lbs! Since then I avoid going on the scales everyday!​

You are doing GREAT!!​

You've done fantastically so far polishrose, don't get disheartened now. I can only echo what other's have said ... Try not to jump on the scales everyday ... I did that as well at first, and it doesn't help. I know it's hard but if possible try to keep it to at least every couple of days or weekly if you can.

Mornin P.R..
Sorry to hear you are feeling low this morn..
You know.. I used to get on the scales every day as well and I have had to stop it as it was really messing with my head.. Because I have been on every diet ever known I am well practiced on this and what used to happen (whaen I was doing say SW was I would do the diet for a few days, get on the scales and if I had lost think 'hurrray I have lost I don't need to be quite as good now". but if I hadn't lost I would think "oh no nothing lost theres no point in trying now will just wait til next week". I know it's not the same with SS because you are either on it or off it.. The way I look at it is if you were eating food everyday and not thinking about dieting yhen 1 you probably wouldn't get on the scales every day and even if you did they probably wouldn't show a gain every day.. If you reverse this while you are doing sooooo well and sticking wilth SS they probabley won't show a loss every day either and when they don't you are punishing yourself for nothing.. I know it's easy for me to say but try and look at the bigger picture and what you achiev over the week is a more realistic view.. wait til a month has past and that will be fantantasic results.....
God I go on don't I...
Any way chin up and hope you day gets better..... Sending you some good vibes..:vibes:
xxxxxxxxxx

Aww thank you all so much.I am going to stick to the diet-I know there's no other way I can lose weight.I know it's silly to keep getting on and off the scales but it's a very bad habit with me, and when my CDC told me she recommended it then I thought OK.It IS disheartening to not see even 1/2 lb down a day, especially as when I did LL it seemed to shift every day.I will try not to take too much notice of the scales.

I think today is just going to be one of those days when I struggle.Thank goodness I didn't have to cook-made enough yesterday to just heat up the rest for today's dinner.Food has been tempting me so much today.I've resisted so far. I might possibly need to have an extra pack today if the craving gets too bad but I will try not to.It's days like this that I regret not just going to WW or SW but I know I couldn't lose a lot or fast on there.I just have to hang on today and hope for the best.

well done you for resisting when it's hard!

Amy

Congratulations on your weight loss so far:D

Is is disheartening when the scales don't seem to move, (mine are stuck at the moment too) but it will catch up with us and show a great loss next week (fingers and toes are crossed):p

I gave in to my cravings last weekend and ate chinese food - I felt so guilty afterwards, like I had cheated someone but I know that I am only cheating myself.

Try to stick with it and well done for resisting.

P.s. I love clothes shopping in Cheltenham:D

Back