Day 14...Fresh start: red diary: :)

Hi ozzie. I'm so pleased you came out of it ok it must have been very frightenig to be in the centre of it :(

Know what you mean about finances OH is clinging onto his job and I can't even get an interview, things are so bad.

Seems work on the west coast (south west WA) seems to have picked up. The rumour is (manager at monodelphus) they can't get hubbies trade so he may look to apply for a job there and see what happens.

Hope it happens for us I so want to be back out there :(

However, its day 7 and feeling a bit drained this morning for some reason I could not sleep last night. I had to get up at 4 so as not to wake OH managed to drift of about 5.40 am and feeling as rough as a badger's now.

I could just go back to bed now, but I want to try and go job hunting today so fed up of not having a job now it seems I am unemployable :eek: despite lots of experience in community care, customer service etc.

I wonder if its because I have spent the last 7 years at home looking after the boys.

At least I get to spend my time losing weight I suppose.

I am just so bored and want to get out and about meeting new people.

Enough moaning and feeling sorry for myself I have a soup to make and some cleaning to do.

Have a good week people :)

End of day 7 and Whoops I was a bit lazy last night and I didn't update, maybe feeling a little guilty after enjoying a boost bar, but i'm ok with that.

Jillian Michaels from biggest loser said sometimes its good to trick your metabolism by having a treat of something more than you should as it shakes everything up, the body does not become complacent :D so no problems.

I don't intend to pull it back I am happy with my decision to have it.

anyway food diary is as below. I did have an EE day as I had made a chicken and sweetcorn soup for tea.

I can't be affording to plan completely different meals for me and the family so this was a healthy meal but did not fall into Red.

I know not every meal has a 1/3 superfree but I don't always follow that rule, naughty I know but I live and die by my decision.

I do eat a lot of veg and i'm not a big fruit eater as it makes me hungry.

2 hard boiled eggs
2 wholemeal bread 1 heb
4 crackers 4 syns
ex light lc cheese 1 hea
tomato chutney 1.5 syns
slices of cooked chicken
3 bowls of chicken and sweetcorn soup
cabbage
swede
carrot
leek
spring onions
crisps 6.5 syns
boost :confused: (mars bar is 14 syns so similar I expect)

26 syns

It may look like a bad day, but everything was controlled so a good day for me.

Also seriously considering moving back to Australia I am so keeping my fingers crossed this works out.

Not Cairns though Ozzie :cry: work is too limited maybe the South West of Western Australia, work seems to be kicking off and the are having difficulty recruiting hubbies job.

Only time will tell. x

Well Day 8 and its weigh in result time. Can I have a drum roll please :D

dadadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaaa...........................................................

7 lbs off

Yaayyyyyy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's a brilliant start and a real testament to your determination to make SW work for you and within the constraints of normal family cooking! You should be as proud as a peacock! :D

Sorry to hear it won't be Cairns you will be coming back to as we could have formed our own little SW club ;) .... and who knows what the future holds, WA might just be a stepping stone and when unemployment figures improve here a hop skip and a mahooooosive jump and you'll be back on the righteous east coast :D

Thanks ozzie. Yes i'm determined to make it work for good this time. My little blip was just that.

I love Cairns just wish the economy was better :( needs must I suppose.

Work is getting worse here by the day hubby is clinging on with his finger nails here. A lot of his mates can not get work after 20 + years of working solidly, these are all highly skilled tradesman its awful it really is.

:party0011: :party0011: :party0011: :party0011:
on your amazing loss ....
Hope you have another good week :vibes:

Wow well done on your fab loss! 7lbs is amaaaaaazing!!

Thanks Jules :D

Well it was the end of day 8 and i'm late again at writing it up.. too busy watching the england match then talking on FB. What an exciting life I lead.

So just a quickie then day 8 was good I spent over 10 syns due to having somne cous cous with my tea, but still withing 15, so i'm very happy with my red day.

omelette
red onion
ham
chutney 1.5 syns
weetabix 1 heb
milk 1 hea
pear
pork fillet
aubergine
onion
tin toms
cous cous 9 syns
cheese 1 hea
bread 1 heb
chutney 1 syns

syns 11.5

Now on to day 9 :D

Hello day 9 :D and still going strong.

Well were were promised rain and this morning we have it and I wanted to have a walk to the shops to get some more red peppers. I hate going to the shops when its wet.

Making goulash for tea ever since we got back from Prague we love a proper hearty goulash.

Over there they had bread dumplings which had some meat and herbs in I think. I'm just going to make suet ones and I will have 1 and syn it. MMM lovely crispy dumpling nothing nicer :D

Will also make some new pots sliced up then boiled and fried (with frylight of course) with bacon and leek (I usually use onion, but I have leeks left)

Can't wait my mouth's watering all ready.

Hope its not raining where you are.

Have a great day x

I haven't had goulash since my mum passed away as she was the one who always made it. What's your recipe? I might just give it a whirl!

Hi oz

This is the recipe I use

Beef Goulash Recipe : Tyler Florence : Food Network

I don't use the oil or sour cream, I switch to fry light and ff nat yoghurt.

Depending on the day I am following I switch the potatoes for mushrooms.

Also, I can never find sweet paprika I just use normal.

It really is lovely, it's easily as good as the one we had on holiday.

I do syn the flour. but between us all it works out at 2 syns per portion, I don't have as big a portion as my men folk but I still count it as 2 otherwise it just gets silly :D

Enjoy x

Thought I would pop on here as I am so looking forward to my tea and it won't be ready for another 40 mins.

Ozzie just thought of something else while I was making the goulash. If you decide to make it.

I transfer mine into the oven after I have prepared it on stove. I like the meat done better that way. However I only add 3 cups of beef stock, not sure if you need the full amount for stove top it may evaporate more.

After I transfer it all to casserole dish I add another cup of water to frying pan to deglaze it all and get all the stuck on flour, beef juices etc. Then tip it all into casserole dish with the rest.

Then cook it for for 2.5 hours at 200c.

Gosh my mouth is watering thinking about it :D

Well writing on here killed 7 mins :eek:

Day 9 complete :D another red day ticked off and feeling great.

Loved, loved, loved my tea its amazing when I think this was 2 syns a portion (without the dumplig obviously) and was so yummy. Who said low fat was boring.

Food list for the day.

weetabix 1 heb
milk 1 hea
sweetener
banana
pineapple
apple
cheese 1 hea
goulash 2 syns
potatoes/leeks and bacon 1 heb
dumpling 8 syns

10 syns

Looking forward to tomorrow. Need to apply for a job I have my eye on and finish my new cv.

Signing off for the night now so tired and want to catch up with a few posts on here.

See you in the morning.

Good morning day 10 :D had a sneak peak on the scales ( I know I know lol) and I have put on a 1lb :eek:

I don't take any notice though. I know my result is on a Tuesday so i'm fine with it....honestly :D

We are now getting down to the end of the week and cupboards are beginning to look a little bare, I may have to go EE until the store cupboards are refilled.

The family are having frozen leftovers tonight.

We have a bolognese, a madras curry and a massala and i'm having leftover goulash with asparagus and left over heb potatoes.

I am determined not to spend any money.

I have just had to buy the car tax and the MOT is due next month, plus the gas and electric is due out

Busy time with our finances.

Have a great SW day everyone :D

How rubbish am I not writing this up last night. Too busy putting in new windows then watching house.

So apologies diary. :D

I completed another red day, however :sigh: I did not follow plan completely and i have missed out on a heb :eek: but I was quite happy with what I had and I wasn't hungry and feel I had all my requirements fibre wise for the day in my geen veg stir fry.

I will be more conscientious next time.

pots with bacon and leek 1 heb
egg
banana
pear
apple
28g cheese 1 hea
4 crackers 4 syns
stir fry
asparagus
goulash 2 syns

6 syns

Day 10 complete x

Good morning day 11 of my sw diary.

Feeling full of beans and energy this morning.

Have lots of bits and pieces of paperwork to get done today and that will involve helping my son with a talk he has to give for him going to his army assessment day this time next week :eek:

Shopping needs to be done today because we now officially have nothing in for tea or that will make a complete meal.

Can't quite believe we are in April all ready where has this year gone. I am hurtling towards my 43rd b'day and me and hubby realise that very soon our kids will have left home and we can now start thinking about how the 2nd part of our lives will move forward.

Our oldest is nearly 22, our middle son is doing his A levels and is going off to uni to study sports rehabilitation and our youngest who is 15 wants to go away to army college in September once he is 16 :eek:

My job is nearly done, I know they will never stop being my boys, but their lives are moving on and so must ours, at least we are still young enough to do something.

Enough of the soft stuff.

On with today fingers crossed for a good one.

Have a great one and happy mother's day :D

Day 11 was completed and it became EE due to having Britmum's carbonara for tea.

Was hungry last night though so ended up having 2 portions :eek: I didn't get much time to eat during the day:eek:

4 crackerbread 4 syns
banana
weetabix 1 heb
milk 3.5 syns
sweetener
baked beans
sauce .5 syns
carbonara
(includes)
bacon
mushrooms
onion
parmesan 1 hea

8 syns

Late start on day 12 today.

But have done the shopping, been on the phone to my nana and had a lovely omelete before we head out to the football.

So busy busy busy.

Today will be another EE as I have planned a chicken and chorizo jambalaya which is on the recipe thread so looking forward to that later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a have a great day tomorrow for all those mothers out there :D

Its late saturday night and the end of day 12 and another ee day.

Spent most of the afternoon at the football and we should have been out tonight but we are skint too many bills all at the same time. Never mind I cooked a lovely tea of Jambalaya that is on here in the recipe section. Its definitely one I will do again.

Football was great and I love watching 2 of my sons play in the same team and they both did well and came away with a 3-0 win.

Football all day again tomorrow.

Anyway I popped on til fill in my food list so here goes.

Omelette
spring onion
cherry tomatoes
bacon
brown sauce 1/2 syn
banana
Jambalaya

red pepper
whole red chilli
mushrooms
onion
spring onion
tin tomatoes
rice
spices and herbs
chicken
chorizo 4 syns
skips 4 syns

8.5 syns

Have a great day tomorrow everyone x

I didn't manage to get on yesterday but it was also day 13 and unlucky for some...well actually me :eek::eek::eek:

Let's just forget yesterday exsisted, it was not a good one unfortunately it started off well enough wit bacon and BLACK (made by 17 year old son ) scrambled egg :eek: but then ended up with a bit of pudding, kids got me a mcflurry and a bar of chocolate, I didn't even bother flexi synning.

So its a write off.

Here's to day 14 xx

Back