Day 2 - daft newbie questions

Linzois

Well, onto day 2, and I am sipping a coffee with some of my vanilla milkshake in it for brekkie - its delish!

How long before ketosis kicks in and when will I know?

SHould I weigh myself every day, am I likely to see a change?

How much can I expect to lose week one?

Sorry, told u theye were daft questions

Linzois
x

Hi hun, well ketosis can kick in anytime from around end of day 2 to day 4. For me it was day 3. I found I was more colder than usual and my breath had a distinct smell. You will also notice that the hunger pangs will fade. I wouldn't advise you to weigh yourself everyday its a bad habit to get into and you will be more pleased at your official weigh in if you dont. You biggest loss will be the first few weeks so drink loads and enjoy.

im on day 6 im a perpetual weigher and do it every day tonights my first weigh in and i cant wait i hit ketosis on day 3 and dont feel hungry any more good luck hunni xx

Well so far I have seemed to manage ok, but only time will tell if I can stick to it!

Had vanilla shake spread over about 4 cups of coffee which was delicious and toffee n walnut muffin for lunch - totally delish!

Supposed to be at a BBQ tomorrow but not sure I can face it just yet - will see how I feel tomrrow

Thanks again for all your support guys!

Linz
x

Hi I was in Ketosis from day 4 you will know if you have smelly breath but I also found my mouth very dry so you need to up the water intake even if you are already drinking 4 pints a day.
You can buy ketone sticks from your CDC and they cost about £5. Dont test you urine every time once a day is sufficient. However if you have stuck to it 100% there will be no need to test your urine regularly as you will just stay in ketosis. Lots of CDC's offer you to do a stick test at the time of your weigh in so if you dont want to buy them this is a good way of testing once per week.
well done on the muffin I tried a choc one today for the first time and hated it!!!
BBQ's are verytempting but when you get into it fully food might not bother you. I spent lunch the other day with colleagues and two of them had plates of chips.. it just didn't bother me I sat and drank my tetra and a litre of water and filled me up so no need to fancy the chips!!!
a lot of it is will power of which I usually have none!! but if you keep at it the results spur you on I lost 14lbs in my first week

oh and I weigh myself every morning I can't help it!!! if you accept that some days you will stay the same or put on a lb or 2 due to water or needing the loo!if you have stuck to it 100%!! then you'll be fine, good luck.

had my first weigh in and i lost 6lbs hun you can do it x

Back