Day 2 - Hot chocolate

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by puddinpie, 24 March 2009 Social URL.

1. puddinpie

puddinpie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi people, thanks very much for your advice. How do I make hot choc - do I just add cold water and mix then heat it up? Is it the same amount of water? I like the idea of adding peppermint tea to make chocmint. Does anyone have any tips on mixin this stuff as i find i have tonnes of lumps unless i put it into a smoothy maker which is a bit time consuming! Cheers people, Jude x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    Add boiling water & mix. I use a hand blender to mix the shakes/soup- they're pretty cheap in argos/tesco etc.? It's much better than the shaker I think?

4. kered

kered Gold Member

Add any amount of water, I usually make mine a large one with 400ml of water. Add the choc shake to the boiling water and blitz with your hand blender. If I am having peppermint choc, I pour boiling water onto tea bag and leave to brew a few minutes, then remove tea bag, add chocolate shake and blitz.

Be careful if using a shaker though as the hot water has been known to burst out of the shake, I mix mine in a large plastic measuring jug with a hand blender. Smoothy maker all the way, but avoid boiling water if its glass, let it cool a bit beforehand. I use a hand blender from Tesco, only £4

5. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    WHATEVER YOU DO!

DO NOT PUT YOUR MADE SHAKES IN THE MICROWAVE! IT ZAPS THE NUTRIENTS!

:D Just boil water from between 250-300, which I think is when it tastes better, and then mix it in a blender, I heard that mixing hot liquids in the shaker is an explosive experience.

6. puddinpie

puddinpie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    oops......... ! I made my lemon tea and let it cool, mixed in my choc sachet and then put it in the micro - oh dear! Its ok, doesnt taste that good tho, am struggling today with feeling hungry, only the last couple of hours. x

7. kered

kered Gold Member

Have a hot tea or coffee, that might curb your appetite to have something warm. Dont forget you can split your shakes into two to help you get over hunger pangs.

8. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    I thought we couldn't have 'fruit' teas- only 'leaf' ones? Theres something about avoiding citrus on this diet...I'll try & find it out for you...

9. bitbot

bitbot Full Member

yes you're only allowed leaf teas...no fruit or citrus.
    BEWARE - don't put your hot liquid in a shaker as Yasmine said it was an explosive experience....and I ended up with not much to drink as a result ;o)

10. puddinpie

puddinpie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    sorry I meant mint tea, Ive had no citrus. I didnt finish the hot choc tho, didnt really like it.... Just made a mousse of sorts for brekkie...! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.