Day 2 - Hot chocolate

puddinpie

Hi people, thanks very much for your advice. How do I make hot choc - do I just add cold water and mix then heat it up? Is it the same amount of water? I like the idea of adding peppermint tea to make chocmint. Does anyone have any tips on mixin this stuff as i find i have tonnes of lumps unless i put it into a smoothy maker which is a bit time consuming! Cheers people, Jude x

Add boiling water & mix. I use a hand blender to mix the shakes/soup- they're pretty cheap in argos/tesco etc.? It's much better than the shaker I think?

Add any amount of water, I usually make mine a large one with 400ml of water. Add the choc shake to the boiling water and blitz with your hand blender. If I am having peppermint choc, I pour boiling water onto tea bag and leave to brew a few minutes, then remove tea bag, add chocolate shake and blitz.

Be careful if using a shaker though as the hot water has been known to burst out of the shake, I mix mine in a large plastic measuring jug with a hand blender. Smoothy maker all the way, but avoid boiling water if its glass, let it cool a bit beforehand. I use a hand blender from Tesco, only £4

WHATEVER YOU DO!

DO NOT PUT YOUR MADE SHAKES IN THE MICROWAVE! IT ZAPS THE NUTRIENTS!

:D Just boil water from between 250-300, which I think is when it tastes better, and then mix it in a blender, I heard that mixing hot liquids in the shaker is an explosive experience.

oops......... ! I made my lemon tea and let it cool, mixed in my choc sachet and then put it in the micro - oh dear! Its ok, doesnt taste that good tho, am struggling today with feeling hungry, only the last couple of hours. x

Have a hot tea or coffee, that might curb your appetite to have something warm. Dont forget you can split your shakes into two to help you get over hunger pangs.

oops......... ! I made my lemon tea and let it cool, mixed in my choc sachet and then put it in the micro - oh dear! Its ok, doesnt taste that good tho, am struggling today with feeling hungry, only the last couple of hours. x
I thought we couldn't have 'fruit' teas- only 'leaf' ones? Theres something about avoiding citrus on this diet...I'll try & find it out for you...

yes you're only allowed leaf teas...no fruit or citrus.
BEWARE - don't put your hot liquid in a shaker as Yasmine said it was an explosive experience....and I ended up with not much to drink as a result ;o)

sorry I meant mint tea, Ive had no citrus. I didnt finish the hot choc tho, didnt really like it.... Just made a mousse of sorts for brekkie...! x

Back