Day 2 on Lipotrim

jojo70

Hi all,

I have spent hours over the last few weeks reading and researching about Lipotrim and finally decided it was for me.

Today is Day 2 and started ROUGH! I was up off and on all night with a headache and the shakes. I am fighting a Pepsi addiction, as well as going off food, so going off it cold turkey is tough.

I am feeling way better though, thanks to lots of time reading the forum for inspiration and a few really silly, dorky things!

First, before starting the diet, I bought a lad's mag with plenty of girls in bikinis, so I can tape pictures up everywhere for inspiration of what I want my body to look like. Secondly (and this is really, really goofy) when I finally dragged my butt out of bed this afternoon, I blasted the Rocky theme and actually willed my headache away. Now I feel extremely energized and ready to go. I can see my future after weightloss and it will be worth the fight.

Thanks so much to all of you, who I have yet to speak with, yet have already provided so much inspiration through this forum.

By the way, my friend has suggested that I drink green tea, as it has antioxidants to help your body get rid of the free radicals that it's expelling with the dieting... and will give me the caffeine I need to gradually rid myself of my caffeine addiction. Apparently, it also promotes weight loss. Is it on the list of teas OK on the diet? I can't find the info on the Lipotrim site. Also wondering if it's OK to add cinnamon to the vanilla shake for a bit of variety?

Thanks,
Jo

Hi Jo-jo and a big welcome.
Green tea and cinnamon are both fine.
Try 2 spoons of decaff coffee and a sweetener in the vanilla, hot or cold. If you do hot ones, use a blender or mixer, much nicer. Good luck Hun xx

Welcome Jo.

Green tea is fine, it is supposed to be very good for you although I haven't plucked up the courage to try it yet (I discovered I hate tea black!)

Teas to avoid are those with flower or fruit like lemon tea.

The jury is still out on cinnamon. Medea emailed LT about cinnamon Listerine strips and they don't know if it will affect weight loss (it hasn't affected Medea as she is doing very well) so not sure!

Get yourself a ticker so we can see how well you are doing and celebrate your losses with you.

Good luck and keep posting.

x

And Cathy is right, the vanilla with coffee as a latte is yummy!!!!! I have it for my first shake cold. Haven't tried it hot yet! All the shakes are better if made in a blender or shaker, nice and frothy.

x

Hi Jo, welcome to the family:D

good evening and welcome to such a friendly group. cant wait to see how you get on and you really looked into ya resources before you started which makes me see you are gonna do well at this. i myself had a coke cola addiction only thing i would drink but my oh sits there and drinks it now and i am not bothered in the slightest first couple of days i was but not now. good luck hun xxx

Well done for working on kicking the Pepsi habit hun... fizzy drinks are SOOO bad for you. Not only because of the caffeine and sugar (and the sugar-free ones are high in acidity so just as bad) but also because they have recently been linked to osteoporosis. So when you feel like you want a Pepsi, read this:

"Many general dietary factors have been suggested as a cause of osteoporosis, including: low calcium-high phosphorus intake, high-protein diet, high-acid-ash diet, high salt intake, and trace mineral deficiencies. It appears that increased soft drink consumption is a major factor that contributes to osteoporosis. A deficiency of vitamin K leads to impaired mineralization of bone. Boron deficiency may contribute greatly to osteoporosis as well as to menopausal symptoms."
"Soft drinks have long been suspected of leading to lower calcium levels and higher phosphate levels in the blood. When phosphate levels are high and calcium levels are low, calcium is pulled out of the bones. The phosphate content of soft drinks like Coca -Cola and Pepsi is very high, and they contain virtually no calcium."

Today is Day 2 and started ROUGH! I was up off and on all night with a headache and the shakes. I am fighting a Pepsi addiction, as well as going off food, so going off it cold turkey is tough.

My day 2 was the hardest as well, but on day 3 I was in ketosis and I have never looked back!

I am feeling way better though, thanks to lots of time reading the forum for inspiration and a few really silly, dorky things!

There are no silly ideas when it comes to what motivates you hunni - you gotta do what you gotta do! If it works, go with it! :D

I can see my future after weightloss and it will be worth the fight.

Lol at the "worth the fight" - I can tell you've been listening to the Rocky theme!! I had a sudden image of you shadow-boxing round the living room! :D

Seriously though, you sound really determined... if you can keep that up over the next few days you'll be so glad you stuck with it, believe me. The rewards are soooo worth it, you'll see that there really is no point in cheating - you will be cheating yourself out of this amazing opportunity to get to the size you've dreamed of.

And yes, green tea does help metabolism and is totally fine on Lipotrim - so swig away! The more water, tea etc, you drink (within reason!) the better!

Sorry for the long post! :eek:

Mx

Hello and welcome chick :patback:

Hi and welcome, its great to hear from a really positive, focussed newbie. I popped painkillers for the headaches for the first few days as I don't see the point in feeling any worse than you have to. Black tea or coffee would help with the caffeine withdrawal from the cola if you don't like the green tea.

As there is a real lot of rubbish in the cola coming off that and having alol the vits in the shakes will make you feel really good in a couple of days. You will feel so great at your first weigh, good luck x

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support! Today is day 4 of Operation Big Butt Be Gone. Yesterday, I didn't feel great, but I felt a lot better than the day before. I was still shaking pretty badly yesterday, but that's mellowed a lot today. My headache is gone and I'm really happily surprised, as I expected the caffeine withdrawl to take much longer. I'm still feeling a little hungry, but nothing serious and water seems to take care of it. My mouth is starting to taste pretty bad, so I'm guessing that's ketosis kicking in. Welcome, my stinky friend!

I have pinned a picture at my desk of a girl in a bikini and a note that says "You WILL do it!!!", as inspiration for what I want to look like. i can't wait! I am so excited to be on the way back to the real me.

Thanks again to my new friends,
Jo

Last edited:
And with such a positive attitude you'll find it a breeze!! Glad to hear that your symptoms are easing up hun, soon they'll be gone and you'll be amazed at yourself for being so strong!! The 'thinspiration' is a great idea and very good for keeping motivated!! You will do this honey! :D When's your first WI? xx

hi jo, i to have only just started this is my sixth day, i had my first weighin yesterday as my pharmasist wanted to check on me before the week was up to see how i was going and i was amazed that in 5 days i lost 3.7kg which is roughly 8lbs i was gobsmaked, i was also on ladies week so i was doubly amazed, this does work we just have to think positive and know we are doing it for a reason ourselves, and noone else , good luck sweetheart
love dawn

And with such a positive attitude you'll find it a breeze!! Glad to hear that your symptoms are easing up hun, soon they'll be gone and you'll be amazed at yourself for being so strong!! The 'thinspiration' is a great idea and very good for keeping motivated!! You will do this honey! :D When's your first WI? xx

Thanks, Rainbow Brite. My first weigh in is next Tuesday. I can't wait. I am hoping for a big first week loss. However, I have decided that no matter what it is, I'm going to feel good about just having taken control of my weight and doing something about it. No matter what the actual weight loss is, my shape is already changing and my puffiness has disappeared. A big number for my first week's weight loss will just be a bonus.

Jo

Well done Jo for getting this far. After your WI you will defo be dancing home from the chemist and it will keep you focused on your goal.

Don't forget to post your loss on here so we can all celebrate with you. And get yourself a ticker so you can see how well you are doing.

I usually weigh in on Mondays but with the bank holiday I'm getting weighed Tuesday too. Can't wait to hear how well we do!

Good luck hun.

x

Back