Total Solution Day 2 - so far so good!

Kurlyk8

Hi All,

Well I am in day 2 - not feeling too bad, a little bit hungry but obviously that is to be expected. I am struggling to drink water but I managed to drink around 3 and a half litres yesterday as I've heard its key to weight loss.

Does anyone know if I can chew sugar free gum? I have had a look on here but no one seems to know for sure. I have had a couple of bits but chewed it for like 3 minutes to get the minty bit then took it out lol! That shouldn't take me out of ketosis should it?

Also - how do I know when I am in ketosis? On cambridge you get those stick thingys that tell you but on Exante you don't so I'm not sure!

No we're not allowed any chewing gum, it sucks!

And you can buy ketostix online if you want to test for ketosis. Most people are there by day 5ish.

No chewing gum? Noooo! That's pants! Why aren't you allowed it? Not even for 3 minutes? lol

I'll check out the ketostix cheers. By the way - well done on your first week. 13lbs is wicked! I hope I do as well.. maybe i've ruined my 2nd day with a bit of wrigleys!

Chewing gum seems to be the same on most very low calorie diet, it isn't recommended although some still do it without side effects.

I think its because chewing makes your body think you are going to have food so your stomach starts producing acid in preparation for processing the food. If you then aren't eating it can make you feel very hungry and I think I read on the Exante website it can knock you out of ketosis.

Having said that, I previously lost 3 stone on Cambridge diet and would chew gum once or twice a day for about a minute or so (just long enough to get rid of furry tongue and freshen breath) and I was absolutely fine. But if following the diet 100% then no its not allowed xx

Good luck Kate on your weight loss, first few days is hard to adjust but once you hit your second week and you're in ketosis and things start become a routine, it gets easier!

Exante site says...

Can I chew gum?
Chewing gum may bring you out of ketosis as gastric juices are released. If you feel chewing gum will help you to sustain your diet then it is your own individual choice. If possible you should try not to chew for more than a few minutes.

Well done on reaching your second day, I've only just started today :)

Well done on getting to day 2! You sound really positive so should have no problem getting thru you 1st week. On LL chewing gum was also banned. Does anyone know about mouthwash and the mint sprays to freshen you breath?

Hmm I think mouthwash and sprays are ok

I've started today, was supposed to be yesterday but my pack didn't arrive until 4pm! So have started and going ok, hope i will be saying the same next week.

Ha funny you said that samprand - I've just been shopping and got both of those things!

lol funny, well go nuts! Who needs food when you can have mouthwash :D The things we do for weight loss x

Haha yeah I've just had a rinse of mouthwash and some water.. Mmmmmm so filling, almost as good as a fillet steak! Naaaat lol

I'm getting hungry now. I have my last shake between 8 and 9 as I'm usually up pretty late. My stomach is making some pretty interesting noises. Gargling and rumbling - I think it's crying! Haha

Well done for getting through day two. I'm the same (on day two that is). I'm feeling quite 'icky' right now, but I've only had one product so far, so i hope I feel a little better in a minute after my next shake.

I must admit I don't have any tummy rumbles, I just feel a bit nauseous - but I'm hanging on waiting for the ketosis fairy to visit :)

Good luck with the rest of your week and I hope we can both post up some good weight losses at the end of it.

Yeah I feel really sick but I put that down to hunger more than anything. I also take medication (Lamotrigine) and I'm not sure on how that's going to effect me. I ordered the shakes anyway because I read a thread on here that someone on the Cambridge Diet was also taking the same medication.

We shall see eh! So far so good apart from my mouth feeling furry and I'm sick of drinking water!

Yeah I feel really sick but I put that down to hunger more than anything. I also take medication (Lamotrigine) and I'm not sure on how that's going to effect me. I ordered the shakes anyway because I read a thread on here that someone on the Cambridge Diet was also taking the same medication.

We shall see eh! So far so good apart from my mouth feeling furry and I'm sick of drinking water!

I'm getting hungry now. I have my last shake between 8 and 9 as I'm usually up pretty late. My stomach is making some pretty interesting noises. Gargling and rumbling - I think it's crying! Haha

bwahahaha I really laughed :D

I've just finished my second day, worked a 12 hour shift and literally had NO time to have any packs, so I survived on water all day - god knows how - and avoided the temptation of all sorts of lovely food. Because I was working my fluid intake wasn't great, and I had the furry feeling in my mouth too. How has the dreaded day 3 gone for you? I've got it to look forward to tomorrow, yippee!

Hey up!

I've struggled today, I won't lie to ya. Doesn't help when the best show on in the evening is 'come dine with me' it's like actual torture! I've had a rotten headache all evening and I feel really sick.

I am thinking about slipping an evening meal into the plan which will take me up to 800 calories a day but I would probably stick to it more if I did that. I'm going to do a week of TS and see how I feel when I get weighed.

Day 4 tomorrow - lets hope in go into ketosis!

Note to self: must avoid cooking shows lol Yeah I think W.S and having an evening meal is a good compromise for people who really struggle on TS, and you would still lose weight so it's all good :) So you'e on day 4 now, hows the headache and nausea? Have you got any ketostix to check for ketosis? x

Back