day 2

Not a massive gauntlet throwing or owt...:)! It will be really good to see how we both do, see how are bodies are coping with it differently. Are you finding it much different this time round?

I would love to have the time and the resources to go to the gym, but its just not possible. I reckon I get enough exercise runing around after the kids.....:).
So whats your plan? How long on SS before you start moving up?

ps just had a chocolate orange, feeling a bit sick and headachy tonight

Not a massive gauntlet throwing or owt...:)! It will be really good to see how we both do, see how are bodies are coping with it differently. Are you finding it much different this time round?

2nd time round - i was really worried that i wouldn't cope. i'd heard people say that it's harder as you know what to expect, honestly though, i've been fine. it's good to know what stage you are at and know it's not much longer to ketosis - spotting all the signs etc.

I would love to have the time and the resources to go to the gym, but its just not possible. I reckon I get enough exercise runing around after the kids.....:).

i'm lucky in that i've joined a fab gym with facilities for my daughter and there's even a creche there if i needed to put my son in it. i've also got nice parents who will, occasionally, look after my son or daughter or sometimes both.

So whats your plan? How long on SS before you start moving up?

my plan - that's a bit of the unknown lol. so far it's do ss for as long as possible to get my weight off or until i feel i desperately need more. so i'm assuming if i loose weight on an average of 3.5lbs per week and i need to move up around 12stone then - taking away the amount i've already lost

ss for another - 7/8 weeks ish (1 st and 13lbs to go)
810 for - 2 weeks
then move up further until i've adapted my plan and i'm still loosing but on carbs again.

ps just had a chocolate orange, feeling a bit sick and headachy tonight

i'm not keen on the choc orange and it doesn't make muffins at all as it just tastes foul.

Hiya Great Things

sounds as though you are a bit of an exercise junkie...:) Hows it going today?

I can't imagine going without food for 7/8 weeks as you put in your previous post. Did you follow it religiously last time? I just hope that at some point I don't start to miss my old life of eating and drinking and lose my way. Dont get me wrong, I'm "enjoying" myself at the mo in a strange sort of way, as its proving to me that I do have will power and seeing the scales a pound lighter every morning is wonderful but still - 7 weeks without food is a long long time. Besides I haven't told anyone I'm doing it, other than husband, so at some point I'm going to have a few questions to answer.... If I told my mum she'd worry and I'm not sure how supportive some of my friends would be so have kept it to myself and just got on with it.

Were you maintaining your new weight when you fell preg again? How long were you maintaining and did you get back into normal food ok?

Got a strawberry to try tonight, not usually keen on strawberry flavoured things so here goes.....xx

Hiya Great Things

sounds as though you are a bit of an exercise junkie...:) Hows it going today?

I can't imagine going without food for 7/8 weeks as you put in your previous post. Did you follow it religiously last time? I just hope that at some point I don't start to miss my old life of eating and drinking and lose my way. Dont get me wrong, I'm "enjoying" myself at the mo in a strange sort of way, as its proving to me that I do have will power and seeing the scales a pound lighter every morning is wonderful but still - 7 weeks without food is a long long time. Besides I haven't told anyone I'm doing it, other than husband, so at some point I'm going to have a few questions to answer.... If I told my mum she'd worry and I'm not sure how supportive some of my friends would be so have kept it to myself and just got on with it.

Were you maintaining your new weight when you fell preg again? How long were you maintaining and did you get back into normal food ok?

Got a strawberry to try tonight, not usually keen on strawberry flavoured things so here goes.....xx

hiya

i guess you could say i'm an exercise junkie but i just can't get enough of it at the moment. i'd love to go every day to do something or other.

last time on CD i had around 5 1/2st to loose and i did SS for 10 weeks straight. after 10 weeks i was ready to attempt food again and had a light meal from the 810. then back to ss again. it did get to a point when on ss i was hungry again and not coping well and had to up to the 810 but i was running lots as i was in training for a 10k and the great north run. i'd had 2 weeks of no loss and suddenly 8lbs off in a week on the 810. wow!

last time round i stuck to ss religiously. i had no slips or blips. i was 100%. i used to go out to the pub and drink water all night long whilst hubby and friends were on the hard stuff. i was so determined to loose my weight that nothing was going to stop me! my mum was a bit funny about me loosing weight this way but it was my choice and that was just that. i didn't mind telling people that i was on CD. i do supply teaching work so go all over the place. i've had some strange responses this time round with one friend who knows - said it just wasn't natural to loose weight this quick. mind i must say that she was going to start weight watchers in jan as she needs to loose around 5 stone but she keeps putting it off for various reasons. plus the comment she wrote on my fb wall suddenly went after i'd read it, not that i commented on it, so guilts?

unfortunately apart from doing the 810 then trying to do 1000 i didn't do any beyond these plans as i wanted to loose a little more before i started going up the plans but fell pg. i did keep to the diet with shakes for a few weeks but as soon as i hit 6 weeks pg the sickness started and i couldn't stomach the shakes, tetras, bars or any of the other foods that i was eating to keep healthy. straight back to eating every few hours to stop the feeling.

1st week weigh in..... 11lbs taken by the whoosh fairy.

Fantastic news!!! Well done you must be chuffed to bits :D:D:D. So makes it all worth while to see such brilliant results as that.

Got mine in the morning, so wish me luck.....xx

great things...ive started today and i LOVE to run...my cdc has suggested i dont run for weeks but i see your doing it on ss, i can easily run 8-10 miles so do you think i could keep running? when would be best to start up again if a break is needed?

keep going!! hope i can!!
:D

Fantastic news!!! Well done you must be chuffed to bits :D:D:D. So makes it all worth while to see such brilliant results as that.

Got mine in the morning, so wish me luck.....xx

GOOD LUCK for tomorrow :D i'm sure you'll have a fantastic loss too. have you not dared look yet?

great things...ive started today and i LOVE to run...my cdc has suggested i dont run for weeks but i see your doing it on ss, i can easily run 8-10 miles so do you think i could keep running? when would be best to start up again if a break is needed?

keep going!! hope i can!!
:D

hiya

i kept to my gym schedule as i need to for myself. what i would say to you is this..... when you are a day or two in you will find yourself rediculously hungry at first and that can affect your running in that you will feel a little wiped out energy wise and may struggle but when you are in ketosis you will be fine to continue. last week i ran and did my gym routine as well as a body pump class, my first. it was fine for me. i'm only just getting back into my running and building it up again after not doing any since being 20 weeks pregnant. i started back out at 1 min again and last week i managed 7 mins of running on the treadmill. today cause i'm in ketosis and feeling the buzz and have tons of energy i ran for 10 mins solid. i could have ran longer but i'm into interval training at the moment to get my fitness up quickly. i'd start by going out for a gently run nothing strenuous, no hills. go for a straight and go for a couple of miles to see how you are! you can feel dizzy and if do you must listen to your body and sit down, drink some water and then, i'd say at the gym go home but if you are running outside then i'd walk home. you can but try. i ran last time i was on ss with no problems.

good luck

thanks a million that really helpful...good luck to u too, sounds like ur firing!!!!!:D

wow!! thats amazing...struggling on day 2 and that is definite inspiration! x x

wow!! thats amazing...struggling on day 2 and that is definite inspiration! x x

Stick with it because it is worth it. I struggled few the first couple of days but around day 4/5 it suddenly got better. Dont get me wrong, I miss food and even had to have a good smell of my husbands cheese on toast last night, but the end result will be worth the sacrifce. How much weight have you got to lose?

FANTASTIC! whop whop!

How are you finding week 2? I'm glad that I know whats coming shake/soup wise so there are no nasty surprises.

Still managing to drink loads of water, stopped the perfectly clear by the way, you were the only person who replied. My CDC did say it was ok to have but Im not sure, I think like you said it was stopping me going totally into ketosis.

How much are you hoping to lose this week, given your past experience? Don't want to build myself up too much but 4lb would be nice to take me to 1 stone off.... :sigh:

hiya

i think the forums are a bit quiet lately from what i've read elsewhere.

week 2 is ok.... just tracking time until i'm well into it and not going around sniffing food, just like you.

did you manage to get some water flavouring? i've never had it in water but i did use it to make jelly from. great extra stuff for when you need something.

weight loss.... not sure what to expect. last time round it was 9lbs followed by 6lbs. however, having lost 11lbs my first week i'm not expecting 6lbs at all, although i would be rather pleased if i did loose that since i've not got anyway near the amount to loose this time round compared to last time. i suppose 4lbs would be great.

still doing my gym and working hard at it. spoiling myself with a nice americano each day if i pass a costa etc

im ok thanks!! feeling good...day 3 is nearly is over!! wahooo...think im on my way in ketosis which is nice!! i need to loose about 50ibs id say a bit more if i can!! i want to know how you do all the jazzy goal setting at the bottom o each post!! ive written it manually a couple of times but god its time consuming!

smelling food is awful isnt it!!

have had to endure indian, pasta....but worse of all bacon sandwiches!! but your both right...it will totally be worth it...im really motivated at the moment and im slowly introducing excercise as i have been havin a dizzy spell here and there!!

keep it up guys....just think how fab we will look!!x x x x

p.s there are 2 to choose from so you need this one.

Back