day 2

great things

Gold Member
day 2

gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

feel so hungry. :(

hoping it passes.

trying to keep myself occupied.

focusing on day 3 coming in tomorrow and the fact that my breath honks. totally stinks this must be a great sign. fingers crossed. keep wanting forbidden drinks to the point where i can taste it in my mouth!

Hello, fellow day 2-er here :)!

Im not doing too bad on the hunger front but Ive got headache and feel slightly dizzy. Must have had easy 6 or 7 pints of water today!

Have you done this before and how much have you got to lose? I was very confident before I started that I'd be focussed and stick to it easy enough because I really want to lose the weight but the reality is quite different.....

My aim at the minute is to get through week 1.

Good luck! Would be nice to buddy up if you are interested? xx

this is my 3rd time. first time round i didn't do it properly though and did the old 790 which turned into the 810! got pg then put on loads then did it again. this time i did ss and lost 5 1/2 stone. then fell pg again and put on some of it.

so 3rd time round but 2nd time properly.

i've got 3 stone to loose so should take me around 10 weeks.

wouldn't mind buddying up.

Hi great things and feelsofrumpy i see you both have recently started, ive just about got through my first day but im feeling confident that i can do it this time (well i hope so). ive got loads to lose which gets me down knowing im in it for the long run but i so want to get rid of this weight so im giving it whatever i can, i found today the hardest it wa so hard trying to ignore food at times i just wanted to give in but more than the food i want this weight to go (i think ive finally got my head on the right way lol). i hope well all see alot of each other on here for our rambles and motivation to keep going, hope tomorrow easier and hope we all get through it.

you will loose your weight. i know people who stuck it for over a year and dropped a stone a month.

just keep it in your mind that each and every day counts.

i managed 5 months last time. you soon get into the swing of things. then it all becomes 2nd nature.

last time i started around the same time of year feb 08. i had to endure easter with no egg, my hubby's birthday etc...

to help i put things into boxes of those are his, these are my daughters etc. i found by doing that these food items were no longer mine and i couldn't eat them. worth a try.

the problem is im fine at home, but being at work is the hard bit, their always munching away and sharing, but i just have to get used to saying no thankyou. im thinking of joing the gym but i heard it slow down weight loss, i just want to get thing moving on

hiya

join the gym! last time i did ss i was running. it helped me loose in my own mind and kept me fit and active. i got fit and did a 5k, 10k and the great north run. i love running and it keeps me sane. i ran up to 20 weeks pg then stopped as recommended by my midwife. i then took up walking which is also fantastic stuff.

try walking first. walk fast so that you breath heavily. sometimes better on your joints.

hey
thanks for the advise, i might give it a go after the first week or two after my body ha adjusted to the withdrawal of food. how are you finding cd and do you have alot to lose aswel?

i find it great. i've only 3 stone. less now as i've lost 7lbs since monday.

it's hard work initially then when your body adjusts it's wonderful. you fell so full of energy, you sleep better, amazing!

i'm still keeping to my gym routine. i went yesterday for a session and i have to say that it was a bit harder than usual but i pushed on. i've had no light headedness or dizziness so i'm fine so far. going again as usual tomorrow.

7lb off thats brilliant, great things. Well done!!! Sounds as though you know what you are doing!

Good luck zarina, I'm on day 3 and feeling much better today. Hit a bit of low yesterday when I was doing my kids tea, I just wanted to pick up their plates and scoff the lot. I abstained of course and settled for a not very nice cappuccino shake!

How are you finding the shakes/soups? I thought I would struggle but I'm finding one or two that I actually like, not even tolerating, but enjoying them. Maybe cos something is better than nothing??? :)

My first week is 9 days, just cos thats how it fits in with my counsellor so Im hoping for a big loss. I too have around 3 stones to lose, did I see great things mentioned 10 weeks? Thats cheered me up no end! How much have you to lose Zarina?

Hope you are both having good days.....my biggest problems are kids meals and snacks but like you both I am so determined to lose this weight that I'm not gunna let anything stop mexx

yep 10 weeks should see it all off and not all ss either. you'll prob find after a few stone (2 to 2 1/2) you'll want or need to move up the plans.

from my recollection i had a few weeks where i lost nothing and i moved to the 810 and lost 8lbs (i was running as well though). this was about a stone away from where i wanted to be.

Good evening....

how wierd is this - I have just noticed that our statistics are virtually the same??? I weigh 1lb more than you and we both have the same goal weight and started on the same day too. Whats the chances of that? Its a challenge then!

How have you found day 4? I had a bad night with my girls, ended up sleeping on the bedroom floor with them from 3am so been feeling groggy today. Not sure whether its down to lack of food or lack or sleep.

My breath is seriously starting to hummmm - is this a good sign for ketosis? Has yours kicked in yet?

What have you got for your breakfast? I'm trying butterscotch in the morning - haven't had one yet and am hoping that it will be another nice one :)! xx

hey great things, 7lbs is great, ive got 7stone to lose which is alot but im determined to do it, im on day 3 and ive felt totally drained and awful, unlike the first time round my head really hurts and im really feeling the hunger kick in, but im doing my best to fill up on water, im hoping things will get better on day 4 or 5, the sooner the better in my case. how are you finding these days have you kicked into ketosis yet

hey feelsofrumpy, must be real hard having to make them their tea without having some but keep at it your doing great, we can all do it and then feel great when we lose our weight and feel good about ourselves again. im only on shakes, ive tried the soups and porridges but hated them with a passion, im really liking the strawberry shakes and the vanila and banana ones to, cant weight to week 3 when i can have my peanut bars (i actually miss them)

Hiya, its a sad old world! I've really enjoyed my hot butterscotch this morning :). I've got 2 spicy tomatos and a cappuccino that I'm going to have to change as I cant stomach the thought of them. I've been really surprised at what I have liked so far - the ones that I wasn't expecting to like I've loved and those I thought would be my thing I've found disgusting.....! Looking forward to trying the bars too for a bit of vairety.

Day 5 today, I can hardly believe I 've gone 4 full days with no food....sneaky look at the scales this morning and 7lb off since Monday so at least I know its worth it. I'm wearing some jeans today that this time last week were too tight :)

Hope you all have a good day ladies. Dreading the weekend but at this moment in time I'm so motivated so I think I'll be fine. Keep up the good work xx

Good evening....

how wierd is this - I have just noticed that our statistics are virtually the same??? I weigh 1lb more than you and we both have the same goal weight and started on the same day too. Whats the chances of that? Its a challenge then!

How have you found day 4? I had a bad night with my girls, ended up sleeping on the bedroom floor with them from 3am so been feeling groggy today. Not sure whether its down to lack of food or lack or sleep.

My breath is seriously starting to hummmm - is this a good sign for ketosis? Has yours kicked in yet?

What have you got for your breakfast? I'm trying butterscotch in the morning - haven't had one yet and am hoping that it will be another nice one :)! xx

hiya

i hadn't noticed that our stats are the same :D

it's prob lack of sleep cause i've been sleeping really well and the energy will kick in soon and i'll be bouncing with life.

my breath has been stinking since day 3. so so bad i've been brushing my teeth lots and had a few pieces of gum to take away the smell.

i've got another porridge to have and thought i'd have it for brekkie today but decided i didn't want it so had a choc mint then a choc and a soup. still 1 to go. so i'll have the porridge tonight. haven't drank as much water today as i did yesterday but that's cause i had the gym yesterday and went through 2 lit just at the gym.

i recon i'm in ketosis as i don't feel as starving hungry as i used to just slight pangs when i need to drink some water or have a shake.

so far i'm 10lbs down from my own weigh in on monday but CDC's weigh in was lower on the tues am as i'd already dropped 4lbs by then.

hey great things, 7lbs is great, ive got 7stone to lose which is alot but im determined to do it, im on day 3 and ive felt totally drained and awful, unlike the first time round my head really hurts and im really feeling the hunger kick in, but im doing my best to fill up on water, im hoping things will get better on day 4 or 5, the sooner the better in my case. how are you finding these days have you kicked into ketosis yet

you'll start to feel better soon. i think that this time round i've gone into ketosis far sooner than i did last time. last time i was a bit off for 2 weeks.

it is hard preparing others food while you can't eat it and remembering not to lick your fingers.

the other day i was out with my mum and the kids and we had lunch out. i had to sit there while they ate italian and i was drinking a coffee. the smell really got to me but i survived... you've got to. it's getting easier as the weight drops off quick. i remember last time have a few dodgy tummy days in my first few weeks and these helped drop the weight really well.

feelsofrumpy - how tall are you then?

wow 10lbs already? you are doing really really well. Im 5ft 8 what about you? Do you think going to the gym is making a massive difference? I have 3 little ones, all under 3, so no chance of anything like that for me unfortunatley.

my cdc gave me some porridge samples to try as I was telling her that I hate normal porridge. Haven't managed to bring myself to try it yet....

Keep up the good work. Wishing I hadn't thrown down the gauntlet now I know how well you are doing :D

wow 10lbs already? you are doing really really well. Im 5ft 8 what about you? Do you think going to the gym is making a massive difference? I have 3 little ones, all under 3, so no chance of anything like that for me unfortunatley.

my cdc gave me some porridge samples to try as I was telling her that I hate normal porridge. Haven't managed to bring myself to try it yet....

Keep up the good work. Wishing I hadn't thrown down the gauntlet now I know how well you are doing :D

so same height and weight lol. cool :D

i like porridge and have to say that the first one i had the apple and cinnamon one was horrid as it was so salty but i've tweeked the recipe by addling a little more water, mixing it slowly with the water and cooking it for less time as it is a little more sloppy. also having it at night rather than in the morning too was wonderful. warm and lumpy. i'm going to get one a day. it's so hard now as there's so much fantastic choice. you'll need 5 shakes a day - 1 sweet, 1 soup, 1 porridge, 1 bar and 1 tetra lol. i'll have to drop one or another.

the gym makes a difference to me. it gets my head in the right place and gets me to focus. it's a bit of me time and a chance to do my favourite things. i have my daughter who is 3 years old and comes to the gym with me as there's a group she can go to and be left with them. my son is either at nursery (2 afternoons a week) or my parents have him.

did i miss the gauntlet throwing :eek: ?!?

Back