Day 3 and missing food

CharlieLou84

Today is day 3 and as with both the last two days, I haven't felt any real hunger yet. I just cannot stop thinking about food - at least once every 10 minutes and its driving me insane!

I went into a shop for the first time since starting and there were loads of chocolates on offer, and I stood and thought "I really could take them home and eat them all in one go" I didn't buy them of course, but I am really getting fed up of 'dreaming' about real food. Really fed up. And its only day 3!

Anyone else struggling with this? I think the fact that I'm not hungry is making it worse because I really don't have any reason to obsess about food so much. I suppose all the times I am thinking about food now, I would've before but I would've just gone and had what I wanted.

I am also really angry with myself that I can't just diet normally, that I don't have any self-control - particularly when I spoke to one of my customers today and she lost 3.5lbs on WW last night and is going to 'treat' herself to a chinese tonight.

I really want to succeed at this. I just don't want to end up losing my mind at the same time!!

Hopefully weigh in on Wednesday will prove its all been worth it.

C xx

hi again CharlieLou.
Ok so your first point. Obsessing about food is exactly what I did for the first week, even dreaming about it. It drove me mad. It was definately a physchological thing rather than a hunger thing though. On day five I was in floods of tears, hormones all over the place and no idea how to fill the void that I usually filled with food (not talking about my tummy lol). I was ready to give it all up but I text my llc to say how crap I was feeling and she really helped me get my head straight. The next day I felt fab!
Your second point about being cross with yourself, I know just how you feel as I often feel that way but life really is too short and you need to accept your limitations and realise you are only human just like the rest of us.
LOL at your customer rewarding herself with a chinese as that's exactly what I used to do. LL aims to help us to stop 'rewarding' ourselves with food or eating when we're depressed, stressed, tired etc etc.
Your weight loss on weds will spur you on hugely I promise you so stick with it. x

Thanks Flossy.. glad i'm not the only one xxx Think I'm going to take myself to bed for a nap and hopefully wake up in a better mood xx

it is hard, strange but I was so excited to be starting LL can honestly say I must have been really lucky as I seriously didnt think too much about food when i first started.....but its week 10 for me and I am starting to struggle and Im so missing food now (i adore food always have ) i am thinking about the time when i start to eat food again and really cannot wait!

stick with it and you will be so delighted with yourself that you did x

Well done Tracy - the photo of you in your old trousers is amazing. x

thanks charlie lou, that was 2 weeks into it......should try them back on now just for a laugh ha ha x

Bloody hell!! You should definitely and put them up for us to see xx

Have to think of different kinds of treats now, not food.
Clothes, shoes, make-up, hair do, spa, manicure, time with friends, walk by the beach, in a park or the countryside, girly night in, girly night out, long soak in the bath.......................................
enjoy xx

Hi Charlie,
I bet after a few more days you will just get on with your day to day stuff & not even give food any thought - you will be in such a good routine wih your packs:)
That said, there will always be reminders around us but you will have the motivation to ignore them!
I filled the car up tonight & when i went in to pay, there was a queue so I had not choice but to stare at all the goodies surrounding me:eek: I would have gladly stuffed my face but i didn't cos losing weight is too important to me. I just hope I can stay that strong all the way through to the end of the programme :p
Oh and last time i did LL i became obsessed with cookery programmes - i think it was just another way to experince food while i was in abstinence - wierd!
Its early days; don't be too hard on yourself :hug99:
yoyo
xx

Thanks ladies.. SlenderBrenda - I'm going to definitely get into the whole pampering myself but finding it hard at the moment as working from home, so can't really leave my laptop to do anything. Work should be busy for the next few weeks so that should keep me and my mind occupied during the day.

I had a lil bit of a wobble this evening because I emailed my friend to ask that she cancel my food for her wedding on 1st Oct because of the diet and she replied saying that if I'm not going to eat, she'll have to give my place to someone else! She's my best friend's sister and although I class her as a friend, she doesn't really owe me anything.

So, I have one of two options - still go and have food put in front of me and attempt to eat a little or not go and be miserable. If I plan that my weight loss for that week isn't going to be fantastic so I'm prepared for it, and promise myself that I get back on it on the Saturday morning, then maybe I'll be okay. My fear is eating it, enjoying it so much that on Saturday morning I wake up wanting to eat more real food. However, as I'll have been dieting for just over two weeks at that point, I should think people will see my weight loss and that will spur me on.

Plus I've had the most disgusting photos taken tonight of me in my underwear (they will never be for public viewing as they're not matching:) but my LLC didn't take my week 1 photos as she was busy, and wanted something for me to see my results.

I don't think it is an option to give up on the diet, and on a new healthier me. I'm guessing if others were in this position, they'd not attend the wedding???

C xxxx

Hi Charlie, I find your 'friend's response slightly rude and unfair. It is really is upto you to decide whether or not you would like to eat at the wedding. However, I feel if I cheat once and get away with it, I will cheat again and again, in the long run making it harder for myself to be successful on the diet. Temptation is evil. If you let it through your door once, it will knock again.

To answer your question, I wouldn't go to the wedding. :)

Hi Charlie,
If it was me I would have another chat to the bride and explain how important it is to you to stay on track. You appreciate being invited and wish them well for the future whether you eat or not.
If she's still not receptive then I wouldn't go.
If you eat it won't make any difference to anyone else. She can always say to the venue that there will be a guest who won't be eating.
I went to an important family party - 90th. birthday sit down dinner, shortly after I started. I had the dinner, moved it around my plate a bit, then swapped my plate with my OH by previous arrangement. Only 1 person noticed, my brother in law who was sitting next to me. You'll be surprised how few people take any notice.
Good luck whatever you decide.

I think about food all the time as well when im on the diet but it makes me realise why im overweight. Previous to LL i probably thought about food and subsequently went and ate it!

I need to get it back into my head that there is more to life than food and that food is really only a 'fuel' to keep us going. It is hard at the start and last time i did it i noticed after a few months i was craving food, hence the reason i failed after losing 4.5 stone :cry:

Just need to get focussed again and back in the zone ;)

Hi Charlielou84.

Can I just say...please try and not eat if you go to the wedding.
I had a week off LL and getting back to abstinence has been a nightmare. I have a couple of good days and then bam...I sabbotage my efforts and have to repeat the vicious circle once more.
If you go take bar and a 500ml bottle of water to mix a shake in, all the better than eating the food infront of you...even if you have an extra bar/ pack on the day it's going to be better than eating food.

Just letting you know my experience and hope it helps:)

I can see both sides. The bride has probably spent weeks/months getting into a sweat over choosing the perfect food for her wedding guests and her wedding is the be all and end all of her life.

However, losing weight is your priority and if I was you I would discreetly slip away before the meal and have one of your foodpacks and then sit at the food table and do as slenda say's above and pretend to eat and swap with a partner. You can always palm off certain foods to some men as they are always keen to have an extra helping! (not all men, just the greedy ones!)

If you were a diabetic or had some other disease or allergy, people wouldn't force you to eat so if anyone presses you to eat up then say that you are undergoing a food intolerance evaluation and are unable to eat for a few days but it's ok because you are under medical supervision.

To be honest, most people when given a 'free' meal are usually concentrating on their own plate rather than noticing anyone elses.

If you can get through this, which I presume will be a very nice meal, and overcome your wanting to eat, then think how good you will feel afterwards.

You can do it, but you have to want to do it. x

Good advice St. Angelo.
I've just thought - maybe I like it because you agree with me!!!

Everything gets better after first three days. Im doing lighter life and im on day ten. Order your food shop for rest of family online instead of going into the shops and make things for others that you dont like. Obsessing about food will ease honestly. Stick with it, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!!! x x x

Yep. I do nearly all my food shopping on line now,
It releases time ,saves me money and temptation. I don't have to carry it. The frozen things arrive home frozen. They deliver it into my kitchen, even if it's raining. I love it.

Back