Original Day 3 and positive, but how do you keep going?

Reward your achievements rather than mentally bullying yourself if you ever have a slip up. I had 8 stone to lose which seems like soooo much it was hard to imagine getting there, so I took it in 7lb steps- I bought a charm bracelet and got a new charm for every half stone

xxx

I have done that too - with a pandora bracelet.....Im just wondering if a cupcake charm is a suitable one to get because I love that one....or get a numbered one for each stone gone...that would really keep me on the straight and narrow if i was having a bad day.

I have lost 4 or 5 stone. I say 'or' because I know I have put some of my weight back on. BUT, it has taken me 3 years to lose this weight and I see it as having taken the scenic route rather than the motorway. If I really want a takeaway, then I will have one and not beat myself up, after all, life is for living, but I also know when to get back on track and eat sensibly. In the long term I have improved my health tremendously, reduced my diabetic medication and feel a whole lot better.

I was always in a hurry for a 'quick fix' but that doesn't suit all of us. Take it at your own pace and give yourself a pat on the back for every pound you lose.

Do not deny yourself anything, that is the worse thing you can do, but remember one naughty meal does not sabotage your whole healthy eating plan. Have a chinese/indian/kebab but remember that there is always next week/month when you can have another one. Once you feel the benefit of feeling better because you are eating better, the craving for junk food always subsides. Believe me, I was a junk food addict and still am to be honest, but I prefer feeling healthy than feeling crappy and bloated.

Good luck XX

I love the idea of a charm bracelet!! I think a cupcake charm is v suitable in a weird way?

I have allsorts of charms (some pictures in my albums if you fancy a look) to do with things that remind me of my journey- heart, shuttlecock, apple, cat, xmas tree, cinderella shoe, or just a number '7'

Mine is so heavy now- 16 charms!!!! I got them on-line and never paid more than £10 for each charm as it would have cost a fortune! My last one was a archery target- very apt!

Some really great advice here. I suggest that you bookmark it so that you can come back to it.

I would suggest not looking at the total amount that you have to lose because it is a bit daunting (me too !) but look at it in chunks. You will start to feel the benefits fairly quickly which will help to keep you motivated. I would also try to write down how you feel after your losses and what has changed (eg clothing, energy levels, compliments) so that if you feel a bit low in the future you can remember back to how great it felt knowing that you are doing something about this and achieving something that you want to do.

Good luck.

Gail x

mastiffmum I was always in a hurry for a 'quick fix' [/QUOTE said:
this was always my problem i wanted to lose weight quicky i followed plans that i couldn't keep to and ended up heavier after each one :eek: i love the idea of the charm bracelet a nice reminder of our weight loss journies :)

You can get really nice bracelets called nomination bracelets which you add links to that has the charm on. Therefore they dont dangle down there flat (which suits some people).

If like me you are on a tight budget you can get them from e-bay for as little as £1.45, not really silver but still a good way to keep track withour breaking the bank.

Hope this helps

x x x x

Back