Original Day 3 and positive, but how do you keep going?

princessnicky

Ive done SW many times, but have never managed to loose all the weight i need to loose :-(

i have 5-6 stone to loose this time and im feeling good 3 days in, but i dont want to hit a brick wall again and fail.

How do all you guys do it? I keep visualising a skinny me and how much happier i would be, but i know from previous attempts that takeaways and cake always win. *sigh*

Sorry I don't have any advice, as im starting SW tomorrow with 7-9 stone to loose. I just wanted to say well done for getting through the first 3 days and good luck with your first weigh in. x

hi princessnicky i am on day 5 of being 100% on plan after putting on 5lb over christmas, i have been on a high the last few days and if i am tempted to go off plan i will think about how awful i felt over christmas with the mindless eating and how good i feel now am hoping i can stick to it but if i don't i'll draw a line under it and start again :eek: good luck on ur weight loss journey :)

I'm nearly 4 years in, so I think I can try to answer this!
You will lose ALL the weight if you want to, if you really want to.
Any one of us can do this. I've been at target, gone up and down since then and now put a bit on so I need to get a grip and start properly.
I keep going because I know how good it feels to be slim.
Before getting to target, I kept going because I wanted to be slim. I wanted to like having my photo taken, I wanted to wear skinny jeans, I wanted to feel confident.
Ask yourself what you want and why you want to lose the weight.

Okay, so cakes and takeaways may win some days, but they don't have to win all the time, or everyday. Have them as a treat. Have a chinese (or any other) but syn it accordingly. Make a cake (a proper one, not this fat free stuff!) and syn it.

You can do this and you can keep going - all good diets start with the head. The rest is quite straighforward if that's in the right place.
Good luck. x

I try just to concentrate on a week to week basis. Get through those 7 days will WI and imagine how you feel getting on those scales with a loss.

We all have bad days (wks lol) but just never give up :)

I'm nearly 4 years in, so I think I can try to answer this!
You will lose ALL the weight if you want to, if you really want to.
Any one of us can do this. I've been at target, gone up and down since then and now put a bit on so I need to get a grip and start properly.
I keep going because I know how good it feels to be slim.
Before getting to target, I kept going because I wanted to be slim. I wanted to like having my photo taken, I wanted to wear skinny jeans, I wanted to feel confident.
Ask yourself what you want and why you want to lose the weight.

Okay, so cakes and takeaways may win some days, but they don't have to win all the time, or everyday. Have them as a treat. Have a chinese (or any other) but syn it accordingly. Make a cake (a proper one, not this fat free stuff!) and syn it.

You can do this and you can keep going - all good diets start with the head. The rest is quite straighforward if that's in the right place.
Good luck. x

thats really good advice and I am going to make a mental note of it!!!

I know I want to be slim and be happy but I also seem to hit a brick wall and go off track even though I know I really really want to lose the weight!

I honestly think that some people find it a lot easier to keep the mind focussed!

Lesley x

One day at a time, even one meal at a time.

Just Keep on keeping on, never stop even when you wobble.

:)

I totally echo Jaylou - well said

I have yo-yo'd up and down for years but this time I really REALLY want to get to my goal and I know its achieveable.
Each time I am tempted, i just think about what I want more - to eat the choc / wine / crisps (delete as appropriate!), or do I want to carry on my good work and get to target.

I have gone the scenic route with my losses, on plan for 6 months and then plateau for 6 etc, but i havent re-gained what I lost. I didnt 100% stick to plan - more sticking to the 80/20 rule, but for me that was what was needed to get my head back in 'the zone' and carry onwards and downwards.

Good luck with your journey hon xx

its my third day tom and like you I have done this so many times. ( I have 5 stone to lose) Take one day at a time and treat every day like your first day on the plan.

I'm off to Spain in August our first family holiday for 5 years and I dont want to be miserable. Try and have an event to focus on and every time you reach for something you shouldn't have think of how good you will look if you dont have it.

Good Luck you can do it.

Thanks everyone :)

Libbyloulou, very jealous your going abroad! im off to centreparks with the in-laws in july :-s but im determinded to get into a swimming costume in front of them and not have to get upset or care what i look like.

2011 is gonna be our year girls, i can feel it!
Xx

I think we all have been on the diet-wagon before, for me this time, rather than cheating and giving up I just lose the battle that day but remain determined to win the war. I have just had 3 months off SW, I have gained 10lbs, gutted but rather than cry in a corner and label myself a failure I have just come straight back to minimins and been welcomed back with opened arms, so to me, I'm not perfect, yes I am going to cheat from time to time but failure would be to give up and I am determined that this time I will not QUIT!

I would recommed:

Have a good look through the Recipes, there are some great cheat-takeaways, I made my family KFC (i hate the real stuff) but we all loved it, there are kebabs, curries, chinese, pizzas etc

Read other people's diaries for inspiration, I love a good read, fancy a bar of chocolate, grab a cup of tea and open some diaries you will forget that chocolate bar so quick

Start a diary of your own, I find this really motivational and also, if I cheat I feel like I have let all those that encourage and support me down

Don't be afraid to ask questions on minimins

Visit minimims regularly, it's a sure fire way to keep on track

Good luck, now go read/open a diary, donna x

My last attempt at SW I didn't really get my head into the right place and I know that's why I didn't stick at it, the two times I've been succesful in the past though i've just approached it as though it was a lifestyle change, and not a short-term diet. I think it just helps switch the brain into gear and much more likely to stick at it long-term.

Centre Parcs is fab though and you still have to walk around in a costume. Hope you do well, I'm on day 3 doing well so far a along way to go.

x x x x x

Motivate yourself with positivity

I HATE it when people metion the 'fat picture' on the fridge- this is like trying to get a kid to do better at school by constantly telling them how thick they are! Instead of fat pictures, put a picture of you looking fabulous and happy on the fridge. Instead of saying "I hate feeling fat and ugly" say "I can't wait to feel more confident and attractive"

Reward your achievements rather than mentally bullying yourself if you ever have a slip up. I had 8 stone to lose which seems like soooo much it was hard to imagine getting there, so I took it in 7lb steps- I bought a charm bracelet and got a new charm for every half stone

Don't become your own bully- I think this is the biggest enemy of people trying to change their lives- food isn't the enemy, YOU are if you allow your inner voice to constantly say nasty things to you

Here endeth the lesson- lol

xxx

Ive been on the diet wagon myself for a few years but never tried SW because i just didnt fancy the red/green days so after accidently stumbling upon SW - i decided to give it a go?!?!? But after I read through the books and bought the recipe books, I had a good feeling about it all ..... unlike the other diets i had tried ... SW was quite simple ... it changed the way I eat ... no sorry the way we eat because I did all the cooking, I was also subjecting my husband and children to my lazy eating habits ... SW really has changed it all ... its just eating healthy and putting time in to plan what we need ..... sorry i am waffling now!!!

Ive lost 3 1/2 stones to date ... no gain over xmas because I am absolutely determined not to look like shamu when we are on our cruise in September!! But i know that i will never go back to our old eating habits because I have a choice between being able to buy lovely clothes or buying old fashioned clothes just because they fit!!

Sorry for going on and on .... stick with it ... it works and just involves a few changes x

Ive done SW many times, but have never managed to loose all the weight i need to loose :-(

i have 5-6 stone to loose this time and im feeling good 3 days in, but i dont want to hit a brick wall again and fail.

How do all you guys do it? I keep visualising a skinny me and how much happier i would be, but i know from previous attempts that takeaways and cake always win. *sigh*
Here's my story Nicky....

First a question. How much do you want it? When I say want it, I mean REALLY want it? - not mere platitudes, or it would be nice to be thin, or lose a couple of pounds.

With me I reached a stage in my life that not only did I really want it, I actually needed it. It has become my raison d'etre, my passion, my absolute obsession. Sure, like many I have tried dieting, low cal, fads, allsorts but all half-heartedly.

I managed to quit first smoking, then drinking and applied the same will. Losing weight and reaching target has become my number one priority until May 1st - then a normal human will emerge in Florida's Disneyworld!

Once I reached that stage, I then committed 100% to the plan. The plan is easy to follow, but it is not so easy to stick to it and be entirely honest with yourself.

The payback is watching the weight come off, winning awards, making friends on minimins, collecting sticky bits of bling and of course feeling good and buying skinny clothes!

Sorry for the lecture - I do go on a bit:eek:

what a fab idea to buy a charm bracelet and get a new charm every 7lbs. That way you can see your loss every time you look at your arm, I'm going to do that

Thanks x x

Back