Day 3, help!

Well I'm half way through day 3 and I have been fine until now.... Novelty I think but oh my goodness I am SOOO hungry right now! Everyone around me is eating and I just want to go to the work canteen..... Just want someone to tell me not to! Will this go when I'm in ketosis? Thank you x

days 2/3/4 are by far the hardest to do but dont give in, you will be in ketosis by day 5-7ish depends on the person really. once you have done your first week it will so much easier. i am in week 7 now and i struggle sometimes but not given in yet. it will get easier i promise. good luck

Thank you! Makes me realise I never really felt hungry before if this is what real hunger feels like! You have done so well, how much have you lost? Will I know when I'm in ketosis? X

Yea you will. Metallic taste, more energy and most importantly no hunger!!! Just consider this your body teaching you REAL hungry and not bored/emotional hunger. Xxx

rubyrose - you can do this. I expect in the next day or so you will be in ketosis and it does get easier. Think how well you have done to stick to it and get through the last couple of days. Right now go and have a large drink of water and then instead of going to the cafeteria with your colleagues and making a decision you will definately regret - go online if you can and have a look at all the fabulous clothes you will buy yourself when you reach your target!
xxx

the only symptom of ketosis i have had is feeling very cold and that was after 4 days. there are a variety of symptoms like the metallic taste, feeling cold, stop feeling hungry etc each person varies. Ive lost 24lbs in 6 weeks, some weeks slower than others but a loss is a loss and each loss is closer to my goal. I will be 10 stone by end of july! If however i am not quite there i will take a few days out for my birthday and restart again until i get there. it helps to have a goal and time limit because it spurs you on.

You will feel better soon as long as you don't give in to the cravings. Almost everyone finds that ketosis really takes the hunger away. The metallic taste is a bit weird but retardex spray does help with that as does drinking plenty of water, which will also make you feel better. You don't have far to go now - the hunger is usually worst just before you go into ketosis as you are running on empty so I reckon you should concentrate on making it through today and should feel better tomorrow :D

princesspodge said:
rubyrose - you can do this. I expect in the next day or so you will be in ketosis and it does get easier. Think how well you have done to stick to it and get through the last couple of days. Right now go and have a large drink of water and then instead of going to the cafeteria with your colleagues and making a decision you will definately regret - go online if you can and have a look at all the fabulous clothes you will buy yourself when you reach your target!
xxx

That was a great idea thank you! Looked at all the lovely summer dresses I'll be able to wear for the first time in years if I stick to this xx

Thank you all so much! Its so great to hear from people who have been through this rather than all the negative comments about food replacement from those around me! Will keep going, if I can get through today I can get through anything I think xxx

I agree that is a brilliant suggestion from pp. You will feel so much better in a couple of days so try not to give in to temptation. Focus on your goal & the feeling to stray will pass x

You could also go on ebay and find something nice that you'll be able to wear in a couple of weeks. Won't cost you a fortune as you'll be out of that even in a few weeks :D

Back