Day 3 = Miserable Nicki

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Woke up today with the beginnings of flu, got puffy eyes, runny nose and a thick head but I'm still starting today, I'm determined and to be fair I'll probably get more nutrients with the shakes then I would with my 'normal' diet.
Had my first shake, had a chocolate one made in my smoothie maker, it was a bit powdery but tasted ok, well from what little i can taste. My cdc said i had to drink water with the shake, so feeling a little waterlogged at the moment, don't drink a lot usually so think my body is wondering what is going on.

This is going to be my coping/distraction thread for today so forgive me if i start taking gibberish on it.

Well I have survived my first day without too much heartache. Just sat whilst hubby ate his dinner and didn't bat an eye lid, which is good because I was a little worried about that.
Had a chocolate, chocolate orange and vanilla shake, I did struggle to get the orange one down, its not that it tasted bad but my body just didn't want me to drink any more but i managed and I've had almost 3lts of water so considering I now feel like death, I think I've done pretty well although not looking forward to tomorrow. Had my before photos taken today and they made me cry :cry:

Ohhh well done, hope u feel better soon, good luck over the next few days :)

Thank you, feeling a little better today.
kateandhercats how'd you find your first day?

got my doctors appointment tonight bit worried, what if he doesn't sign the form? Keep going over what i'm going to say, have to remember it's not permission, it's to confirm that i've given the correct medical information.

.Nicki. said:
Thank you, feeling a little better today.
kateandhercats how'd you find your first day?

got my doctors appointment tonight bit worried, what if he doesn't sign the form? Keep going over what i'm going to say, have to remember it's not permission, it's to confirm that i've given the correct medical information.

Be strong! Mine was quite arsey and difficult. I stuck to my mind and just kept saying they were only confirming the information not authorising.

It was frustrating to say the least - particularly as everytime I went to the doctors - a comment was made about being morbidly obese.

However, I had to go to the doctors recently where they commented on how well I had done with my loss and asked me how I did it! I was sure to let them know it was Cambridge - and that they had almost stopped me!

Good luck - be strong. Fingers crossed they don't give you a hard time (some doctors are keen on it! )

I'm seeing my normal doctor and he's been with me through everything and knows it's been a tough year so I hope he see's it as me taking a positive step instead of wallowing in self pity like normal! I've I have to pay for it, I will, first time I've felt positive in about 6 months so I'm not leaving without my form signed :D

Today is even more hard as i'm sat on the kitchen floor watching the washing machine for leaks and hubbys skips are looking at me.

rrr I hope you feel better soon.

Do you like the soups have you tried them? They may help with you feeling ill. I usually have soup when I am sick but since starting CD I have found the soups really nice (with the exception of the chicken and mushroom but that is just my taste).

Stick with it I only started last Monday and I found day two really difficult but when I got past that I was fine. Plus when I had my weigh in on Sunday it was all worth while and put me in a whole new frame of mind this week.

It can't be easy whilst you are not well. If it makes you feel any better I had saved my favourite porridge til Saturday night as I knew I would find Saturday night hard. My boyfriend put it in the microwave for me for too long and over half spilled over the sides leaving me with a tiny bit I just started crying. Pathetic i know but I can laugh about it now. he claims that he is responsible for one of the pounds I lost haha :)

Good luck you are doing great and it really helps me that there is someone else at the beginning too so I may end up stalking you. Minimins has become my lifesaver at times last week everyone is lovely and have been very welcoming to me xx

rrr I hope you feel better soon.

Do you like the soups have you tried them? They may help with you feeling ill. I usually have soup when I am sick but since starting CD I have found the soups really nice (with the exception of the chicken and mushroom but that is just my taste).

Stick with it I only started last Monday and I found day two really difficult but when I got past that I was fine. Plus when I had my weigh in on Sunday it was all worth while and put me in a whole new frame of mind this week.

It can't be easy whilst you are not well. If it makes you feel any better I had saved my favourite porridge til Saturday night as I knew I would find Saturday night hard. My boyfriend put it in the microwave for me for too long and over half spilled over the sides leaving me with a tiny bit I just started crying. Pathetic i know but I can laugh about it now. he claims that he is responsible for one of the pounds I lost haha :)

Good luck you are doing great and it really helps me that there is someone else at the beginning too so I may end up stalking you. Minimins has become my lifesaver at times last week everyone is lovely and have been very welcoming to me xx

I have a phobia of soups, was force fed a chicken one as a child and never got over it. Would be a lot easier at work if i did though! I think I would have cried too if that was me, I've not tried the porridge, is it nice? I don't like real porridge, I used to have ready brek.
I do love minimins, but I always feel like I'm invading when I move into a new section. Well done on your first weigh in, what a fab result, I hope I do as well xx

Ok struggling now, I'm bored, which is when I eat, I'm sick, which is when I eat! Half of my brain is saying 'you won't lose anything anyway you may as well give up now' and the other half is saying 'screw you I want to be happy' Its like a war in my head.
The things I had planned to keep me occupied I can't do. :cry:It gets easier, right?

If this is a bad time for you, why not listen to the slimpod now, see if it helps with the negative thoughts?

Hi Nicki
I started yesterday too, and it is hard. Luckily, having done it all before I knew how hard it would be for the first few days. Trust me, it really does get better after a few days.
Your comment about having your photo taken and crying almost made me cry too. Just think though, in a few short months you will be having them taken again with a big grin across your chops.
Lesley

I have a phobia of soups, was force fed a chicken one as a child and never got over it. Would be a lot easier at work if i did though! I think I would have cried too if that was me, I've not tried the porridge, is it nice? I don't like real porridge, I used to have ready brek.
I do love minimins, but I always feel like I'm invading when I move into a new section. Well done on your first weigh in, what a fab result, I hope I do as well xx

I know what you mean about Chicken soup it was the only thing I was forcefed with a few years ago when I had glandular fever and I can't stand it now so I get what you mean.

I LOVE the porridge I am eating one right now so much so I ordered 18 of them for this week lol. I have stuck to the plain one as I found the apple and cinnamon one a bit sweet for me, the maple and pecan is nice too but a bit odd smelling. The plain one is quite sweet I find but if you have a sweet tooth and have been liking the shakes I would say try them. I have one for breakfast and tea and a soup for dinner but that's just me you may get bored. I find the porridge really fills me up and have been my life saver (apart from when my boyf lost half of it in the microwave on me on Saturday!!!)

Thanks I am well chuffed with my 7lb may not be the biggest lost in the world but it is for me and put me in the right frame of mind. You will do fine I promise once you get stuck in just think even a pound loss is more than what you would have had any other time if not a gain, it's not a race do it for you and no one else xx
I know what you mean about Minimins I loved it when my CDC told me to register and felt like an outsider but everyone has been so welcoming so i love it now xx

Ok struggling now, I'm bored, which is when I eat, I'm sick, which is when I eat! Half of my brain is saying 'you won't lose anything anyway you may as well give up now' and the other half is saying 'screw you I want to be happy' Its like a war in my head.
The things I had planned to keep me occupied I can't do. :cry:It gets easier, right?

I had the EXACT same battle in my head about 20 times last week and I was at my breaking point on Saturday. I logged on here and read the list that gives 50 inspiring reasons to lose weight it sorted me right out. I promise you I know EXACTLY how you feel and you wont feel this way forever if you read that list it will really help you, you wont feel this way forever but if you give up you may feel some if not all those things on that list forever, give it a try and let me know what you think. Maybe even write your own list of all the reason you want to lose weight even down to silly things like one of mine was "not feeling huge when sat in the front passenger seat of a car" don't ask me why but I just do. "Not buying clothes to flatter my shape or hide my arms, just buying a dress because I like it....from Topshop"... this may help every time you feel low it will get you back on track. Other peoples list reminded me of the things I forget I even feel too. You can do this and we are in it together. feel free to have a moan at me any day xxx

If this is a bad time for you, why not listen to the slimpod now, see if it helps with the negative thoughts?

Just waiting for a parcel and then I will, I always fall asleep and don't want to miss mr postman.

Hi Nicki
I started yesterday too, and it is hard. Luckily, having done it all before I knew how hard it would be for the first few days. Trust me, it really does get better after a few days.
Your comment about having your photo taken and crying almost made me cry too. Just think though, in a few short months you will be having them taken again with a big grin across your chops.
Lesley

I can't imagine being anything but fat because i always have been. I think that's why i struggle with diets, because it can take years to see the result, think cambridge will work because i'll be able to see the results fairly quickly and this makes me very happy x

I know what you mean about Chicken soup it was the only thing I was forcefed with a few years ago when I had glandular fever and I can't stand it now so I get what you mean.

I LOVE the porridge I am eating one right now so much so I ordered 18 of them for this week lol. I have stuck to the plain one as I found the apple and cinnamon one a bit sweet for me, the maple and pecan is nice too but a bit odd smelling. The plain one is quite sweet I find but if you have a sweet tooth and have been liking the shakes I would say try them. I have one for breakfast and tea and a soup for dinner but that's just me you may get bored. I find the porridge really fills me up and have been my life saver (apart from when my boyf lost half of it in the microwave on me on Saturday!!!)

Thanks I am well chuffed with my 7lb may not be the biggest lost in the world but it is for me and put me in the right frame of mind. You will do fine I promise once you get stuck in just think even a pound loss is more than what you would have had any other time if not a gain, it's not a race do it for you and no one else xx
I know what you mean about Minimins I loved it when my CDC told me to register and felt like an outsider but everyone has been so welcoming so i love it now xx

I had the EXACT same battle in my head about 20 times last week and I was at my breaking point on Saturday. I logged on here and read the list that gives 50 inspiring reasons to lose weight it sorted me right out. I promise you I know EXACTLY how you feel and you wont feel this way forever if you read that list it will really help you, you wont feel this way forever but if you give up you may feel some if not all those things on that list forever, give it a try and let me know what you think. Maybe even write your own list of all the reason you want to lose weight even down to silly things like one of mine was "not feeling huge when sat in the front passenger seat of a car" don't ask me why but I just do. "Not buying clothes to flatter my shape or hide my arms, just buying a dress because I like it....from Topshop"... this may help every time you feel low it will get you back on track. Other peoples list reminded me of the things I forget I even feel too. You can do this and we are in it together. feel free to have a moan at me any day xxx

Aww, thanks hunni, might take you up on that, I like to moan :D I actually wrote a list of them yesterday and have 100 them, wrote them in my cd bible. I am looking at them now with a big glass of water and it's helped a lot, I no why I want to do this and I no I don't have too, Its a choice and a very good one.
I think i'll feel much better after I've made it past my last 2 hurdles which is getting my form signed tonight and surviving a day at work on Thursday.
I'm going to get some porridge on Friday and maybe try a leek and potato soup because I am missing something hot, although I am enjoying most of the shakes, The choc mint one was lush, was a bit sad when it was gone and i've only got 2 left :sigh:

Aww, thanks hunni, might take you up on that, I like to moan :D I actually wrote a list of them yesterday and have 100 them, wrote them in my cd bible. I am looking at them now with a big glass of water and it's helped a lot, I no why I want to do this and I no I don't have too, Its a choice and a very good one.
I think i'll feel much better after I've made it past my last 2 hurdles which is getting my form signed tonight and surviving a day at work on Thursday.
I'm going to get some porridge on Friday and maybe try a leek and potato soup because I am missing something hot, although I am enjoying most of the shakes, The choc mint one was lush, was a bit sad when it was gone and i've only got 2 left :sigh:
[/QUOTE]

No probs I am the queen of moaning I would put moaning on my hobbies and interests on my CV if I could get away with it! :)

I lived on the leek and potato last week when my porridge ran out.

Are you on SS? Don't know if it is worth trying but as it was my first week last week I started writing down each different thing I had each day and put a tick, cross or question mark next to the ones I liked, hated or not that bad and would do for a change. It helped me when ordering my next week of stuff. When I wanted to throw myself out of the window on Tuesday I also decided to lay out all of my packets and wrote the day on them it helped me in knowing I didn't have to make the choice each day i kind of had a "that's it no thinking or wishing it was something else" attitude everyone is different but it worked for me. I am very much a kind of person if I don't have to think about it too much I just get on with it makes it a bit easier for me.

I reckon as soon as you are back in work it will be much easier. In the meantime try and fill your time with stuff to do even though you are ill just little things like have a long bath. I have found myself with loads of spare time as my evening when I get home from work usually involve making my tea, having it, cleaning up and now all that has gone. Lots of baths later and some a different colour painted nails each day has kept my idle hands busy!! I've got myself back into reading also.

I found making my list painful but vital when I needed it most. We can do this, I promise you can moan all day every day to me if you like as long as you pick me right back up when I have a wobble xx

No probs I am the queen of moaning I would put moaning on my hobbies and interests on my CV if I could get away with it! :)

I lived on the leek and potato last week when my porridge ran out.

Are you on SS? Don't know if it is worth trying but as it was my first week last week I started writing down each different thing I had each day and put a tick, cross or question mark next to the ones I liked, hated or not that bad and would do for a change. It helped me when ordering my next week of stuff. When I wanted to throw myself out of the window on Tuesday I also decided to lay out all of my packets and wrote the day on them it helped me in knowing I didn't have to make the choice each day i kind of had a "that's it no thinking or wishing it was something else" attitude everyone is different but it worked for me. I am very much a kind of person if I don't have to think about it too much I just get on with it makes it a bit easier for me.

I reckon as soon as you are back in work it will be much easier. In the meantime try and fill your time with stuff to do even though you are ill just little things like have a long bath. I have found myself with loads of spare time as my evening when I get home from work usually involve making my tea, having it, cleaning up and now all that has gone. Lots of baths later and some a different colour painted nails each day has kept my idle hands busy!! I've got myself back into reading also.

I found making my list painful but vital when I needed it most. We can do this, I promise you can moan all day every day to me if you like as long as you pick me right back up when I have a wobble xx

I'm doing 810 but hopefully will do the new plan when i see my cdc on friday, just have to work out if i can afford the extra packs.
I should be doing my course but even that seems a bit pointless as i've run out of time to get it done really and i've got no concentration. The only shake i struggled with was the chocolate orange but i'm not sure if that was the shake or because i was feeling poorly.
Jeans feel loser although maybe i'm just being optimistic!

I wont lie I don't really know much about the 810 as I have only done ss but SS 3 packs a day is costing me £38 per week. That was the VERY first question I asked when I wanted to join "how much" I did work out that I prob sepnd double that if not more a week on crap in fairness and I have also found I smoke less (one bad habit at a time I can't give up food and fags in one go!). It may be worth looking at little changes if it means you can do it I cancelled my paper delivery and that has now paid for it ish I owe the guys months lol.

I am sure your jeans are feeling more loose cause you hate ate less and not just positive thinking. My CDC made me measure myself the first day I am not allowed to measure myself again now until I have a bad week and don't loose weight I may loose inches which I bet you have.

Let me know how you get on. I found that sometimes as fab as Minimins is and has been my lifesaver sometimes I have to stay off it as I can become completely obsessed and focused on my diet and then makes me focus on the diet more where it should be a part of life I was hooked at first and now just starting to see a future. Everyone is different but maybe find a focus elsewhere something simple and mundane that you enjoy even a little walk and a bit of fresh air may help with the bunged up head and clear your airways.

x

a signed CD form!! Doctor was fine, offered to send me to a dietician but I said that I really wanted to give this a bash first. He did seem genuinely pleased that I was taking a positive step. So I guess that's it now, the only person to blame if I fail now is me. Still got my last shake to go but actually since lunch time i've been fine, not hungry just a little bored, which I solved by playing angry birds! So as long as tomorrow goes ok, I think I'll be ok.

Back