Day 3 - Struggling

Hi Judy,

I am reading a book - Losing the Pounds of Pain - which deals with emotional hunger issues, I do alternative healing including angel therapy and was taught by the author it throws up some interesting questions about why we put on weight in the first place and why if we are reaching a plateau it might be relating to emotional blockage. I do believe that physically going into ketosis will shift the pounds but to really maintain the loss we need to also identify in ourselves why this happened in the first place.

Need to go to work now - bye.

NIcola

Hello - how are all you new starters going? It's my first day today, it's taken me a while to gather the determination to do this. I had a go last year and lasted 2 hours! It sounds like the first few days are the hardest, which sounds very daunting. I've put on nearly 2 stones since last year though, so drastic action is needed. I know I also need to sort out why I put the 2 stones on in the first place, but hopefully I can do that along the way. Need to take action now though, as the heavier I get, the more unhappy I get and the more I comfort eat, thinking that it doesn't make any difference as I'm already disgusting, so I might as well enjoy my food! Well I'll give this a go and see what happens.

Hi Ugly Betty, although I am sure you are gorgeous!!

I am now on to Day 4 -, I found that Days 1-2 were okay and by Day 3 I was in ketosis but day 3 was definitely the hardest I thought I was going to go insane really, so I had a blip but I am over it, keeping busy helps so much so I am planning to fill the weekend doing stuff, and getting back in to reading books.

Keeping a 1 litre bottle of water with me all the time really helps too as I just concentrate on drinking one and refilling it that is how I am managing to do 4 litres a day.

This board has been a great support especially yesterday when I was starting to waver plus the inspiration slide show.

Good luck on your first day and know that you can do this!!!!

Hi and good luck to all the new starters today, just keep drinking the water and it'll get you through the day :-D

Do stick with it. I felt ok on the 1st day, shocking as hell on day 2, not that bad yesterday afternoon, brilliant last night and fine today. ( day 4)

Apparently day 5 is the worst accoding to my cdc, thankgod its on the weekend :D

Oh good grief tomorrow is the worst day!!! I dont think I could top Day 3 - how am I going to handle it - can anyone else please confirm is Day 5 the worst :cry:

well the thing is nic, i refuse to accept that it can be worse than my day 2.

It just cant.

I wont let it!

if i feel rough, its the weekend, Im tucking myself up in bed with my tetras and a couple of trash-mags and sleeping it off!

It reminds me a bit of jet lag, which theres nothing else to do apart from put up with it, and know you are getting something decent out of the harshness....

If im not feeling too shocking ill be online, so we can moan together :D

I found day 5 was the worst but only because my tummy was grumbling so much regardless of how much water i drank but you do feel loads better when you say no and stick to it 100% and you're reward for your efforts will reflect in those scales on weigh day!!! How did u get on tonight at your weigh in?

Back