day 4 cambridge diet, so close to giveing up.

It took me quite a while to get used to the shakes. I had to hold my nose and chug them for the first week or two. It's better now (I'm on week 5) but I still can't say I like the taste.

Stacey, I started the diet the same day as you so can appreciate how you're feeling. I'm lucky that I like most of the flavours I've tried so far. Strawberry/Banana shakes are ok I have them for my first meal of the day. I have tried chicken & mushroom; brocolli & cheese; leek & potato soups which I think are all nice (I also tried oriental chilli but thought this was disgusting!!) It helps me to have something sweet in the evening so I have the mint choc shakes as a hot drink.

These guys are right though, you need to have all the sachets you're meant to otherwise your body will think it's starving and will take longer to go into ketosis.
I'm in ketosis now - didn't really take me too long. I stopped feeling hungry by my 3rd day and now have stopped thinking about food as much. I'm pleased it's happened a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Have you tried exercising yet? Probably not a good idea until you are in ketosis as you wont have enough energy but I make sure I go for a walk now every day.

Good luck for your weigh in on Wednesday. Keep Strong!!

thanks skinny minnie, i feel much beta today ony i have this horried taste in my mouth an no amounth of brushing and rinseing my theeth or drinking water has helped, infact i have used a hole bottol of mouth wash today and its given me a really horried sicky feeling,
=will this taste ever stop?
iv not started exercising yet as iv had a really bad cpl of days. but will try soon x
gud luck hunni let me now how ur feeling day to day x

Stick with it Stacey. I am only on my second week and I promise, it does get better sweetie. xx

Hi Stacey,
I was warned we may get bad breath from the diet, keep drinking lots of water as it's meant to help ease that. Also, I've heard people on here recommend those mint breath freshener sprays which are supposed to be effective, I've not tried any myself yet but worth a go I'd say - beats smelly breath anyway!!

Hope you're doing well today, are you used to the flavours yet?

I've got my first WI tomorrow but have slipped up today and had a sandwich for dinner - didn't really have a choice as my boss was paying for a team lunch and he wasn't having any of my excuses so rather than offend I gave in :( feel awful this afternoon though, really bloated and sluggish!! I'll be working extra hard tonight to burn it off in time for my WI!!

Keep Going :)

hi honey, sorry you are finding it tough, maybe ss + might be better for you as you get to eat a little something each day? I do porridge at breakfast, soup at lunch, chicken or tuna salad for tea and have my choc hot in the evening. A lot of the shakes are weird at first but grow on you - i think some of the soups taste like cup a soup which helps. I found it much harder to eat them at first as i felt really pukey the first few days till i got into ketosis - like travel sick, i really thought i would have to give up but now i feel fine.
hugs
lesleyx

Hi Everyone

I'm on day 2 but am feeling really sick, I've managed the morning shake and lunch time soup but can't face the 3rd one.

Is this normal? I've run to the bathroom a couple of times as the feeling is very intense.

I'm not as hungry at all but have a massive headache too; but I'm putting this down to the dentist rather than CD.

Advice on the sickness would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok so for people who find the shakes vile - i did to start off with but found that if you make them with ice cold water from the fridge, use a smoothie maker or blender to whisk them up, put ice in and drink through a straw they're rather yummy! (honestly, the first time i had a banana shake i felt physically sick)
Believe me it DOES get easier and it is soooo worth it.

day 6 giving up

hi everyone and thanks for all ur support its been wonderfull but i cant do it no more,
im on my day 6 of ss and feel horried, im blowted sluggish, constipated got the worst taste in my mouth even my son said my mouth smells like a skunks butt,

iv felt crappy all week not had a good day yet but not given up so far

im going for my WI tomorrow yet i no i havet lost anythink as i feel so blowted,

what i think im going to do is have one shake in the morning then have a plate of white meat or fish with veg at night and stick to that the lowest amount of kcal posible,

in one week iv=
only mannaged to drink 2 shakes a day 10 cups of bk coffee and 4 bottels of water i have three shake yesturday tho,
.been sick three times now after shakes,
.tiredness so bad i had 2 days off work,
.the worst headaches ever and iv never suffored with them b4,
.felt very faint when driving to do school run,
.had the worst diarrhea first few day,
.now am so constipated im belly hurts bad,
bad breath so bad the taste makes me want to vomit,

i really want to loose waight and so want to keep on this diet as i know it works and from reading everyone progress on here, but i just dont think its agreeing with my body as i havet read that ppl are having this much trouble and feeling this bad so bad that everyone who was very supportive in my family at first and telling me well done go for it are now sending food round and my husband wants to call a doc, iv had another day off work today and not mannged to move of my sofa im haveing cold swets im wraped up in a flease and quilt, under my eyes are vry dark, :cry:
i want to know if u all think i should keep on going and this is normal or i should maybe start ss+ im going to speake to my cdc tomorrow when i go for mt WI but wanted to know off ppl who are going thru this now,

sorry its long and sorry bout spelling xxx

Back