Day 5 and i've fallen..

Scarybush

I don't know what happened, just now.. had 4.5 good days and then for some reason just now I ate half a tin of salmon and bout 10 steakhouse chips with salt, I've had 4 cans of coke zero and 3 ltrs of water and my 3 packets..
I was doing so well.. so afraid I undone all my hard work over the last 4 days..
Like why wait till i'm finally in Ketosis to go and kick myself off the wagon..
If its not bad enough I'd talked myself out of eating 4 nights in a row and I just couldn't do anything today.. My tummy;s in a heap now.. not sure from guilt or the chips..
GOD hating on myself rite now.. :break_diet:

Ok stop right there! So u ate actually not much at all! In ketosis or not draw a line

Just don't do the old well I've blown it now so may as well.......

It's done it's finnished you're human move on

You will still lose this week if you stick to plan rest of the week!

C'mon hun you can do it don't let that tiny little blip get in the way!

X

Dont worry scarybush, I have done the same thing today after day 5 and scoffed a large portion of chips and a sausage from the fish and chip shop!!!! You have done so well and treat this day as one off as I have, and start again tomorrow. If you desperately feel the need to eat something apart from the Exante products, have a small portion of cold meat or cheese which is pure protein and that will not trigger the sugar and carb cravings. The support you receive on here is fantastic and as others have said to me on here, the food that you love will be still around when you finish this diet, but you will be in control of it and not the other way round Tasha x

couldnt agree more with the above comments, draw a line and move forward x

Thanks girls,
I've no intentions of going off the rails, I had a hickup and I'm sure there will be a few more along this journey.
I'm just wondering if it's the coke zero thats triggering it.. Think i'm gonna give up the coke zero for a bit and just stick to straight water..
Thanks girls for the talk..
And shell09 thanks for the kick up the ass..

Water is great as it really does fill you up, the only problem with Coke Zero, is that although it is artificial sweetner it still gives your body a sugar rush, which can kid your body into craving more.....which could be dangerous if it leads to the biscuit tin!! Tasha x

if its the fizz of coke that you like, have u thought about maybe looking into sparkling flavoured water? as long as it doesnt have citric acid or sodium citrates in it, it shouldnt interfere with ketosis

Its the taste of coke zero I love.. so I think it's a matter of sticking to fizzy water and still.. my problem is extremes.. I can't just have 1 of anything I have to eat or drink till its all gone.. hence thats why i'm doing Exante..

You sound like me, I have an addictive personality, especially with Mr Cadbury! which got me into all this mess in the first place, I could never just have one chocolate from the box!! Tasha x

One to remember........stuck on my fridge!!!

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you
always got"

Tasha x

Its the taste of coke zero I love.. so I think it's a matter of sticking to fizzy water and still.. my problem is extremes.. I can't just have 1 of anything I have to eat or drink till its all gone.. hence thats why i'm doing Exante..

You sound like me, I have an addictive personality, especially with Mr Cadbury! which got me into all this mess in the first place, I could never just have one chocolate from the box!! Tasha x

I completely identify with the both of you!

Scarybush I'm pretty much addicted to the taste of coke and lemonade, but I've looked around and cant seem to find any that are 100% safe for ketosis, I know Im going to crave it sooo much :( so I might just have it as a very occasional treat

Tasha I always have to take at least 2 chocolates, so the one i eat first wont get lonely lol thats my excuse anyway shhh :D

Heres another one: "insanity is doing the same thing you always did but expecting a different result!"

I wish I could only stop at two!! Half the box is devoured when I am around, especially pralines, which I would die for!! Not any more though!! Tasha x

lol im the same! but from now on, the closest im getting to chocolate will be a chocolate shake :17729:

I love the chocolate shakes, sometimes when you make them, some of the powder gets stuck in the bottom of the blender and I love scrapping it off with a teaspoon, yum!! Stranger person I know!! Tasha x

I did similar on day 5, Friday, for no reason it seems. But drew a line under it and had an abstinent day yesterday with no side effects. I did have 4 packs though. Totally abstinent today!

Thanks Emma, good to know that it was not just not me that gave into the food devil!!! Good luck today Tasha x

I love the chocolate shakes, sometimes when you make them, some of the powder gets stuck in the bottom of the blender and I love scrapping it off with a teaspoon, yum!! Stranger person I know!! Tasha x

i can imagine myself doing the same lol maybe even resorting to opening up the sachet after ive made the shake and licking off every bit of powder ive left in there :tongue:

Its trying to get to the root of the problem.. Why we can't leave something alone till everything is gone.. And I know its stems from when I was a little girl and we were made sit at the dinner table by my father... and made polish off every morsil or food on that plate. or we didnt get down from the table... He had us terrified about leaving any food cause he would roar at us for not eating it. So from there its ingrained in my head... That if you don't finish it you get punished.. So I have to sort that out in my own head..

I know the feeling, i had a difficult relationship with my Mother when I was a child and went through some really awful times with her, but when she was nice to me she would reward me with food and make a cake or my favourite meal, my hang with food began when I was a child, as I associated food with love and Tasha x

I am another 'you will sit here and finish your dinner...there are starving children in Africa' etc product.

Even now, I feel guilty if there is food left on a plate. Like after Christmas, I was staying at my parent's house and they made me a cooked breakfast. I didn't want my second egg, so I HAD to find someone else who wanted it else I'd HAVE to eat it myself, because I'd feel so guilty if it went in the bin because I was 'wasting food'.

At least with Exante, you have to polish the whole thing off (even though me and the T&B soup have an interesting relationship!)

Back