Day 5 and the sun is shining!!

morphing

Loving it!
I’ve struggled with my weight for years and have previously continually yo-yo-ed, however now I really need to take control of the one thing that I struggle to control in my life. It has really got me down recently. I’ve just been prescribed anti-depressants and I think that my weight has a lot to do with this.

I’ve started Cambridge this morning at 16 ½ stone which is unacceptable to me, unhealthy and none of my clothes are fitting. L A few months ago I was doing well on my diet, but have recently gained about 3 stone again. I’m embarrassed to have put it all back on and angry at myself. I have to walk into work and past people that have praised me on my weight loss and I can only imagine that they are saying to themselves look how big I am getting etc.

I’ve got to say I’m not a huge fan of CD, but I need the speed of weight loss as my gain has dramatically affected my confidence. As a re-starter I know the pro’s and con’s of the diet and I’m just hoping that this time there are more pro’s. I’m at the stage where I can’t look at my reflection as I dislike what I see so much, so I just need to improve that.

So anyway, the plan is as follows: -

• Follow CD
  • Manage my thoughts on my diary
  • Track my weight loss
  • Try to learn to like myself
The only way is up! By Xmas I want to be wearing a sexy dress and have sky-high confidence!!

Good Luck Hun, We are all here for you x

I really must mean it this time because I'm prepared to put my starting measurements on this diary.

Bust 48"
Waist 42"
Hips 50"

Shocking as they are!!!

Well, day going 'OK'. Just got back from my mums house for lunch. I went around half an hour late, so that I missed the eating part. I left early though as I was starting to get grouchy. I've got a bit of a headache, which I assume is the carb withdrawal. I got home and there was a big slab of (my husbands) chocolate on the side and so I had to quickly put it straight back in the fridge. He looked annoyed, but it's tough!!

Anyway, finding it a bit hard at the moment, but am determined to stay strong. I want this too much!

Oh well done you for resisting!!

I was about the same weight as you when i started - before i knew it i was fitting into size 10 trousers. Every few weeks i'd be texting everyone from the changing room to tell them i'd got into the next size down!! What a boost!! Felt like the best feeling EVER!!

You can do this if you want it enough.

I found it easy cos it took food out of the equation. Hopefully this will help you too. You've done it before and can do it again and this time learn from the mistakes you made last time.

You are starting at a GREAT time because you will get to goal around Christmas time - so that sexy dress will be totally do'able by then!!

Good luck, the weight will drop of you at a rate of knots!!

Oh well done you for resisting!!

I was about the same weight as you when i started - before i knew it i was fitting into size 10 trousers. Every few weeks i'd be texting everyone from the changing room to tell them i'd got into the next size down!! What a boost!! Felt like the best feeling EVER!!

You can do this if you want it enough.

I found it easy cos it took food out of the equation. Hopefully this will help you too. You've done it before and can do it again and this time learn from the mistakes you made last time.

You are starting at a GREAT time because you will get to goal around Christmas time - so that sexy dress will be totally do'able by then!!

Good luck, the weight will drop of you at a rate of knots!!

Wow, size 10, thats amazing! Well done you!! How long did it take you?

Thanks for stopping by with the encouragement, much appreciated.

Well it actually took me 8 months to lose 6.5 stone. Which is longer than it should have taken.

The reason?

Well when i was size 22 leading a very dull single life i didn't have much of a social life. I started end of August 2005 and then by the Xmas i had lost 4 stone and was a size 14. My social life went through the roof and i felt fantastic. So i started going out every weekend and started drinking wine. Which i continued to do every weekend for the rest of my journey, resulting in a delay of 2 months getting to target.

I don't regret it at all though cos i had the most amazing time and it still felt like a quick weight loss to me!!

He he, well you've got to live and at least you got there!! It's amazing how your social life takes off when you lose weight, you just feel so confident and sexy....thats where I'm aiming for!!!

Day One survived

Morning diary,

Well I'm pleased to say that day one is out of the way and I was 100%. After several failed attempts, I'm really pleased with myself and I really think that it has helped to write things down.

I haven't really got the time to spend on here as much as yesterday, but if I just nip on when I can, I think it will help. I'm up early to work on stuff for work, otherwise I would go to the gym.

I'm feeling positive and optimistic!!:) Oh yes forgot the important thing, I lost 5lbs yesterday, so I was 16.02 this morning, :D!

344.gif

hi morphing
just read your diary
you are doing great
wanted to wish you loads of luck on your cd journey
i`m on week 9 now and never thought i`d do it
just keep positive, keep posting and when them little voices tell you to eat ignore them

146372zs6apoo4dy.gif

kaz:D

goood morning Morph!
thank you for giving me the link for your diary... i'll have to start one today. Will have to wait because i'm limited on time this morning, i'm taking the train to Llandudno to meet the MIL for lunch. :silly: i must be nuts doing that on my CD start date! ((btw, i will probably write all this in my diary so ignore it when you read it again lol)). however, i have told her about the diet and of course, she ho-hummed and looked down on the method of the diet, etc, "Oh that cant be healthy, yadda yadda, you're going to go into famine mode, blah blah blah"...i was like, "uuhhhh, well, duh! thats the point!!!" :mad: This coming from oh, all 9 stone of her. hehhe.
at the end of it all, she says she will do as i have requested: not offer me wine or food, just water. and not grimace when we come over for lunch and i have one of the sachets.
she said OK.

Annnyways, i should really be saving all this for my own diary and start talking about YOU!! i can't believe you have lost 5 lbs after 1 day! I'll we buying a scale today so i can do the same. i think it will help. ((but i do know that there will be days that it says you/i have gained even though sticking to it, and the next day will be a loss, etc...)) so must not let a days' gain get us down, because the next day will probably be a loss.

Last night, i had husband do exactly the same: take photos. so i put on my old stretchy gym trousers and like you, a white vest sort of thing. he took the pics from alll angles. and i nearly fell over when i saw the pics of me from behind!!!!!!!! BEHIND is all i could see! hahaha. good lordy! my waist is small(ish) and its as though i've had a flesh explosion on the inside from the waist to the knees! hehehe. ((im glad i can laugh at it tho!)) I think i will, someday post the photos. it will, of course, have to be when i have lost considerable amounts of weight and people will be able to say: wow! know what i mean? of course you do. :eek:

This morning, i tried choc mint (thought i grabbed the choc) but it was still nice. i think im going to add ice to the next one to see if it helps going down...i think the colder, the better for the sweet ones. watch this space, i cold very well change my tune by next week. :p

How are you feeling this morning, so far?? And oh my how many times have you been to the loo so far?? lol you dont have to answer that one.

I'll post more later. i'm looking forward to getting through today. one day at a time, i think. will chat to you again later. Good luck today, to both of us.
C X!

p.s. GOOD JOB bypassing the chocolate. ((hubby has hidden all of it, which is good))

p.s.s. how funny, whats keeping me going is that i'll get to buy a gorgeous party dress for xmas! something i have NEVER done!

344.gif

hi morphing
just read your diary
you are doing great
wanted to wish you loads of luck on your cd journey
i`m on week 9 now and never thought i`d do it
just keep positive, keep posting and when them little voices tell you to eat ignore them

146372zs6apoo4dy.gif

kaz:D

Thanks for the support Kaz, I appreciate it :). You are doing really well aren't you, over two stone already!! Thats brill!

Hi hun, good to hear from you...am just going to try something technical, so I can reply to each of your comments!!

goood morning Morph!
thank you for giving me the link for your diary... i'll have to start one today. Will have to wait because i'm limited on time this morning, i'm taking the train to Llandudno to meet the MIL for lunch. :silly: i must be nuts doing that on my CD start date! ((btw, i will probably write all this in my diary so ignore it when you read it again lol)). however, i have told her about the diet and of course, she ho-hummed and looked down on the method of the diet, etc, "Oh that cant be healthy, yadda yadda, you're going to go into famine mode, blah blah blah"...i was like, "uuhhhh, well, duh! thats the point!!!" :mad: This coming from oh, all 9 stone of her. hehhe.
Yes...get used to the yadda yadda yadda...there are so many well meaning people that think that they are helping, but just can't help but stick their nose in!! My family have shut up now because I've done CD so many times, but work people blame the diet whenever I have any ache or pain - even if it's totally unrelated!! Hope lunch went well though, with no temptations!

Annnyways, i should really be saving all this for my own diary and start talking about YOU!! i can't believe you have lost 5 lbs after 1 day! I'll we buying a scale today so i can do the same. i think it will help. ((but i do know that there will be days that it says you/i have gained even though sticking to it, and the next day will be a loss, etc...)) so must not let a days' gain get us down, because the next day will probably be a loss.

You are so right, we should look at the whole week, rather than day to day. I always say that I'll do that, but never do, he he. I just love jumping out of bed in order to check the days progress - it kind of makes not eating worthwhile!!

Last night, i had husband do exactly the same: take photos. so i put on my old stretchy gym trousers and like you, a white vest sort of thing. he took the pics from alll angles. and i nearly fell over when i saw the pics of me from behind!!!!!!!! BEHIND is all i could see! hahaha. good lordy! my waist is small(ish) and its as though i've had a flesh explosion on the inside from the waist to the knees! hehehe. ((im glad i can laugh at it tho!)) I think i will, someday post the photos. it will, of course, have to be when i have lost considerable amounts of weight and people will be able to say: wow! know what i mean? of course you do. :eek:

Well done, it's horrible isn't it, cos you (well I anyway) don't think that you look like that. Well, I know it some days, but just blame clothes for making me look fat or the mirror, or go into total denial and won't look at my reflection as I walk by shops. But...they are the before and we will look totally hot by Xmas for sure! In fact, we should have a competition of who can wear the sexiest dress!!

And by the way PMSL at your description of your 'flesh explosion' description, cruel but funny.

This morning, i tried choc mint (thought i grabbed the choc) but it was still nice. i think im going to add ice to the next one to see if it helps going down...i think the colder, the better for the sweet ones. watch this space, i cold very well change my tune by next week. :p

Choc mint is the nicest I reckon - however I only have the tetras, so my only option is choc as I don't like the banana. I just prefer the ease of the tetras - I find that I don't like making up the shakes, so I just like to get it over with in a quick suck, so to speak, LOL.

How are you feeling this morning, so far?? And oh my how many times have you been to the loo so far?? lol you dont have to answer that one.
Lots of water = Lots of wees! Feel great actually. Have been soooooo busy at work, but at least I could just take 5 minutes for my quick suck, rather than a proper lunch! Could have done with a brisk walk instead, but workload wouldn't allow!

I'll post more later. i'm looking forward to getting through today. one day at a time, i think. will chat to you again later. Good luck today, to both of us.
C X!

So glad that you are excited, you should be, you are on the verge of changing your life for the better and the new slim you!

p.s.s. how funny, whats keeping me going is that i'll get to buy a gorgeous party dress for xmas! something i have NEVER done!

Yes, need to keep that in our minds!

I can't wait to read your diary and seeing how you have done!! I'll look out for it later!

Day two diary update

Just a quickie as I need a PC break, been on it all day and now have square eyes...bet i can't drag self away though!

Am well on the way to completing my 2nd day 100% and am so pleased. I seem to be really focussed this time around and know that if I stick to it, I'll get my additional weight off in no time and then I can set to work on the rest of it!

I've had about 4 litres of water so far, so on target for the 5 litres that I like to have.

Alls well really. Don't have much to say, but felt the need to post!!

On to day 3!!

Good Morning!

Well I survived day 2 and am just about to embark on day 3. Just weighed in and I had lost another 2lbs, so was down to 16.0. Am v pleased and I hope to get into the 15's tomorrow, before my daily loss starts to slow itself down.

Am feeling so much better being back in control again. I just wasn't safe out there eating. Whereas now, I feel a lot happier. Perhaps this isn't a healthy attitude, but maybe if I get to maintenance this time, I can learn how to do it properly.

I haven't planned any nights out for a long while with the exception of hubby's birthday at the end of July, by the time I hope to be a couple of stone lighter and I may feel confident enough to actually not drink and continue to SS. I just need to remember how I was feeling on Sunday morning if I ever get tempted to stray and remain in control. As a self confessed control-freak I hate it when the voice in my head is telling me something different. I guess thats why CD does my head in at tmes, because it's like I'm having a fight in my head! Now, I just sound mad, LOL.

Hi Dis if you read this, I did look for your diary, but couldn't find. Hope day 1 went well and you survived the MIL

Right, I had better get on, I got up early to work again, but yesterday spent nearly 2 hours on here! How time flies!! Plus I've lots of water to drink!

Mmm, I still haven't started my work. I think I may go and get myself ready to go to the gym - it will make me feel good and get me ready for work, and I'm sure I'll be more effective at work after a work-out - may try and persuade hubby as well.

Well posting on here beats talking to myself, LOL.

Just a quickie as I now have an hour to get ready for work.

Just did 30 minutes rowing at the gym and 100 sit ups. Feeling great! Got a ruddy blister though - god knows why? I was sat down and not meant to be moving my feet whilst rowing. V strange. Anyway, feel inspired. I figure that rowing is better than my brisk walk because I have a chance of it toning up my boobs and bingo wings.

The situps were quite hard as it's been a long while since I've used them. Was really good though and I was listening to Coldplays 'Swallowed by the sea' on the way home which is one of my faves...so all is good in the world today :)

hahaha! you said Bingo Wings! i love that phrase. I haven't heard anyone else use it besides my older brother in San Francisco. It's sooo funny.

Good on you for going to the gym this morning.
:character00116:
you probably feel so much better for going.
:party0038:

;)

Back