Day 5, depressed

Smrgol

Hello all,

I have made it to day 5 without too much of a problem, except for some thing...

Since about 4pm today I have been feeling really down, it probably doesnt help that my team at work are planning a night out in a few weeks and that my mum's wedding is a week after, which I am happy about, but if I'm still on CD I'll have to miss the meal etc :sigh:

Is it normal to feel like this during CD, also how do you know if/when ketosis has kicked in?

Hello you well done for getting to day 5!

I can completely relate to you, and I must say I think it is normal, its part of the diet. Think of your hormones racing, they are changing and adjusting and it is going to one minute make you feel elated, and one minute make you feel depressed and down.

You have lost your security blanket, Im not going to lie - thats what we call food! A nice cuppa steaming tea with a biccie, or a nice sarnie at lunch - makes us keep going through the day doesnt it? I find now I have an empty feeling as at the moment whilst we are getting the ball rolling (and the fat burning - im only 3 days ahead of you!) there seems to be nothing to look forward to and it can really get you down.

I just had my first weigh in and treated myself to 2 new OPI nail varnishes as I love them, cheered me up - not that I need it much because I lost a good amount and it gave me a 2nd wind for my 2nd week.

Not meaning to put the light on ME, just saying that when you get weighed in a couple of days and you see how much you've lost you will feel great and you should really treat yourself to something - a new mag or a new top - pair of earrings or even browse at the clothes websites to see what you will be wearing soon!

Hope you feel better soon, its ok to feel down - dont beat yourself up about it, this is a really tough diet and you need to ride your emotions, however they want to be!

xx

Lot's of people feel the same on a VLCD. It means massive lifestyle changes and you have to really think what you want most - the night out and meal or to be slim. If your head is in the right place the choice should be easy. After your 1st WI you'll be on such a high you'll float through week 2 and week 3 brings more choices in the things you can have so will spur you on further. Good luck!

just think in say 3 months or 4 months u will be able have the food you want in modearation ina longterm lifestyle change

i am jsut about ready now after 23 weeks to eat and have had some hard days but the reuslt of loosing nearly 8 stone has been more rewarding

I'm hoping to get to my target weight of 12stone in 6-8 weeks (will understand if it takes a little longer as I know weight loss is slower the less you have to shift).
I will just have to be really careful not to eat the things I have been thinking about today like bangers and mash or cheesey mash haha
I know I can have them, just in moderation and make sure they are not a "all the time" dinner

Yes, this happens. Sorry but there it is. This too will pass, this too will pass, this too will pass....

hope you feel better tomorrow. I bet you will. x

Just to confirm what everyone else says, it will get better, you will feel better and once you get a couple of weigh ins completed the power of the diet takes over! You should know you are in ketosis when you wake up and your mouth feels just awful and you have the worst breath in the world. Also I found that cravings for food were all in my head not in my tummy and I went through a stage where I forgot even about the shakes/ soups etc as I felt so good.

Stick with it and you will get the results you want!

Back