Step 1 Sole Source Day 5..hungry, cold, tired and not in Ketosis..HELP!!

ktandspen

I am really feeling sorry for myself today, it's day 5, I have only lost 2 and a half, am hungry, tired, cold and it's my birthday ???
I struggle with my weight normally, can go a week and only eat twice but still not lose weight, have a tiny appetite but still don't lost anything. because i have 4 stone to lose no-one believes me. according to GP I am borderline OVERACTIVE thyroid but they won't look at it because it is 0.2 out of tolerance. So have come to Cambridge hoping that it will do something, however I am pretty sure I am not even in ketosis..is that even possible??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there I'm so sorry you having a rough time, I'm not a doctor so cannot comment really on you weight loss in relation to your medical probs, but what you have done so far is by no means easy, I am on my 12th day, and whilst last week I had a good loss the scales have not moved at all this week :(, but you have to give it a chance, if you putt 100% into this and follow guidelines of water intake (as much as you can) there is no reason it shouldn't work for you, if after a couple of weeks you haven't lost anything then I personally would speak to CDC and maybe your doctor again, but please give it a chance, and tough it out, I too have 3-4 stone to loose and I am starving and cold too, support and motivation I'm sending to you by the bucket, I hope I've helped a little :)

Oh and Happy Birthday :) I bet this will a birthday that in future you look back on and say, "that's was when my journey began and look how far I've come" :)

There's no such thing as borderline hypothyroid, but I suspect I'm already preaching to the converted. Once upon a time, doctors treated patients instead of the results of blood tests. Now the almighty TSH result rules, and it really shouldn't. Unfortunately, even if you found a doctor who was willing to give you a small dose of levothyroxine, it probably wouldn't make much difference to how you feel cos the dose would likely be too small to make any difference.

Anyway, I'll climb off my soapbox. Suffice to say I understand your pain. There are doctors out there - sympathetic endocrinologists even - who will take your symptoms seriously but the tricky bit is getting a GP referral to one of them.

In the meantime... Cambridge will let you lose weight. You may not drop pounds as quickly as some other folk do on this plan, but it will still work for you, so that at least at some stage you can go back to your doctor and say, "I've lost weight and I still feel cr@p. Any chance you'll take my symptoms seriously now?"

You'll be in ketosis really soon. The fact that you're cold is a good sign and the hunger will ease off soon. Make sure you're drinking plenty. And steer clear of the scales - sometimes it takes a good few days for them to drop, but they will, promise.

Hang in there - and :birthday:

Thank you thank you, it's so nice to hear someone who believes me rather than tell me to be honest with myself and eat less! The GPs over the years have been so insulting. When I took my family in for support to try and see that food is not my problem he called my mum and husband liars and said that they were enabling my compulsive over eating! I just have to keep ok going with it and hope that the results will come eventually. Am still quite tired and waiting for this ketosis euphoria to kick in, the girls are coming over for my birthday tonight, we are all on diets and one of them is also doing Cambridge so black coffee and soup will be a lot easier! Thanks for the support guys, seriously I would struggle without this forum!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back